Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconsIn2012

Miami Trading Up To #2

9 posts in this topic

Apparently the Dolphins are moving up to ensure they get Tua.  I think he’d be there at 5th, but I’ll be curious to see the cost.  At least one additional 1st.

With rumors swirling that Detroit wants Tua, it’s a wise move by Miami. Obviously there has to be some truth to that Detroit rumor if Miami is willing to risk it for him. I wouldn’t but that’s on them. They better hope they can put all that cap space to good use in free agency

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

With rumors swirling that Detroit wants Tua, it’s a wise move by Miami. Obviously there has to be some truth to that Detroit rumor if Miami is willing to risk it for him. I wouldn’t but that’s on them. They better hope they can put all that cap space to good use in free agency

Well in a way, they're in a good spot because they will have to grossly overpay to get anyone to go to that soiled diaper of a franchise to begin with.

On 2/9/2020 at 6:34 AM, ya_boi_j said:

I honestly think Detroit is just baiting Miami into going for Tua. And it looks like it's working. Got a buddy who is a big Lions fan and this is his thought. 

Charles Wright and ya_boi_j like this

11 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I honestly think Detroit is just baiting Miami into going for Tua. And it looks like it's working. Got a buddy who is a big Lions fan and this is his thought. 

It’s a ducked up business but you gotta play the game

tl;dr likes this

If you believe Tua will be 100% healthy and has the ability to mostly stay healthy, then moving up from #5 to #2 is worth it.    Obviously no one can guarantee Tua's health - the dude has serious arm talent and ability to see the field and scramble and run when necessary.   Just scary w/ the two ankle injuries and now the hip.

You can never assume you will have the #1 or #2 pick in the 2021 draft and get Lawrence (or Fields) - Dolphins executives and fans thought they would have the #1 pick in 2020 and they ended up #5 overall.

On 2/10/2020 at 2:04 PM, tl;dr said:

honestly think Detroit is just baiting Miami into going for Tua. And it looks like it's working. Got a buddy who is a big Lions fan and this is his thought.

Front office with a plan, Patriots way

Washington should just take Tua. I’d put money on Haskins being another OSU QB flop. But it’s Washington so they will blow it. Snyder loves Haskins too much to make the right move.

Many said Tua was the QB1 before his injury...not sure that would have been the case w Burrow ending the season playing like a madman, but it would have been close.