Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
basscass

Javon Kinlaw is a beast!

177 posts in this topic

Im no expert, but Kinlaw may be the best defensive player in this draft.  I would move up to get him.  Not seeing any love coming from boards just wondering why?  Love to hear thoughts on the subject.   Not impressed with Chassion.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I learned anything with Khalil Mack, it’s that the once in a generation defensive player that is perfect for our defense will be gone one pick before ours lol. I’m not even getting our hopes up that we get him. He would be a perfect versatile piece inside and out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude is a freak, but he's raw as helI. I trust Chaisson to develop more with Ulbrich (see him more as a SAM backer, think Jamie Collins but with leadership) and his drive to learn/master the playbook than Kinlaw with Simpson, especially if it takes a 2nd to move up. Would love him as the pick regardless though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Plenty of folk on these boards have mentioned Kinlaw. He's not some sleeper that you have discovered.

Never said I did.  If you dont have anything productive to say then shut your mouth.

Edited by basscass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, basscass said:

Never said I did.  If you dont have anything productive to say then shut your mouth.

When you  said, "you're not seeing in love on these boards", you did.  So there's that...

Edited by Boise Falcon Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“If God was going to make a defensive lineman, it’s this guy,” McShay said. “It took 48 hours for him to just show every NFL GM, every NFL head coach, ‘I’m the guy.’ Someone was smart enough, probably his agent, to say, ‘You did a good enough job, bud. You can leave the Senior Bowl.’ He was done in 48 hours and he made probably $12, $15 million.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone seen him going before pick 15? I know he might rise in rankings from now until april, but if he goes around there we have a better chance at him then we would young.  Even a trade up a pick or two could be warranted for him or Chaisson?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

@basscass what is it you don’t see or like with Chaisson ?

I see him as a perfect edge/SLBer type for a 4-3 under defense **** even as  a LEO if needs be.

Kids a leader in the locker room works at his craft,nose in the playbook a motor that doesn’t stop.High character guy.

kid is "more of the same" on what we have been drafting - a lighter edge rusher - about had my fill of those (Vic/Takk).

The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

@basscass what is it you don’t see or like with Chaisson ?

I see him as a perfect edge/SLBer type for a 4-3 under defense **** even as  a LEO if needs be.

Kids a leader in the locker room works at his craft,nose in the playbook a motor that doesn’t stop.High character guy.

That's the problem, he's part time. I am tired of part time DE's on this roster that can move to SLB or WLB or MLB. Just get me a full time DE who can play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

kid is "more of the same" on what we have been drafting - a lighter edge rusher - about had my fill of those (Vic/Takk).

The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

Just because he’s the same body type doesn’t make him the same player.

I don’t understand that thinking.

Go have a look at his run defense it’s the first thing I looked at before pass rush.

Hes not just a one dimensional pass rusher also this guy actually looks like he’s got a plan.

I don’t care about size I care more about the player this kid has all the traits to be very good.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

That's the problem, he's part time. I am tired of part time DE's on this roster that can move to SLB or WLB or MLB. Just get me a full time DE who can play. 

Part time seriously you haven’t watched him if your saying that.

He can play off and on the LoS he’s a chess piece.

Part time Over or Under fronts guy can be used in both that’s not part time that’s a player coaches have options with to use.

Why not just say you don’t trust the coaches to use this guy properly that’s the issue more so than the player because this guys got all the traits we are looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Just because he’s the same body type doesn’t make him the same player.

I don’t understand that thinking.

Go have a look at his run defense it’s the first thing I looked at before pass rush.

Hes not just a one dimensional pass rusher also this guy actually looks like he’s got a plan.

I don’t care about size I care more about the player this kid has all the traits to be very good.

you don't understand that line of thinking?   really?   

he doesn't impress me.   you may not care about size but I do - especially when someone wasn't dominant in college.  Beasley had more bonafides than Chaisson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0