Chips All In: Offseason Mock

FalconsIn2012

While I honestly felt last year the FO went all in, the plan went off like a popcorn fart.  I don’t like popcorn farts so I say we double down and go all in again.  With that said, here is what it should look like.

It does appear expensive, looks  but doesn’t have to be with a few offloads.

We are win now. I don’t care, spend it all https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HilariousUntimelyHeifer-size_restricted.gif

DE - Robert Quinn 

S/CB/NB - Jalen Mills

TE - Eric Ebron

Kyle Van Noy

16: R1P16
DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN   6’5” 318lbs

47: R2P15
ANTOINE WINFIELD
MINNESOTA   5’10” 205lbs

55: R2P23
DT/DE JAMES LYNCH
BAYLOR   6’3” 295

78: R3P14
SHANE LEMIEUX
OREGON   6’4” 316lbs

116: R4P13
CB/S LAMAR JACKSON
NEBRASKA   6’3” 215lbs

157: R5P11
JON RUNYAN
MICHIGAN   6’5” 321lbs

228: R7P14
RB PATRICK TAYLOR JR.
MEMPHIS   6’3” 230lbs

7 minutes ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

Are randomly putting names on paper and calling it a mock?? Show me the money.....

I dont even like 12 and the money part is just extra. Dude doesnt feel like doing it then he doesnt feel like doing it. He said we'd need to make some cuts which we would and can.

18 minutes ago, duckhoa said:

I agree.   Brown and Kinlaw are elite DT’s.   I do not know how you are seeing Brown dropping to us.   

Well, you never know. Hard to predict the future. Wasn’t it Tunsil taken in UDFA? 

this past year

Clelin Ferrell taken 4th overall. We thought he’d drop to 15, 16, or as low as the 2nd round.

This board had Daniel Jones in the 2nd or 3rd

Josh Allen was supposed to be top 5 according to TATF

Ed Oliver was taken at 9 and many here said 3rd

I can continue. Thing is it’s a mock not a “real”. I’ve seen him go in the top 10 and in the teens. People asking for what will happen, I guess will have to wait until technology shows the future and its variables...but even then it will be skewed based on alterations in future events with “knowing”. So, in mocks if it’s way off then yes. We know it’s improbable for Chase Young. It is not impossible for Brown until we see what happens in about a week for the combine.

1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I dont agree with double dipping at Guard without taking a LB..and I would definitely take a running back with that 2nd round 2 pick instead of a DE..especially when you signed Quinn and drafted Brown...

But watching this team..and knowing how you look at things ..I definitely see why you did what you did

Kyle Van Noy is a LB and Runyan plays Tackle as a well as Guard.

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Well, you never know. Hard to predict the future. Wasn’t it Tunsil taken in UDFA? 

this past year

Clelin Ferrell taken 4th overall. We thought he’d drop to 15, 16, or as low as the 2nd round.

I can continue. Thing is it’s a mock not a “real”. I’ve seen him go in the top 10 and in the teens. People asking for what will happen, I guess will have to wait until technology shows the future and its variables...but even then it will be skewed based on alterations in future events with “knowing”. So, in mocks if it’s way off then yes. We know it’s improbable for Chase Young. It is not impossible for Brown until we see what happens in about a week for the combine.

Great point bro! These guys just don’t get the fact that these teams have varying degrees to their draft boards.  We as fans and these sports writers can only predict who the teams may draft.  I have watched drafts long enough to know people you think will go early don’t and Vice versa for guys who fall.  

5 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Hey tell me what you see wrong in Mills.

Well he was on the pup list until week 6 and he had several injuries to his elbow and foot.  It could have severely hampered his play.  Which you can see that Mills recorded 41 tackles (29 solo), an interception and seven pass breakups in nine games during the 2019 season.  These were career low numbers for him.  If he’s fully healthy then a prove it deal would have to be the best course of action considering he’s an unrestricted FA.  That’s my only concern with him.

16 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Well he was on the pup list until week 6 and he had several injuries to his elbow and foot.  It could have severely hampered his play.  Which you can see that Mills recorded 41 tackles (29 solo), an interception and seven pass breakups in nine games during the 2019 season.  These were career low numbers for him.  If he’s fully healthy then a prove it deal would have to be the best course of action considering he’s an unrestricted FA.  That’s my only concern with him.

Cool, when I see him it’s basically a Kazee and Allen deal. I think he’s an upgrade from some of the weaker jags. I’m not in love but don’t hate him. Especially with the addition of Winfield and Jackson.

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

Cool, when I see him it’s basically a Kazee and Allen deal. I think he’s an upgrade from some of the weaker jags. I’m not in love but don’t hate him. Especially with the addition of Winfield and Jackson.

No doubt instantly he would be an upgrade especially if he’s 100% right now!

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

this past year

Exactly, all the time people say “so and so will be long gone” or “that is a huge reach” and it’s based off of where Kiper or McShay or some other media guy has them going.  We have no clue, at this point they don’t have a good idea yet and they get inside info.  Combine will shuffle a lot of this up, between the workouts and interviews, and free agency will change some of the top teams needs which will also change some stuff around.  Every year there are reaches and and every year a couple tumble.

6 hours ago, Knight of God said:

this past year

Agree, as much as I don't believe it, I have seen (due to needs of teams and shift of draft picks taken) A.J. Epenesa jump to 11 for the Jets Which from what I have heard most analysts have us taking him if he is available, but no higher than 14 in others, and I have seen Kinlaw projected as a top 12 pick a few times, but also have seen him mocked at the end of the first.

Between now and April so much can change and trades up and down will determine a lot especially if someone (like us maybe?) decides to put our name in the hat to climb into a higher pick, which will change a lot of projections because new teams needing different positions will attain those new spots.

4 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Great info as usual.  You need to spend as much time on TATF as you do on TATH