Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unintentional Grounding

2020 Draft || Falcons Prospect Tracker

2 hours ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

Not a fan at all LOL. Basically a tweener OLB 

Is that not what the game has come to?  With more mobile QBs and a more spread out game, you need defensive guys that can be just as versatile.  

1 hour ago, FentayeJones said:

NFL combine: Derrick Brown, Javon Kinlaw among defensive tackles who met with Falcons

Will McFadden

ATLANTAFALCONS.COM

INDIANAPOLIS – The Atlanta Falcons already have one destructive force on the interior of their defensive line in Pro Bowler Grady Jarrett, but they could have their sights set on adding another in this year's NFL Draft.

There are a handful of potentially dominant interior defensive linemen entering the league this offseason, and the Falcons have already met with most of them. Atlanta has already spoken to at least 11 interior defenders at the combine, and two more defensive tackles said they have plans to meet with the teams later in the week.

Big-time prospects like Derrick Brown and Marlon Davidson, who wrought havoc during their college careers at Auburn, had good conversations with the Falcons as the team seeks to boost their pass rush this offseason. Here is a list of the players who said they spoke with Atlanta this week:

• Benito Jones, Ole Miss – Informal
  • Darrion Daniels, Nebraska – Informal
  • Derrick Brown, Auburn – Informal
  • Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina - Informal
  • Jordan Elliott, Missouri – Planned formal
  • Josiah Coatney, Ole Miss – Informal
  • Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M – Informal
  • Larrell Murchison, North Carolina St. – Informal
  • Leki Fotu, Utah – Informal
  • Marlon Davidson, Auburn – Informal
  • Raequan Williams, Michigan St. – Informal
  • Rashard Lawrence, LSU – Informal
  • Ross Blacklock, TCU – Planned meeting

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/nfl-combine-derrick-brown-javon-kinlaw-among-defensive-tackles-who-met-with-falc

Love seeing that planned formal next to Jordan Elliot’s name

NFL combine: Falcons met with top edge rushers in NFL Draft

Will McFadden

ATLANTAFALCONS.COM

INDIANAPOLIS – After finishing with the second-fewest sacks in the league last season, the Atlanta Falcons have made it clear that improving their pass rush is a major priority this offseason.

As football has become more space-oriented, the linebacker position has undergone an interesting evolution. Linebackers now have to have the ability to cover opposing running backs and tight ends, but they've also developed more pass-rushing skills. That was evident in the class of linebackers at this year's combine, which includes players like K'Lavon Chaisson out of LSU and Zack Baun out of Wisconsin.

The Falcons met with at least 10 of the linebackers at this year's event, including a formal interview with Chaisson, who has been linked to Atlanta in some mock drafts. Here is a list of the players who said they've met with the Falcons this week:

• Anfernee Jennings, Alabama – Informal
  • Casey Toohill, Stanford – Informal
  • Curtis Weaver, Boise St. – Informal
  • Darrell Taylor, Tennessee – Informal
  • Josh Uche, Michigan – Informal
  • K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU – Formal
  • Malik Harrison, Ohio St. – Informal
  • Patrick Queen, LSU – Informal
  • Terrell Lewis, Alabama – Informal
  • Zack Baun, Wisconsin – Informal

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/nfl-combine-falcons-met-with-top-edge-rushers-in-nfl-draft

Jake Fromm arm strength heavily questioned.  Wouldn't stop the Falcons...:lol:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-uga-jake-fromm-nfl-combine-kurt-warner/amp

“It comes to pass when you are watching him in person that you still wonder, ‘Is there enough there?’ ”

Fromm’s arm strength was a question for some entering the NFL combine, according to ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr.

Edited by Spts1

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

Jake Fromm arm strength heavily questioned.  Wouldn't stop the Falcons...:lol:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-uga-jake-fromm-nfl-combine-kurt-warner/amp

“It comes to pass when you are watching him in person that you still wonder, ‘Is there enough there?’ ”

Fromm’s arm strength was a question for some entering the NFL combine, according to ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr.

Dude go troll somewhere else. Don't **** with a great thread. @Unintentional Grounding makes this every year and we should all appreciate it.

Not to mention those like @KRUNKuno@Osiruz and @FentayeJones providing updates/discussion. Real football discussion. Something you arent capable of.

Aside from Jedrick Wills, who will be gone by the time we pick, that o-line list looks lackluster.  I know he's had some injury troubles but Netane Muti would be a homerun pick.  And I don't understand the Chaisson love.  He doesn't have the production and reminds me of Vic way too much.  If I'm going for a slight edge rusher I'd take Julian Okwara over him

Edited by Em_Jae20

10 minutes ago, Em_Jae20 said:

Aside from Jedrick Wills, who will be gone by the time we pick, that o-line list looks lackluster.  I know he's had some injury troubles but Netane Muti would be a homerun pick.  And I don't understand the Chaisson love.  He doesn't have the production and reminds me of Vic way too much.  If I'm going for a slight edge rusher I'd take Julian Okwara over him

I would go Weaver, Gross, AJE, Anae, Uche, Okwara all before I take a Chaisson 

Lowkey hoping Brown doesn't have stellar numbers. Nothing awful, but ideally not super impressive. If he slips to around that 10 spot, I'd be 100% ok with a trade up. I love Chaisson as a Sam and nickel DE in this system, but I think Brown is the best defensive player in the draft.

44 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Lowkey hoping Brown doesn't have stellar numbers. Nothing awful, but ideally not super impressive. If he slips to around that 10 spot, I'd be 100% ok with a trade up. I love Chaisson as a Sam and nickel DE in this system, but I think Brown is the best defensive player in the draft.

Man Brown and Jarrett in the middle :huh:

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I know, I know. There wasn't another thread to put it in. Don't beat me up

Hill at Virginia Tech = Could’ve been a first rounder

Hill at Miami = meh

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

Hill at Virginia Tech = Could’ve been a first rounder

Hill at Miami = meh

He put up similar numbers in Miami as he did his 2 good years at VT. 

2016- 17 solo tackles, 6 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks

2017-24 solo, 9.5 tfl, 5.5 sacks

2018-not worth posting

2019 in Miami-17 solo, 9.5 tfl, 4.5 sacks

Don't know your definition of meh and first round pick but it doesn't look accurate given the comparison at both schools.