New punter signed.

ya_boi_j

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I thought he was doing well.

5 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

We need to bring back Ryan Allen. Allen was good enough to be the Patriots punter for 6 years. Belichick doesn't keep a bum around for 6 years.

It's possible he's testing the market. Since the guy we signed is getting minimum we can always cut him if Allen comes back.

8 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

It's possible he's testing the market. Since the guy we signed is getting minimum we can always cut him if Allen comes back.

This is what I was thinking. Allen is good. The guy was one of the 5 best punters in the NFL before Belichick cut ties with him because he was too expensive. He may be asking for more money than the FO is willing to dish to a punter, and that's perfectly fine.

The dude we just signed, Sam Irwin-Hill, is the Aussie that was with us on the practice squad for a bit last year but had to be let go due to an issue at the time with his work visa.

I can't imagine this is anything beyond the start of bringing in guys to compete for that role.