Javon Kinlaw is a beast!

basscass

18 minutes ago, Vandy said:

No he didn’t. He and I went round and round on Lawrence, which is why I poke him every chance I get. 

Do you get anything right?

And Why compare Chaisson to the failures? That’s lazy and weak, you can do that with any player in draft. 
You can just as easily compare him favorably to Danielle Hunter and Melvin Gordon. 

He ran all over UGA’s OT Thomas in SEC championship game. And destroyed OU in Peach Bowl.

You obviously have no clue what you’re talking about. Like I said, he was a big part of LSU’s defense. Do your homework next time, you look plain silly posting  nonsense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_c267287c-34c0-11ea-8723-eb002f78304d.amp.html

You aren't the only one who talked to gdawg about Dex. Find one post where gdawg called Dex a bust and I'll concede the point.

Why compare him to the failures? Because he shares a ton of their traits. Undersized edge players without college production don't typically pan out man. You can cherry pick the successes but Chaisson is far from a sure thing. 

So far your argument is: he played well in a couple of games. Well ****, time to use our first on him I guess. Learn how to have a conversation without attacking people you man child. 

29 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

You aren't the only one who talked to gdawg about Dex. Find one post where gdawg called Dex a bust and I'll concede the point.

Why compare him to the failures? Because he shares a ton of their traits. Undersized edge players without college production don't typically pan out man. You can cherry pick the successes but Chaisson is far from a sure thing. 

So far your argument is: he played well in a couple of games. Well ****, time to use our first on him I guess. Learn how to have a conversation without attacking people you man child. 

Concede what point? What is it to you what’s going on between me and G? That’s between He and I, not you. And I don’t have to look up anything for you, it’s none of your business. I know what he said to me. And Lawrence proved him dead wrong, and I’ll continue poking him about it.

Why not compare to failures? Because like I said, it’s a weak and lazy thing to do . Chaisson shares similar traits with Khalil Mack coming out of college too, but I’m not going around claiming he’s that all that. 

And your full of crapola, there was no cherry picking. I said he played well in big games against high caliber opponents. Big difference. UGA. OU. See also Bama game. 

Again, do you get anything right? You’re embarrassing yourself.

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I still think Dex is what I thought he would be ;)

LOL, it’s that same faulty “thinking” which made you look foolish about Lawrence in the first place. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/giantswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/20/new-york-giants-dexter-lawrence-darius-slayton-among-pff-highest-graded-rookies/amp/

More QB pressures than Oliver or Wilkins. And the guy you were touting, Quinn Williams, turned out being in his rookie season who you claimed Lawrence would be.

You make me smile.

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Concede what point? What is it to you what’s going on between me and G? That’s between He and I. I don’t have to look up anything for you, it’s none of your business. I know what he said to me. And Lawrence proved him dead wrong, and I’ll continue poking him about it.

Why not compare to failures? Because like I said, it’s a weak and lazy thing to do . Chaisson shares similar traits with Khalil Mack coming out of college too, but I’m not going around claiming he’s that all that. 

And your full of crapola, there was no cherry picking. I said he played well in big games against high caliber opponents. Big difference. UGA. OU. See also Bama game. 

Again, do you get anything right? You’re embarrassing yourself.

It isnt anything to me. It just signals to me that you aren't having a good faith conversation. I had several exchanges with gdawg specifically regarding Dex. Gdawg liked him but was skeptical of his ability as a pass rusher. He didn't want Dex but openly admitted that Clemson might be under utilizing him. 

If player comps are a weak and lazy thing to do, then I guess the entire scouting community is weak and lazy. 

I admitted earlier that Chaisson had "Wow" snaps. I have stated in this exact thread, that if selected I will hop on the train because there are traits to get excited about. My problems with him are that he is undersized to be a 4-3 DE (he is), that his production is less than what you want in a 1st round pick (it is) and that his overall profile looks an awful lot like several recent underperformers (it does). 

I guess that's supposed to embarrass me :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

It isnt anything to me. It just signals to me that you aren't having a good faith conversation. I had several exchanges with gdawg specifically regarding Dex. Gdawg liked him but was skeptical of his ability as a pass rusher. He didn't want Dex but openly admitted that Clemson might be under utilizing him. 

If player comps are a weak and lazy thing to do, then I guess the entire scouting community is weak and lazy. 

I admitted earlier that Chaisson had "Wow" snaps. I have stated in this exact thread, that if selected I will hop on the train because there are traits to get excited about. My problems with him are that he is undersized to be a 4-3 DE (he is), that his production is less than what you want in a 1st round pick (it is) and that his overall profile looks an awful lot like several recent underperformers (it does). 

