Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconsIn2012

6’2, 225 LBS and Sub 4.4 40

66 posts in this topic

If Hooper walks in FA, I say we draft this mean mother trucker to tar his production.  He isn’t a TE, but he is a freaking animal.  In a loaded WR class, he is the best IMO. And it’s not close. Dude is 230 lbs and runs sub 4.4 40.  

“Shenault Jr —at 6'2", 225 pounds with a sub-4.4 40—will go in the first five picks of next year's draft.”  For some reason he is late first to second round projection

Draft him in the 2nd if he falls... then add AJ Dillon and your identity changes a bit

Falcons_Frenzy likes this

I've brought this up before, being a CU fan, I know a lot about Viska. He had some turf toe issues his senior year, sat some games. He was an absolute difference maker on the field when healthy. Not that we need another WR, but this dude is a man among boys. There was an issue with him lifting with the wideouts, it took too long to remove the plates every time Viska was in there, so they moved him to lift with the lineman.. true story. If healthy, should be a force in the NFL and I wouldn't mind seeing him in the A.

39 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Would be a good protege for Julio. Very similar skill-sets.

Meet the Colorado WR Who Has the NFL Drooling: 'He's Julio Jones, Only Bigger'

MATT HAYES
SEPTEMBER 19, 2019

BOULDER, Colo. — He has never seen anyone like him.

Never. Anyone. It's a distinct description with zero wiggle room for a no-frills realist like Colorado head coach Mel Tucker.

"That's just not a statement you're going to hear from me," Tucker says.    

Until he met Laviska Shenault Jr. 

In 23 years as a defensive assistant or coordinator in college football and the NFL, Tucker has been around every size, shape, strength and speed possible at the wide receiver position.

Plaxico Burress and Josh Reed. Michael Jenkins and Santonio Holmes. Alshon Jeffery and Calvin Ridley. Those are but a handful of the players he has coached and doesn't include those he has coached against.

None has the complete package of Shenault.

"You could go a whole career and not coach a guy like him," Tucker says, and he can feel the skepticism, so now it gets serious.

He leans in, elbows on his knees with a steely stare that looks a whole lot like the one he gave his team an hour earlier during practice when he barked, "You'd better be comfortable with being uncomfortable, with that sense of urgency to do it right every time, or you can take your *** to the [NCAA transfer] portal right now."

"Some guys are your speed, go [route] guys," he continues now. "Some are your slants. Some are your highpoint-and-go-get-the-ball. Some are your guys that can go over the middle. Or size and strength and run-after-the-catch guys.

He is all of that rolled into one.”

Continued...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2852683-meet-the-colorado-wr-who-has-the-nfl-drooling-hes-julio-jones-only-bigger.amp.html

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

He's not dropping to the 2nd. If he does, yes draft him, but he won't. He might be the 3rd receiver off the board behind jeudy and lamb.

He should sky rocket post combine. Highest ceiling by far amongst WR in this draft.

But right now places like NFL.com have him going in the 2nd round to Detroit

47 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Too much of a BPA move for Dimi to make with all his needs and his neck on the line. Nebba hoppen bro. 

We've been going BPA the past few drafts get your head out of your ***.

You dont like the pick so you say it wasnt bpa.

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

He's not dropping to the 2nd. If he does, yes draft him, but he won't. He might be the 3rd receiver off the board behind jeudy and lamb.

And Grady wasn't dropping to the 5th. Savage wasn't a first round talent, etc. You don't know where they value guys.

rugger8 and FalconsIn2012 like this

5 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

And Grady wasn't dropping to the 5th. Savage wasn't a first round talent, etc. You don't know where they value guys.

Thoughts on Shenault?  

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Thoughts on Shenault?  

Caught my attention last year and I've watched him since. Hes a **** beast, he would be a Julio lite and keep this offense explosive and help the QB after Ryan so much.

No matter where he goes he will be a player I watch every sunday.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

12 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

I’d almost like the Falcons to grab him at 16 just to see the board meltdown that would ensue lol.

