GATXBOI

Feb Mock 1.0

22 posts in this topic

No OL in your mock.  We need to draft 2 more OL in the next 2 years in order to fix our OL issues.  (not going to fix them in FA)  Frankly, I'm on board with drafting OL every year.

ATLSlobberKnockers and Osiruz like this

3 hours ago, robertap said:

No OL in your mock.  We need to draft 2 more OL in the next 2 years in order to fix our OL issues.  (not going to fix them in FA)  Frankly, I'm on board with drafting OL every year.

We don't need to draft an OL.  There's a very good chance that we might spend money in the FA for this.  Especially, for the LG position.  Not a fan of Gono. 

9 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

febmock.GIF.c8920b28acaad1b7920d99f2c21abace.GIF

i know some will say why draft two edges we will convert Davidson to IDL he is 6'3 297

me personally i would draft Chaisson Kareem and Davidson and not draft Phillips put Chaisson at LB Kareem on the Edge Davidson on the Inside

I honestly think we shouldn't draft an EDGE in the first around if it isn't Young or AJ Epenesa.  This draft doesn't have the best edge rushers, but they do have some good DBs and DTs, which is also something that the Falcons need.

Edited by Falc0n

9 hours ago, Falc0n said:

We don't need to draft an OL.  There's a very good chance that we might spend money in the FA for this.  Especially, for the LG position.  Not a fan of Gono. 

Yep. Not eager to see TD go into the FA market for another OL with the stench of the Brown and Carpenter acquisitions still in the air, but we're going to need somebody to come in and take command of that spot. We can't afford to go after a guard in the draft in the early rounds because of obvious needs for pass rush, LB, CB, etc., and a guard in the later rounds would likely not be ready to step in and be a starter this coming season. Gotta hope TD gets his OL right in FA this time.

8 hours ago, Falc0n said:

I honestly think we shouldn't draft an EDGE in the first around if it isn't Young or AJ Epenesa.  This draft doesn't have the best edge rushers, but they do have some good DBs and DTs, which is also something that the Falcons need.

espensa

there is only 3 edge ill take in the first young chaisson ygm....i like uche but i think he is a wlb in our defense....

25 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

i tried my hardest to stay away i just couldn't this is the most excited i have been about the draft in a long time

I prefer this one for the record

Chaisson is probably the best we could hope for at 16 but you never know there could be a run on QBs in the top 15 and some guys may fall to us ... seeing Jordan Love and Eason mocked top 15 lately 

1 hour ago, JetJones11 said:

Chaisson is probably the best we could hope for at 16 but you never know there could be a run on QBs in the top 15 and some guys may fall to us ... seeing Jordan Love and Eason mocked top 15 lately 

If we cant get Chaisson, i would pull the plug on YGM too just cause where can you get that combination of size and speed like Chaisson and i think YGM is the closest thing to Chase Young straight up outside of the CFP they played the same competition.

I like Davidson only as a DT. I wouldn 't mind Kareem. I like Uche but i think in the NFL that 6'1 height is going to be a problem. I see him more as a weakside lb. I dont like Espensa or Anae. I think Okwara and Lewis are built for 3-4 teams.

26 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

If we cant get Chaisson, i would pull the plug on YGM too just cause where can you get that combination of size and speed like Chaisson and i think YGM is the closest thing to Chase Young straight up outside of the CFP they played the same competition.

I like Davidson only as a DT. I wouldn 't mind Kareem. I like Uche but i think in the NFL that 6'1 height is going to be a problem. I see him more as a weakside lb. I dont like Espensa or Anae. I think Okwara and Lewis are built for 3-4 teams.

Maybe even switch it up and draft DeAndre Swift

41 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

No way I'm helll Biadasz or Davidson are even close to the positions you picked them but this would be the best haul I've seen

o yea i know but what was funny with this mock once i picked Swift at 16 this whole draft went crazy. i didn't want to be to crazy and take SWIFT YGM and Davidson with my first 3 picks

19 hours ago, robertap said:

feb5.GIF.9bcb9d6aa43f628e9b4cc9ed3d4ffa97.GIF

the more i sit and think about it you and @ATLSlobberKnockers are right we should be drafting a LG in the draft with Mack being here draft his replacement next year.... I like Swift but I feel out of the top five RBS how can we go wrong except for Taylor I think he got too banged up at Wisconsin...As for CB as i was going back over game film i think we really need a NB not a outside corner i was mocking L. Jackson but i don't want to take anything from Oliver and Sheffield. as for YGM we need that true DE and i really think its between him Young and Chaisson and in this mock both Young and Chaisson went 2 and 3 overall

Edited by GATXBOI
robertap likes this

2 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

the more i sit and think about it you and @ATLSlobberKnockers are right we should be drafting a LG in the draft with Mack being here draft his replacement next year.

It's possible that Biadasz, Cushenberry, or Ruiz will be there at 47.  If one of them are, that would be a good move.  Draft them, let them play LG for a year with Mack playing next to them.  Let them take the reigns in 2021.  They're all coming out as juniors.

7 minutes ago, robertap said:

It's possible that Biadasz, Cushenberry, or Ruiz will be there at 47.  If one of them are, that would be a good move.  Draft them, let them play LG for a year with Mack playing next to them.  Let them take the reigns in 2021.  They're all coming out as juniors.

thats exactly what i was thinking

EDGE LG IDL RB in this order  and if one of the top five DT not there with our second second pick im taking Davidson

On 2/8/2020 at 4:46 PM, GATXBOI said:

febmock.GIF.c8920b28acaad1b7920d99f2c21abace.GIF

i know some will say why draft two edges we will convert Davidson to IDL he is 6'3 297

me personally i would draft Chaisson Kareem and Davidson and not draft Phillips put Chaisson at LB Kareem on the Edge Davidson on the Inside

Why draft two OL in round 1? Because it was needed. The Falcons need multiple edge rushers so even if it wasn't a move inside it's justified. 

21 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

feb5.GIF.9bcb9d6aa43f628e9b4cc9ed3d4ffa97.GIF

This is actually not too far off from what I ended up with on The Draft Network's mock draft machine:

16 A.J. Epenesa, EDGE Iowa

47 Cesar Ruiz, IOL Michigan

55 Raekwon Davis, IDL Alabama

78 Cam Akers, RB Florida State

109 Adam Trautman, TE Dayton

139 Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC

205 Trevis Gipson, EDGE Tulsa

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

6 minutes ago, k-train said:

This is actually not too far off from what I ended up with on The Draft Network's mock draft machine:

16 A.J. Epenesa, EDGE Iowa

47 Cesar Ruiz, IOL Michigan

55 Raekwon Davis, IDL Alabama

78 Cam Akers, RB Florida State

109 Adam Trautman, TE Dayton

139 Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC

205 Trevis Gipson, EDGE Tulsa

This would be an outstanding draft.  I really like the Trautman pick. I've mentioned him a few times in other posts.