Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unintentional Grounding

2020 Draft || Falcons Prospect Tracker

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Romfal said:

we seem to be showing extra interest in tackles...are we considering moving Matthews and his contract?

Probably looking for a swing so we can cut Ty. This is important especially if Gono gets a legit shot at LG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

intel for this thread is about to get all sorts of ******

 

Quote

The Miami Dolphins, Atlanta Falcons and Buffalo Bills have also announced that they are suspending travel for their scouts and coaches.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105987/article/multiple-nfl-teams-suspend-travel-due-to-coronavirus

 

no pro days and likely no more pre draft visits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope boy wonders board is all set

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106188/article/nfl-prohibits-teams-from-predraft-visits-starting-sat

 

NFL prohibits teams from pre-draft visits starting Sat.

 

The NFL sent a memo to all 32 teams on Friday instructing clubs to halt pre-draft visits to team facilities effective at the end of today's business day due to growing concerns surrounding the new coronavirus, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero and Mike Garafolo reported.

"We have been closely monitoring developments relating to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and taking action based on the guidance of our Chief Medical Officer Dr. Allen Sills and the medical experts at the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention," the memo stated. "After considering recent medical and public safety information related to COVID-19, we have decided to prohibit all in-person pre-Draft visits involving draft-eligible players effective at the end of this business day, until further notice."

The news comes after NFL Network Insider reported the Miami Dolphins had Ohio State running back J.K. Dobbins in for a pre-draft visit Friday. Rapoport reported Dobbins has been living and training for the 2020 NFL Draft in South Florida so no air travel was necessary for the visit, and the Dolphins were exercising extreme care and caution with the visit.

Rapoport also reported on NFL NOW that the Dolphins are meeting with potential first-round quarterback Jordan Love on Friday before pre-draft visits are prohibited.

Since Thursday, multiple NFL teams have suspended their air travel for coaches and scouts and a few announced they are temporarily closing their facilities due to COVID-19. The Dolphins announced Thursday that they have pulled their scouts and coaches from the road during the pre-draft process.

Additionally the memo states that the following is prohibited:

-- Any draft-eligible player traveling to a club facility or other location to meet with club personnel
-- Club personnel (including BLESTO or NFS scouts) traveling to any location, including a college campus to visit with a draft-eligible player

NFL teams are permitted to conducted interviews with prospects via telephone or video conferences through the day prior to the draft -- scheduled April 23-25 in Las Vegas.

Per the memo, the following new restrictions are applicable to any telephone or video conference:

-- Clubs can schedule no more than three telephone or video conferences with an individual draft-eligible player per week (Sunday through Saturday)
-- Each telephone or video conference can last no longer than one hour
-- Such telephone or video conference cannot be conducted at a time that interferes with the player's school schedule

The league also said that any team found in violation of the new guidelines will be subject to discipline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Romfal said:

Hope boy wonders board is all set

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106188/article/nfl-prohibits-teams-from-predraft-visits-starting-sat

 

NFL prohibits teams from pre-draft visits starting Sat.

 

The NFL sent a memo to all 32 teams on Friday instructing clubs to halt pre-draft visits to team facilities effective at the end of today's business day due to growing concerns surrounding the new coronavirus, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero and Mike Garafolo reported.

"We have been closely monitoring developments relating to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and taking action based on the guidance of our Chief Medical Officer Dr. Allen Sills and the medical experts at the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention," the memo stated. "After considering recent medical and public safety information related to COVID-19, we have decided to prohibit all in-person pre-Draft visits involving draft-eligible players effective at the end of this business day, until further notice."

The news comes after NFL Network Insider reported the Miami Dolphins had Ohio State running back J.K. Dobbins in for a pre-draft visit Friday. Rapoport reported Dobbins has been living and training for the 2020 NFL Draft in South Florida so no air travel was necessary for the visit, and the Dolphins were exercising extreme care and caution with the visit.

Rapoport also reported on NFL NOW that the Dolphins are meeting with potential first-round quarterback Jordan Love on Friday before pre-draft visits are prohibited.