As much as we don’t need a WR, I would not melt.  He and Julio make Koetter’s vertical scheme far more lethal.  It would be overkill, but it would be entertaining which is mostly all I am looking for on Sundays

If the Falcons fall in love with a receiver(lots of talent this year) I wouldn't be opposed to trading Ridley for a first.

3 minutes ago, Someday soon said:

If the Falcons fall in love with a receiver(lots of talent this year) I wouldn't be opposed to trading Ridley for a first.

I thought about that.  He probably gets a 2nd in return though

52 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Meet the Colorado WR Who Has the NFL Drooling: 'He's Julio Jones, Only Bigger'

MATT HAYES
SEPTEMBER 19, 2019

BOULDER, Colo. — He has never seen anyone like him.

Never. Anyone. It's a distinct description with zero wiggle room for a no-frills realist like Colorado head coach Mel Tucker.

"That's just not a statement you're going to hear from me," Tucker says.    

Until he met Laviska Shenault Jr. 

In 23 years as a defensive assistant or coordinator in college football and the NFL, Tucker has been around every size, shape, strength and speed possible at the wide receiver position.

Plaxico Burress and Josh Reed. Michael Jenkins and Santonio Holmes. Alshon Jeffery and Calvin Ridley. Those are but a handful of the players he has coached and doesn't include those he has coached against.

None has the complete package of Shenault.

"You could go a whole career and not coach a guy like him," Tucker says, and he can feel the skepticism, so now it gets serious.

He leans in, elbows on his knees with a steely stare that looks a whole lot like the one he gave his team an hour earlier during practice when he barked, "You'd better be comfortable with being uncomfortable, with that sense of urgency to do it right every time, or you can take your *** to the [NCAA transfer] portal right now."

"Some guys are your speed, go [route] guys," he continues now. "Some are your slants. Some are your highpoint-and-go-get-the-ball. Some are your guys that can go over the middle. Or size and strength and run-after-the-catch guys.

Continued...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2852683-meet-the-colorado-wr-who-has-the-nfl-drooling-hes-julio-jones-only-bigger.amp.html

Give me a break...’he is Julio Jones only bigger” Julio's already one of the GOAT receivers, this kid is a #15-50 prospect.

Sounds like the hype the rookie from SEA was getting this time of year. Not that he turned out bad, but let the kid play a down before crowing him him as something better than JJ11.

Run 'n' Shoot likes this

4 minutes ago, Someday soon said:

What?!? Trade a young guy who has already shown he can be a NFL WR1 for a prospect...just dumb. There is ZERO reason to trade him, he is still on his rookie deal even. Dam you madden....

408Falcon likes this

Just now, 1989Fan said:

Give me a break...’he is Julio Jones only bigger” Julio's already one of the GOAT receivers, this kid is a #15-50 prospect.

Sounds like the hype the rookie from SEA was getting this time of year. Not that he turned out bad, but let the kid play a down before crowing him him as something better than JJ11.

They are saying the specimen, not the player.

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

They are saying the specimen, not the player.

I know, but that headline was BS and I am grouchy today, so let me have this one.:lol:

Edit: actually, re-reading he is definitely saying the player as a whole, not just size/weight/speed...see the last paragraph. It’s just a HC trying to get his guy drafted though. Not often Colorado gets this level of talent, so understandable.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

8 minutes ago, Someday soon said:

**** no.

Chiefs didn't trade away Sammy when Mecole and Robinson stepped up.

1989Fan likes this

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

**** no.

Chiefs didn't trade away Sammy when Mecole and Robinson stepped up.

Yep, and Sammy getting paid WAY more than CR entering year 3 of his rookie deal.

Ovie_Lover likes this

5 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I know, but that headline was BS and I am grouchy today, so let me have this one.:lol:

Edit: actually, re-reading he is definitely saying the player as a whole, not just size/weight/speed...see the last paragraph. It’s just a HC trying to get his guy drafted though. Not often Colorado gets this level of talent, so understandable.

Could be right.  But Mel Tucker isn’t prone to hyperbole.  And the article is from a year ago so draft stock wasn’t in play here