Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
basscass

Javon Kinlaw is a beast!

3 hours ago, duckhoa said:

LOL....could you imagine being TD.....no wonder he wants to move up every year.

I imagine we have all watched tape on a player and fallen in love with the domination/havoc we are seeing.  

Kinlaw is that for me....and this year we have the ammunition for it.....Thank you Patriots.....

I noticed TD down played Kinlaw and the interest at the Snr Bowl.Deep down he loves him like many teams will just think he’s realistic where the top tier of position talent will fall hence why he mentioned DBs and alot of mocks of seen have us taking that secondary talent early.

27 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

I'll call myself out. I was excited about Reddick. That's why I'm hesitant to get excited about Chaisson. 

Chaisson: 

6'4" 250 

Reddick: 

6'1" 240 

Reddick is shorter but they have very similar builds. The weight is a product of height. 

Chaisson:

Final college season- 34T 13.5 TFl 6.5 Sacks

Reddick:

Final college season- 45T 12.5 TFL 5 Sacks

Chaisson: 

"K'Lavon Chaisson is a dynamic threat off the edge — he possesses elite versatility, explosiveness and a prototypical build to play a hybrid EDGE." The Draft Network

Reddick:

"Reddick is an explosive athlete that can consistently win the edge when rushing the passer, and has the physicality to get off blockers at all three levels." PFF Player Comp: Jamie Collins

I'm not saying Chaisson will bust. Im saying he has a lot of risk. It's difficult to trust he's going to be a treat off the edge when that never really happened at LSU. Yes, he got hot at the end of the season. Yes, he has plays that make you go "Wow". But that isn't enough. We need a safer bet. If we take Chaisson, I'll hop on board and root for him to become the next Danielle Hunter. But I won't be shocked if he's just the next Reddick.

This is the thing how many of those 260 lb plus guys are of what you talk about outside of Chase Young.

Epenesa looks limited to me next level sure he’s stout at the POA but he’s not what I’d want at 16 if we are looking for a pass rusher.

YGM could be available later dependent on interview and has off field issues that need to be heard and soughted by teams.Outside of that your looking at a Weaver from Boise and that’s about it.Maybe Michigan or Utah kid in the 2nd of later but there all on and off the ball types aswell and are in the same weight and size range of Chaisson so where does that leave you if your looking to draft edge.

Kinlaws an outside shot at best potentially a top 10 pick.

Lucky there’s a few more DT possibilities that maybe good picks for us in the 2nd round.

8 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Part time seriously you haven’t watched him if your saying that.

He can play off and on the LoS he’s a chess piece.

Part time Over or Under fronts guy can be used in both that’s not part time that’s a player coaches have options with to use.

Why not just say you don’t trust the coaches to use this guy properly that’s the issue more so than the player because this guys got all the traits we are looking for.

He and Simmons are alot like in that they can be moved around and play well wherever you put them. Injuries are my only concern

9 hours ago, Charles Wright said:

If there's a run on qb's or whatever and we move up. Hands down Derrick Brown. Wishing here but wth

Javon Kinlaw

or

Derrick Brown

Just a pipe dream but Falcons won't get either. :(

Maybe sign Dante Fowler (yes I know I question it) and pray like heIl Brown is there at 16? Jesus H Christ!! Talk about a DL makeover that's much needed!!

Edited by AUTiger7222

There will be a defensive stud prospect @16 no matter what. Kinlaw is awesome but there are several awesome prospects this year. It is a VERY good class as far as I can tell. We don't need to trade up because we could find 3-4 starters and a couple of role players from this draft. This needs to be a defensive heavy draft.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Not my job to make you feel better, just wondered if you guys knew based on some of the silly posts being made. 

Do injuries concern you? Some players truly are more prone to injury and not just victims of bad luck. Personally I think he's worth the risk. Seems like a force multiplier guy to me.

58 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

This is the thing how many of those 260 lb plus guys are of what you talk about outside of Chase Young.

Epenesa looks limited to me next level sure he’s stout at the POA but he’s not what I’d want at 16 if we are looking for a pass rusher.

YGM could be available later dependent on interview and has off field issues that need to be heard and soughted by teams.Outside of that your looking at a Weaver from Boise and that’s about it.Maybe Michigan or Utah kid in the 2nd of later but there all on and off the ball types aswell and are in the same weight and size range of Chaisson so where does that leave you if your looking to draft edge.

Kinlaws an outside shot at best potentially a top 10 pick.

Lucky there’s a few more DT possibilities that maybe good picks for us in the 2nd round.

AJ or Kinlaw are my dudes. And I agree, AJ is limited. He's not a twitched up speed rush project who you can see covering TEs and putting up 15 sacks. He's not a chess piece. But we don't need a chess piece as bad as we need a guy who can beat an Olinemen' ***. And that's what AJ is limited to, beating tackles. Cam Jordan and Michael Bennett are limited in the same way. He has fantastic power, good hands, and good burst for his size. He's produced since the first time he took the field at Iowa. Every draft season, we fall in love with ceilings but Epenesa's floor is high af. 

I also agree that I'm not blown away by any of the other edge prospects in this class. Past the second round the position dries up and probably isn't worth using a pick on. DT is deeper.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Not my job to make you feel better, just wondered if you guys knew based on some of the silly posts being made. 