Since Thursday, multiple NFL teams have suspended their air travel for coaches and scouts and a few announced they are temporarily closing their facilities due to COVID-19. The Dolphins announced Thursday that they have pulled their scouts and coaches from the road during the pre-draft process.

Additionally the memo states that the following is prohibited:

-- Any draft-eligible player traveling to a club facility or other location to meet with club personnel
-- Club personnel (including BLESTO or NFS scouts) traveling to any location, including a college campus to visit with a draft-eligible player

NFL teams are permitted to conducted interviews with prospects via telephone or video conferences through the day prior to the draft -- scheduled April 23-25 in Las Vegas.

Per the memo, the following new restrictions are applicable to any telephone or video conference:

-- Clubs can schedule no more than three telephone or video conferences with an individual draft-eligible player per week (Sunday through Saturday)
-- Each telephone or video conference can last no longer than one hour
-- Such telephone or video conference cannot be conducted at a time that interferes with the player's school schedule

The league also said that any team found in violation of the new guidelines will be subject to discipline.

I wonder how this will affect pro day 40 times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I wonder how this will affect pro day 40 times?

several pro days have been canceled already, I think the guys who didn't run at the combine will have a good excuse to not run at the pro day also. Looking at you Tyler Johnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know most years there was a version of this that had projected rounds for the players.  Is that this thread?

I always found it handy, because you could quickly glance and see if we were looking at CB in the first and CB in the 4th-5th that the plan was to get one early or late, but not in the middle.  So you could get a sense of what couple of draft scenarios they're planning.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

To play Tackle, he better. They usually are more athletic but their RAS is I believe position based?

Yes, but from everything I read he projected to play guard in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cole World said:

Yes, but from everything I read he projected to play guard in the NFL.

Interesting that we have so much interest, considering he might not even make it to our 2nd rounder. Guard is already pretty crowded tbh, thanks to the garbo signings last year. But I guess that depends on where you see Gono playing. Would rather we take a center prospect that's played some guard if I'm being honest, but I like Cleveland ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to apologize to everybody in here that I haven't been able to get to the list and update it for a while.

 

With all the craziness happening I've kinda lost my sense of time. Thank you all for your support and patience at this particular juncture.

 

I'll start things up in a couple of minutes so that we have a more complete list.

 

If any of y'all have any ideas on how to improve the list or make it so we have more information let me know and I'll work on that today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Interesting that we have so much interest, considering he might not even make it to our 2nd rounder. Guard is already pretty crowded tbh, thanks to the garbo signings last year. But I guess that depends on where you see Gono playing. Would rather we take a center prospect that's played some guard if I'm being honest, but I like Cleveland ok

This was just me assuming, but I was thinking we was holding onto Carpenter and or Brown until after the draft so other team wouldn't suspect them targeting a player like Hennessy  in the mid rounds.

Then again they might really let the 3 compete like TD said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2020 at 1:37 PM, Cole World said:

This was just me assuming, but I was thinking we was holding onto Carpenter and or Brown until after the draft so other team wouldn't suspect them targeting a player like Hennessy  in the mid rounds.

Then again they might really let the 3 compete like TD said.

I really don't think we'd be that sneaky. Here's the thing. Carpenter's contract had 1.5 of his 2020 salary guaranteed from the start, but another 1.25 guaranteed on 3/20. It also kicked in a 1mil option bonus. If we released him, even after the draft, we'd have to eat that 1.25 now and the option, and even spreading his hits over the next two years, we' d still only save a little over 1mil this season, and a little over 4 next. There's just not financial gain in not keeping him this year.

As for Brown, he had 4.5 of his 2020 salary guaranteed from the start, and another 250000 guaranteed on 3/20. Even after the draft, spreading out his hits, we wouldn't save a penny releasing him now.

We're probably keeping both this season. The only way we'd release them was if we were just so solid from other roster spots, and just valued the roster spot over eating the money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Fernando C. said:

Would take him in the FIRST...

Trade down to 26th and draft Winnfield while adding pick #55.  
 

26th: Winfield Jr

47th: Jaylen Johnson

55th: Josh Uche

78th: Madubuike 

119th: Tyler Biadasz

143rd: Anthony McFarland

227th: JR Reed

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...