Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think Kurt Benkart could be a starting QB in the NFL one day?

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If he is the back up and Ryan gets hurt, he will be the starter.  Would he do a good job? It’s certainly easier in today’s NFL.

I was watching Benkurt's few plays from preseason and noticed how small he looks. Hopefully he's bulked up some during rehabbing and get back in playing shape.

He's listed at 215 lbs, but he looks thinner than Ryan to me and he's listed at 217 lbs.

16 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If he is the back up and Ryan gets hurt, he will be the starter.  Would he do a good job? It’s certainly easier in today’s NFL.

He seems like he's hungry. Learning from Matt Ryan has got to be a blessing. Hopefully Matt teaches him all he can. 

6 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

He should be thinking super bowl victory not deep playoff run. Like Nick Foles, Kurt Warner and Tom Brady did from off the bench.

Stuff like like that doesn't happen often.

Foles and Warner took over the best offenses in the league those years.

Brady had a really good defense.

Benkurt wouldn't have either.

8 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Hes no game manager. Hes the type that will either throw for 400 and a few scores or throw 4 picks. If he ever puts it all together hes starter quality.

9 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I think he beats out Schaub this preseason.

If Schaub retires, make him an offensive assistant because he's been in a coaching role even as the backup QB.

Schaub played good this past season when we called upon him. He may retire, but I don't believe it'll be his desire to.. If anything we cut him and possibly add him to staff if no bad blood is their