Javon Kinlaw is a beast!

basscass

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

you don't understand that line of thinking?   really?   

he doesn't impress me.   you may not care about size but I do - especially when someone wasn't dominant in college.  Beasley had more bonafides than Chaisson.

These Beasley comparisons and comparisons to Epenesa, Kinlaw etc don't make sense to me. He's more like Jamie Collins than Beasley. More like Isaiah Simmons than Epenesa. I swear, if you don't like Chaisson there's no WAY you should like Simmons. Chaisson is better vs the run, at the POA, as a pass rusher, is barely worse in coverage, and his motor runs 10x hotter.

He's 6'4 250...a lil undersized at full time DE, but a massive LB, and fine as a nickel DE. 

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Part time seriously you haven’t watched him if your saying that.

He can play off and on the LoS he’s a chess piece.

Part time Over or Under fronts guy can be used in both that’s not part time that’s a player coaches have options with to use.

Why not just say you don’t trust the coaches to use this guy properly that’s the issue more so than the player because this guys got all the traits we are looking for.

What you are describing is a dpr part timer. No thanks I dont want a cross trained de that maybe pans out at slb maybe not. Want a full time de. 

17 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

What you are describing is a dpr part timer. No thanks I dont want a cross trained de that maybe pans out at slb maybe not. Want a full time de. 

In today's NFL, you need versatility more than ever. Offenses are smarter than ever at exploiting match-ups and using motion to create mismatches. You need guys that can play multiple positions: rush the passer, stop the run, and drop into coverage. It allows the defense to also disguise coverages and pressure packages.

It’s why I like guys like Simmons Kinlaw and Chaisson they have multiple tools in there toolbox they don’t rely one particular thing to win can play multiple spots.

Is Grady Jarrett a part time 3T or is he better playing both the 1 and 0 aswell what’s different in how Chaisson would be used in our defense is it because he can play on and off the LoS he’s hardly a part time anything.All it does is allows like many have mentioned ability to disguise certain things.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

you don't understand that line of thinking?   really?   

he doesn't impress me.   you may not care about size but I do - especially when someone wasn't dominant in college.  Beasley had more bonafides than Chaisson.

Ok you don’t like him fair enough but being the same size doesn’t make him the same same.

Dominant in college did you watch him down the stretch in LSUs championship run.Do you watch him how much leadership responsibilities he shoulders on the sidelines.

The idea your comparing him to Beasley is based on what?

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

These Beasley comparisons and comparisons to Epenesa, Kinlaw etc don't make sense to me. He's more like Jamie Collins than Beasley. More like Isaiah Simmons than Epenesa. I swear, if you don't like Chaisson there's no WAY you should like Simmons. Chaisson is better vs the run, at the POA, as a pass rusher, is barely worse in coverage, and his motor runs 10x hotter.

He's 6'4 250...a lil undersized at full time DE, but a massive LB, and fine as a nickel DE. 

I don't give two sheots about Beasley.....I want a different front 4 (outside of Grady) rushing the passer.   Not just diffferent names on the backs of the jerseys but different skill sets on how to get there with different body types.    I don't know how adaptable and flexible Dan Quinn is with his schemes on player body types, etc - what I do know is Falcons have been mostly soft and get manhandled at the POA - Vic Beasley, Tak McKinley(who likes to bullrush but cannot stay healthy doing so),  Bruce Irvin and the like.

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/gm-report/seahawks-nfl-draft-profile-klavon-chaisson

"While he’s displayed functional counters, including spin, swim, and rip moves, he struggles to consistently deploy them and often relies on his pure athleticism to beat blockers as a rusher. Once he’s locked up at the end of a speed rush and the tackle sets anchor against him, he will keep battling but hasn’t shown the consistent ability to get off of the block and properly utilize his pass rushing tool box.

From a technical standpoint, Chaisson is far more polished as a run defender and exhibits the mindset necessary to hold serve at the point of attack. But to play as a three-point defensive end in a 4-3 scheme at the next level, he will need to become friends with the weight room and add a bit more functional power to hold up in the trenches."

While there is a lot of good in Chaisson's scouting report and tape - I am sick to death of the part highlighted in red.    Chaisson has more than Beasley in run defense but I want a guy that can get home on the QB by more than speed rush.  Someone like Yetur Matos-Gross(YMG) has more ways to get home and is even better in TFL and making plays in run game.     Epenesa isn't the athlete of Chaisson or YMG but he brings more to passrush as well.

If Falcons take Chaisson - then so be it and I will get behind it but that pick will be 2nd guessed to eternity if we get a lot more of the same in passrush as all the other similar bodied players.

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Ok you don’t like him fair enough but being the same size doesn’t make him the same same.

