Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FalconofShadows

Where do you prefer passrush to come from

When it comes to pass rush, would you rather have good pass rushers coming from the edge or DTs from the middle.

My personal preference would be a passrush coming from DTs who are pushing that picket back. I feel it's more likley the DEs have a better chance getting a QB going side to side from a rush rather then giving a QB a place to move up potentially 

I would prefer pressure to come up the middle from DT's.  If a QB can't step up in the pocket that makes things very difficult for offenses.  Plus if pressure is coming from up the middle they are more likely to rely on quick passes and screens and I think that plays into the strength of our defense which is speed.  I also think a strong interior rush helps the edge rush more than vice versa.

From the inside and from better secondary coverage. We've tried again and again on edge rushers and have failed each time. It's time to do something different and build our pass rush from the inside out.

To beat QBs like Tom Brady in his prime, Drew Brees and other quick release pocket passers, collapsing the interior takes their step forward into the protective pocket and throw on a dime timing pass away from them. Ryan is far better under  a ridiculous amount of pressure and will often still beat a defense regardless of how much pressure. 

Don’t  forget in Super Bowl the only TD Brady threw in first 3 quarters was to Robert Alford. Grady had 3 sacks that game, we had him totally flustered, under 50% completion percentage, missing wide open receivers... until they picked up on our signals by 4th quarter then knew every play call we had on offense by 4th quarter.

If all you have is interior pressure the QB can just step laterally if pocket collapses, but I prefer an equal distribution of both interior and edge pressure. This is what creates real issues with a QB, they never know for sure where it’s coming from and start hearing phantom footsteps.