You can call it silly but there are real reasons to be suspect of Chaisson. Silly is trying to spin a season lost to injury as a positive. 

9 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Do injuries concern you? Some players truly are more prone to injury and not just victims of bad luck. Personally I think he's worth the risk. Seems like a force multiplier guy to me.

A little. But as we know, there’s usually something concerning about every draft prospect. 

I think he’s gonna be a special player for us. Has a very high ceiling.

13 hours ago, Artys Arryn said:

You can call it silly but there are real reasons to be suspect of Chaisson. Silly is trying to spin a season lost to injury as a positive. 

I wasn’t trying to spin anything. You clowns were throwing out lack of stats as if he was some 3 year player with no stats to show for it.  He lost a season due to an ACL tear and is coming out early.

19 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

@basscass what is it you don’t see or like with Chaisson ?

I see him as a perfect edge/SLBer type for a 4-3 under defense **** even as  a LEO if needs be.

Kids a leader in the locker room works at his craft,nose in the playbook a motor that doesn’t stop.High character guy.

Reminds me to much of Vick Beasley,  the only difference is the motor and that may be enough but is more of a project to me than a sure thing.  

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

I wasn’t trying to spin anything. You clowns were throwing out lack of stats as if he was some 3 year player. He lost a season due to an ACL tear and is coming out early.

Lmao the stats I posted were only his FINAL season where he played in all 13 games. Did you somehow miss that? Way to shoot for name calling btw, always a good indicator of a strong argument. 

13 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yes there is no real production as a passrusher for Chaisson.  It’s a “trust me he will develop as a passrusher” pick.   

Chaisson isn’t gonna be a hand in the dirt DE down in and down out kind of player.

Falcons cannot shrink the pocket from the outside with all the undersized and underpowered guys.   Falcons need guys that can thump from the outside.

The defense needs to be transformed.  You don’t transform this defense replacing Beasley with Chaisson.  I have no doubt Chaisson will be better than Beasley but that’s a tweak and we need more than this.   We need uckfing dudes on the defensive LOS.

Cosigned. You get one full time hand in the dirt Dlman and sign one, then you draft some dbs, and lbers. 

1 hour ago, Artys Arryn said:

Lmao the stats I posted were only his FINAL season where he played in all 13 games. Did you somehow miss that? Way to shoot for name calling btw, always a good indicator of a strong argument. 

And LOL back at you and your weak argument....Chaisson was a big part of LSU’s season. We’ll be fortunate if he’s there at 16.

4 hours ago, basscass said:

Reminds me to much of Vick Beasley,  the only difference is the motor and that may be enough but is more of a project to me than a sure thing.  

You need to have another look he’s got more pass rush wise than VB44 ever had and is better at the POA against the run.Also shows natural leadership skills something VB44 never had.

Hes a football player not an athlete.Big difference.

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

And LOL back at you and your weak argument....Chaisson was a big part of LSU’s season. We’ll be fortunate if he’s there at 16 - and we pass on him.

fixed. :D

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Still think Dex Lawrence is a bust? :D

@g-dawg liked Dex. He liked Oliver and Q more but never called Dex a bust. 

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

And LOL back at you and your weak argument....Chaisson was a big part of LSU’s season. We’ll be fortunate if he’s there at 16.

What exactly is weak about my argument again? He's an undersized twitched up rusher just like Haasan Riddick, Arden Key, Harold Landry, and many others. He's never had a dominant season either. Yes he got plenty of pressures this season but most of the time he was able to just pin his ears back and go because the opposing offense was down 3 TDs. If you want to be excited about him, go for it. But don't try to tell me I'm a clown or have a weak argument for being skeptical of him. 

You know what the bigger part of LSU's season was? Having the best secondary in college football and one of the most prolific offenses in NCAA history. 

37 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

@g-dawg liked Dex. He liked Oliver and Q more but never called Dex a bust. 

What exactly is weak about my argument again? He's an undersized twitched up rusher just like Haasan Riddick, Arden Key, Harold Landry, and many others. He's never had a dominant season either. Yes he got plenty of pressures this season but most of the time he was able to just pin his ears back and go because the opposing offense was down 3 TDs. If you want to be excited about him, go for it. But don't try to tell me I'm a clown or have a weak argument for being skeptical of him. 

You know what the bigger part of LSU's season was? Having the best secondary in college football and one of the most prolific offenses in NCAA history. 

No he didn’t. He and I went round and round on Lawrence, which is why I poke him every chance I get. 

Do you get anything right?

And Why compare Chaisson to the failures? That’s lazy and weak, you can do that with any player in draft. 
You can just as easily compare him favorably to Danielle Hunter and Melvin Ingram.

He ran all over UGA’s OT Thomas in SEC championship game. And destroyed OU in Peach Bowl.

https://www.kansascity-comiccon.com/lsu-lb-k-39-lavon-chaisson-vs-oklahoma-peach-bowl-vidSfrhKTfSAOoHd

You obviously have no clue what you’re talking about. Do your homework next time, you look plain silly posting nonsense which is just embarrassing yourself. Like I said, he was a big part of LSU’s defensive success. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_c267287c-34c0-11ea-8723-eb002f78304d.amp.html