Dominant in college did you watch him down the stretch in LSUs championship run.Do you watch him how much leadership responsibilities he shoulders on the sidelines.

The idea your comparing him to Beasley is based on what?

is based off his passrush plan.  see above.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

is based off his passrush plan.  see above.

So you get a report from the Hawks why not read the one I got how the Cowboys see him.

@Francis York Morgan posted a very good article going into more background of how good this guy could be about a week ago I’ve which I can’t find maybe he can.

Pass rush plan he has one go have a look at some of his games where he sets OTs up and uses a counter there’s plenty round of that.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

both had more productive passrushing seasons than chaisson.

Did you also read in 2018 how Chaisson came back from an ACL injury in 2018 which didn’t effect 2019.

Multiple roles on the ball off the ball in coverage sound tackler he can do a lot of things.I think more so than the mentioned.

22 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

In today's NFL, you need versatility more than ever. Offenses are smarter than ever at exploiting match-ups and using motion to create mismatches. You need guys that can play multiple positions: rush the passer, stop the run, and drop into coverage. It allows the defense to also disguise coverages and pressure packages.

Give one dominant Michael Bennett type over any versatile Bruce Irvin/Anthont Barr/Beasley types. I'll pass. 

1 hour ago, Jpg428gggg said:

So we are moving up for Isaiah Simmons :ninja:

Versatility is great but it's something the Falcons have prioritized to the detriment of the team. It's great to have a guy who can do a lot of different things but there is a reason the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none" is a thing. We need less "jacks" and more "masters" on this team. We need players that excel at doing their job. How many times have we complained that the coaches were dropping DEs in coverage or putting Kazee in the slot or cross training a OG to play C and OT? We need a pass rusher who just whoops the man across from him consistently. Javon Kinlaw and AJ Epenesa whoop the man across from them. 

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

So you get a report from the Hawks why not read the one I got how the Cowboys see him.

@Francis York Morgan posted a very good article going into more background of how good this guy could be about a week ago I’ve which I can’t find maybe he can.

Pass rush plan he has one go have a look at some of his games where he sets OTs up and uses a counter there’s plenty round of that.

it's as simple as this for me.    If I get to choose between YGM, Epenesa, maybe Kinlaw and Chaisson - I'm gonna look at all three of those guys before Chaisson - he is a "less than" to me as he carries more risk IMHO.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

it's as simple as this for me.    If I get to choose between YGM, Epenesa, maybe Kinlaw and Chaisson - I'm gonna look at all three of those guys before Chaisson - he is a "less than" to me as he carries more risk IMHO.

Don’t see the risk myself.

I think Epenesa is one dimensional.

I like Kinlaw though.

On my defensive front rushing the passer I want different body types with guys with multiple ways to get home.

Simmons and Chaisson to me are huge chess pieces for mine.I like both guys alot.The latter has and will move past Epenesa and YGM in the DEs stakes come draft time.

7 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Versatility is great but it's something the Falcons have prioritized to the detriment of the team. It's great to have a guy who can do a lot of different things but there is a reason the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none" is a thing. We need less "jacks" and more "masters" on this team. We need players that excel at doing their job. How many times have we complained that the coaches were dropping DEs in coverage or putting Kazee in the slot or cross training a OG to play C and OT? We need a pass rusher who just whoops the man across from him consistently. Javon Kinlaw and AJ Epenesa whoop the man across from them. 

That’s not on the players that’s on the coaches not using them or putting them in the best situations for the team to win.

11 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

That’s not on the players that’s on the coaches not using them or putting them in the best situations for the team to win.

I cannot believe the words coming out of your mouth right now.

I would be physically sick if we drafted Chaisson.

Do you enjoy watching Falcons getting bullied and QB eating a ham sandwich in the pocket?

Just now, g-dawg said:

Do you enjoy watching Falcons getting bullied and QB eating a ham sandwich in the pocket?

Bullied no what makes you think that if we drafted who you mentioning.

Whose to say Epenesa or YGM are going to be better pros than Chaisson.

Like I mentioned in the earlier post outside of Chase Young I’ll put money on Chaisson being the 2nd DE taken in the draft.Wouldnt even surprise me to see him taken inside of those top 12 picks.

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

This makes me think you haven't even watched the guy long...just took one look at his weight and said "nope."

Did you hate Josh Allen last year too?

8 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Bullied no what makes you think that if we drafted who you mentioning.

Whose to say Epenesa or YGM are going to be better pros than Chaisson.

Like I mentioned in the earlier post outside of Chase Young I’ll put money on Chaisson being the 2nd DE taken in the draft.Wouldnt even surprise me to see him taken inside of those top 12 picks.

I would take that bet