Javon Kinlaw is a beast!

basscass

1 minute ago, duckhoa said:

My goodness.....Kinlaw moves like a DE. 

Just looking at some game tape on him, and it is shocking that a man over 300 pounds plays like that.  

Thanks OP for starting this thread.  

Kinlaw for the win!!!

Kinlaw is a total freak of nature. If he gets with the right coach, he has nutty upside. Just not sure this staff is that...or that he's even there at 16.

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

Kinlaw is a total freak of nature. If he gets with the right coach, he has nutty upside. Just not sure this staff is that...or that he's even there at 16.

This is the first player that I have watched tape on that I am willing to trade up for. 

Most of the DE's we have discussed are someone I would be ok to settle for at 16.  None of them impress me as much as Kinlaw.  

I have not found any bad tape on this guy.....and he is playing against big name schools.  

25 minutes ago, duckhoa said:

Just looking at some game tape on him, and it is shocking that a man over 300 pounds plays like that.  

Kinlaw for the win!!!

For me the biggest thing that stands out for me with Kinlaw is those long arms he can physically move you when he wants to but the big one is Gs can’t get into his chest to move him.

No doubt he’s a beast it wouldn’t surprise me if he went ahead of Derek Brown.

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

For me the biggest thing that stands out for me with Kinlaw is those long arms he can physically move you when he wants to but the big one is Gs can’t get into his chest to move him.

No doubt he’s a beast it wouldn’t surprise me if he went ahead of Derek Brown.

LOL....could you imagine being TD.....no wonder he wants to move up every year.

I imagine we have all watched tape on a player and fallen in love with the domination/havoc we are seeing.  

Kinlaw is that for me....and this year we have the ammunition for it.....Thank you Patriots.....

46 minutes ago, duckhoa said:

Kinlaw for the win!!!

I would really like to somehow get Kinlaw.   Not even gonna say the "trade-up" word but....

57 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I'm saying he's not stout at the POA  rushing the passer in a way almost no one his size not named Khalil Mack.

Interesting here’s an example at 3.20 that refutes that.

funnily enough that’s directly thee opposite in thee  reports are saying in the opposite of Chaisson in run defense.Its thee first thing I keyed in on was that and I couldn’t find too much that says he isn’t stout on an edge or at the POA.

13 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

You do realize that Michael Bennett is the definition of a versatile player. He has the ability to play multiple positions on the defensive line.

Yes but first and foremost he is a great DE, and he has capability to fill in at DT in some situations. Yall want another project olber who is good at many things and great at nothing. The history of those guys is a combination of Roflz and awful, Rawfulz. 

Maybe in the 3rd round I'll consider one. 

11 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Yes but first and foremost he is a great DE, and he has capability to fill in at DT in some situations. Yall want another project olber who is good at many things and great at nothing. The history of those guys is a combination of Roflz and awful, Rawfulz. 

Maybe in the 3rd round I'll consider one. 

Yet I'm sure you're drooling all over Simmons.

48 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Really Robert Mathis made a living at 245lbs playing strong side DE for the Colts.Size isn’t everything.

Robert Mathis is a pretty wild comp. Chaisson reminds me a lot more of Hasaan Riddick than Mathis. If there was more production maybe I'd feel different. Robert Mathis had 20 sacks his last year in college! 

21 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Robert Mathis is a pretty wild comp. Chaisson reminds me a lot more of Hasaan Riddick than Mathis. If there was more production maybe I'd feel different. Robert Mathis had 20 sacks his last year in college! 

I wasn’t comparing him to Mathis.

I was comparing weight and size and the position not the type of player they were.

36 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Yes there is no real production as a passrusher for Chaisson.  It’s a “trust me he will develop as a passrusher” pick.   

Chaisson isn’t gonna be a hand in the dirt DE down in and down out kind of player.

Falcons cannot shrink the pocket from the outside with all the undersized and underpowered guys.   Falcons need guys that can thump from the outside.

The defense needs to be transformed.  You don’t transform this defense replacing Beasley with Chaisson.  I have no doubt Chaisson will be better than Beasley but that’s a tweak and we need more than this.   We need uckfing dudes on the defensive LOS.

48 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

I remember how this board went goo-goo over Riddick, including some of peeps dissing chaisson in this thread. 

:ninja: No mentioning any names....

Bad comp. 

39 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I remember how this board went goo-goo over Riddick, including some of peeps dissing chaisson in this thread. 

:ninja: No mentioning any names....

Bad comp. 

I'll call myself out. I was excited about Reddick. That's why I'm hesitant to get excited about Chaisson. 

Chaisson: 

6'4" 250 

Reddick: 

6'1" 240 

Reddick is shorter but they have very similar builds. The weight is a product of height. 

Chaisson:

Final college season- 34T 13.5 TFl 6.5 Sacks

Reddick:

Final college season- 45T 12.5 TFL 5 Sacks

Chaisson: 

"K'Lavon Chaisson is a dynamic threat off the edge — he possesses elite versatility, explosiveness and a prototypical build to play a hybrid EDGE." The Draft Network

Reddick:

"Reddick is an explosive athlete that can consistently win the edge when rushing the passer, and has the physicality to get off blockers at all three levels." PFF Player Comp: Jamie Collins

I'm not saying Chaisson will bust. Im saying he has a lot of risk. It's difficult to trust he's going to be a treat off the edge when that never really happened at LSU. Yes, he got hot at the end of the season. Yes, he has plays that make you go "Wow". But that isn't enough. We need a safer bet. If we take Chaisson, I'll hop on board and root for him to become the next Danielle Hunter. But I won't be shocked if he's just the next Reddick.

2 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

I'll call myself out. I was excited about Reddick. That's why I'm hesitant to get excited about Chaisson. 

Chaisson: 

6'4" 250 

Reddick: 

6'1" 240 

Reddick is shorter but they have very similar builds. The weight is a product of height. 

Chaisson:

Final college season- 34T 13.5 TFl 6.5 Sacks

Reddick:

Final college season- 45T 12.5 TFL 5 Sacks

Chaisson: 

"K'Lavon Chaisson is a dynamic threat off the edge — he possesses elite versatility, explosiveness and a prototypical build to play a hybrid EDGE." The Draft Network

Reddick:

"Reddick is an explosive athlete that can consistently win the edge when rushing the passer, and has the physicality to get off blockers at all three levels." PFF Player Comp: Jamie Collins

I'm not saying Chaisson will bust. Im saying he has a lot of risk. It's difficult to trust he's going to be a treat off the edge when that never really happened at LSU. Yes, he got hot at the end of the season. Yes, he has plays that make you go "Wow". But that isn't enough. We need a safer bet. If we take Chaisson, I'll hop on board and root for him to become the next Danielle Hunter. But I won't be shocked if he's just the next Reddick.

Re: QB sacks

You guys do know Chaisson missed 2018 due to knee injury, yes?