And that’s between you and G. I know his and my exchanges on Lawrence, so you telling how how he thinks is irrelevant. Frankly, you made yourself look kinda silly jumping in on that post, and even sillier now continuing to attempt/explain to me what G thinks about The Dex. What are you, his guardian angel?

I respect the fact you don’t like Chaisson. We all have our likes/dislikes on prospects. I don’t respect the lame reasons you threw at me as to why. 

Kinda like the lame reasons G-dawg gave me right about this time last year as to why Dex wasn’t worth the pick. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-giants/new-york-giants-just-how-good-has-dexter-lawrence-been-in-his-rookie-season/amp/

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

And that’s between you and G. I know his and my exchanges on Lawrence, so you telling how how he thinks is irrelevant. Frankly, you made yourself look kinda silly jumping in on that post, and even sillier now continuing to attempt/explain to me what G thinks about The Dex. What are you, his guardian angel?

I respect the fact you don’t like Chaisson. We all have our likes/dislikes. I don’t respect the lame reasons you threw at me as to why. 

I'm not anyone's guardian angel, just been around the board for a while and gdawg isnt exactly shy about giving his opinion on prospects. If he told you Dex is a bust, that directly contradicts the numerous times he gave his opinion on Dex. And again it doesnt matter to me, it's just a signal that you aren't arguing in good faith if you are misrepresenting what people said. Which is also the reason I said to post where he said it. Not because it's my business or because I'm defending gdawg but because I was suspicious you were purposely misrepresenting people's opinions. 

Back to Chaisson, I don't know what reasons you would consider "not lame". I haven't done a full scouting report on him but I've seen him play. He plays hard but doesnt have the desired profile to play full time DE. I gave several players who had similar scouting profiles and body types who have recently come out and busted. His lack of production and injury history only gives me more reason to be suspect of his ability to play DE. 

On 2/7/2020 at 4:13 PM, kiwifalcon said:

Bullied no what makes you think that if we drafted who you mentioning.

Whose to say Epenesa or YGM are going to be better pros than Chaisson.

Like I mentioned in the earlier post outside of Chase Young I’ll put money on Chaisson being the 2nd DE taken in the draft.Wouldnt even surprise me to see him taken inside of those top 12 picks.

God I hope you are right, I watched his tape against Texas tech and he was atrocious. If he doesn't win with speed rush he is done. He is one of those vic beasley types that you gotta scheme him open with stunts. Like I said I am tired of the same old ball and chain. I am ready to try a full time player with his hand in the dirt. 

35 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

God I hope you are right, I watched his tape against Texas tech and he was atrocious. If he doesn't win with speed rush he is done. He is one of those vic veasley types that you gotta scheme him open with stunts. Like I said I am tired of the same old ball and chain. I am ready to try a full time player with his hand in the dirt. 

1.you need to watch more games not just one bad one.

2.if your looking for a full time hand in the ground DE in this draft high you’ll be disappointed because outside of Young the talent drop off after is drastic.

5 hours ago, Artys Arryn said:

I'm not anyone's guardian angel, just been around the board for a while and gdawg isnt exactly shy about giving his opinion on prospects. If he told you Dex is a bust, that directly contradicts the numerous times he gave his opinion on Dex. And again it doesnt matter to me, it's just a signal that you aren't arguing in good faith if you are misrepresenting what people said. Which is also the reason I said to post where he said it. Not because it's my business or because I'm defending gdawg but because I was suspicious you were purposely misrepresenting people's opinions. 

Back to Chaisson, I don't know what reasons you would consider "not lame". I haven’t done a full scouting report on him but I've seen him play. He plays hard but doesnt have the desired profile to play full time DE. I gave several players who had similar scouting profiles and body types who have recently come out and busted. His lack of production and injury history only gives me more reason to be suspect of his ability to play DE. 

For a guy who says “it doesn’t matter to me” you sure keep going on and on about it. :ninja:

Re: full scouting report

Pretty obvious you haven’t.

Lets do this. Bookmark this thread, and revisit next December. Me thinks I’ll be poking you about K’Lavon as much as I’m enjoying poking G about Dex. 

Just now, Vandy said:

For a guy who says “it doesn’t matter to me” you sure keep going on and on about it. :ninja:

Re: full scouting report

obviously not. 

Lets do this. Bookmark this thread, and revisit next December. Me thinks I’ll be poking you about K’Lavon as much as I’m enjoying poking G about Dex. 

Lol if you didn't keep questioning it, I wouldn't keep explaining it. And don't worry, I got the bookmark added. I look forward to revisiting the topic. 

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

1.you need to watch more games not just one bad one.

2.if your looking for a full time hand in the ground DE in this draft high you’ll be disappointed because outside of Young the talent drop off after is drastic.

1. Right he got completely neutralized and shut down. Same thing against Florida with the exception of a last minute sack (LSU was leading and Florida was passing on every play).

2. I like Epenesa and YGM. 

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

1. Right he got completely neutralized and shut down. Same thing against Florida with the exception of a last minute sack (LSU was leading and Florida was passing on every play).

He had like 3 TFLs vs Florida, but aight. Again, people are just gonna see what they want to

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

Shut down in this game you reckon did he do his job.

See how multiple he was used did he give up his edge against the run lol 

Shut down only if you choose what you want to look at.The whole 4th Qtr they parked a RB on Chaisson side of the field as help as soon as they didn’t in the 4th qtr he gets a big sack.

Your right though for good portions of the game the Florida LT did a good job on him.

For me all I see form AJ is a physical guy at the POA but his pass rush is sporadic.If the run gets lateral on him he’s history he’s not recovering to make the play.

6 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

He had like 3 TFLs vs Florida, but aight. Again, people are just gonna see what they want to

When? He got blocked by the QB on two plays which went for a 1st down at 6:30 and around 9:00. I guess he had the coverage sack and the TFL on a desparation play at the end, but he had an obscene amount of pass rush attempts where he just wasnt effective at all. 

6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

See how multiple he was used did he give up his edge against the run lol 

Shut down only if you choose what you want to look at.The whole 4th Qtr they parked a RB on Chaisson side of the field as help as soon as they didn’t in the 4th qtr he gets a big sack.

Your right though for good portions of the game the Florida LT did a good job on him.

For me all I see form AJ is a physical guy at the POA but his pass rush is sporadic.If the run gets lateral on him he’s history he’s not recovering to make the play.

Sure he may have lined up on the strong side of the formation on some of his rushes, but he wasnt being doubled at all. Dont care about him in coverage I dont want a coverage DE. He had alot of ineffective pass rushes considering all florida was doing is trying to throw and catch up and on some run plays he got blocked by a QB or got his butt kicked. 

3 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Sure he may have lined up on the strong side of the formation on some of his rushes, but he wasnt being doubled at all. Dont care about him in coverage I dont want a coverage DE. He had alot of ineffective pass rushes considering all florida was doing is trying to throw and catch up and on some run plays he got blocked by a QB or got his butt kicked. 

Well your going to be disappointed because the drop off from what you want to reality is a chasm there’s Young and then there’s the guys you like.

Me I want a chess pieces so we have multiple ways to attack teams.

You want one dimensional fair enough.

24 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Well your going to be disappointed because the drop off from what you want to reality is a chasm there’s Young and then there’s the guys you like.

Me I want a chess pieces so we have multiple ways to attack teams.

You want one dimensional fair enough.

I think that's really the main issue we're split on. Some fans want the chess piece other fans want a guy who will excel at one specific role. A lot of it depends on how you view AJ, Kinlaw, and YGMs ability to get pressure. 

1 minute ago, Artys Arryn said:

I think that's really the main issue we're split on. Some fans want the chess piece other fans want a guy who will excel at one specific role. A lot of it depends on how you view AJ, Kinlaw, and YGMs ability to get pressure. 

4 hours ago, Osiruz said:

See, I want Chaisson to replace Campbell. That's the big difference in thinking. Being a capable pass rusher and setting the edge well at DE is just another bonus.

I like Kinlaw a lot, but I seriously doubt we have a shot at him. I like Epenesa as a 3T potentially, just don't know that he'll be great in ATL. And with YGM, I think he's going to need thorough vetting after the Penn St stuff. If they're comfy after, he has talent for sure.

7 minutes ago, mar31985 said:

The one guy I wouldn't be mad if we traded up in the first to go get. I'm biased though as a South Carolina fan lol. Also wanted us to draft Deebo Samuel when he came out last year. Kinlaw is going to be a game changing monster in the league. 

Still a bit of development to be had with Kinlaw.But the talent is there just got to checkout his work ethic and willingness to learn.

17 minutes ago, mar31985 said:

The one guy I wouldn't be mad if we traded up in the first to go get. I'm biased though as a South Carolina fan lol. Also wanted us to draft Deebo Samuel when he came out last year. Kinlaw is going to be a game changing monster in the league. 

He's one of those guys where he absolutely has the potential to be the best defensive guy taken this draft. His size and length with that explosiveness is incredibly rare. He isn't there yet. But teams are gonna be drooling over him, no doubt.

On 2/9/2020 at 9:53 AM, Artys Arryn said:

Problem with G-Dawgs opinion in my eyes is his benchmark is Khalil Mack so in his eyes if your not him or close your history.

Basically unrealistic expectations of anyone that size coming out.

Which in my eyes is completely wrong.

For me I like different body types rushing the passer.It takes different techniques to block those body types.Also having guys you can move around is a huge bonus for me as we can attack teams in multiple ways.