Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons Fan MVP

what would we have to give up to get Chase Young?

15 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Yea we should stay put or even trade back to get more picks. We need depth and we need to rebuild our interior DL.

Exactly Chase Young is a monster but we can’t mortgage the draft for one guy  too many needs. DE DT CB RB OL 

On 2/7/2020 at 11:15 AM, Rings said:

Correct, but most here are so I stated that first.  The Chase Stuart chart has been adjusted every few years and is much closer to what happens on draft days, as I’ve followed it very closely and track it over the last six years. I run 8 TVs for the draft and one tracks trades and value.  Chase Stuart’s is much more accurate as it has been adjusted since the rookie wage scale changed.

Second, the trade for Dion Jordan was their first and second round pick, no clue what you are looking at.  That draft is also an anomaly because there were no QBs driving value in that class, the first QB to go was EJ Manuel at 16.  2013 is also considered one of, if not the, worst draft class this century.  So it will always be an anomaly when it comes to what happened that year.

The trade up for a QB is not higher, it doesn’t matter what they are trading up for.  What matters is if there are positions available that are extremely valuable.  There is a chance Burrow, Tua and Herbert all go top ten this year, a lot of people think top 6, which will drive a ton of value into the top five.  It doesn’t matter if you are trading for one of those guys, those teams can raise the price because those QBs are out there and other teams may want to move up for them.  #2 will be extremely expensive with a top tier edge, corner, really good DT and WR and 2 QBs still available.  Again, it’s not who you are trading to take, they don’t know and that doesn’t matter, it’s what’s still on the board that drives the value up.

As far as them knowing who you are taking?  QBs May be obvious, but listening to other retired GMs, former scouts, coaches...they don’t most of the time, and even if they to tell you, there is so much misdirection and deceit on draft day you can’t trust anyone anyways.

If we're using historical examples, we're probably not far off from the JJ trade. Maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more.https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cleveland-browns-atlanta-falcons-julio-jones-phil-taylor-trent-richardson-2011-draft-day-trade-090215

But that year the Browns got our second and fourth and then of course the 2012 first and fourth. 

It's an interesting topic when you're looking at a Redskins team with lots of holes, except on defensive line. They're pretty stacked there.

It’d be interesting to see if we could get number 2 overall for our 16 overall, 47 and 58 overall and a 2021 first or second rounder.

The reason I posit this idea is that the skins have zero second round picks. Here are their draft picks in 2020:

• Round 1: Washington
  • Round 2: None
  • Round 3: Washington
  • Round 4: Washington
  • Round 5: Washington
  • Round 6: None
  • Round 7: Washington, Denver

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-draft-washington-redskins-team-needs-draft-picks-prospects-to-track/

For a rebuilding team that needs a bunch of talent in every place but DL that's not a great number of draft picks.

Another alternative, could be send trufant. Corner is a need and he is the type of cb that rivera likes and maybe the two seconds or second and third. The skins have 48m in cap room.

Obviously, I have zero insight if we would even consider such a move, but truth is team needs and situation matter much more than a trade value chart. The chart ASSUMES a robust and competitive market exists for the second overall pick. That's its obvious flaw.

The skins also are a but over the barrel if they are using the draft to rebuild their roster. Only five picks. If they view this draft as prospect rich then they may want to accumulate a couple of second rounders, and possibly a veteran player like a Trufant.

Would I execute either scenario? That's tough. Depends on how you view Young and your existing roster. 

Julio jones trade but with much more. If youre getting chase young , youre basically throwing away 3 drafts like what happened to us 2012-2014. I love Julio and he has made this offense much better but im sit here and wonder sometimes what we could have done with the picks in that deal. Gotten and OL and defense most likely. We can say Julio is a one in a generational player and i agree he is, glad we him but i just think we could have helped Matt Ryan out so much. Its not like he didnt have receivers. H3ll he produced with Roddy, Mike Jenkins and Harry Douglas. 

44 minutes ago, caponine said:

Julio jones trade but with much more. If youre getting chase young , youre basically throwing away 3 drafts like what happened to us 2012-2014. I love Julio and he has made this offense much better but im sit here and wonder sometimes what we could have done with the picks in that deal. Gotten and OL and defense most likely. We can say Julio is a one in a generational player and i agree he is, glad we him but i just think we could have helped Matt Ryan out so much. Its not like he didnt have receivers. H3ll he produced with Roddy, Mike Jenkins and Harry Douglas. 

Considering how bad TD is at drafting anyone along the trenches those picks may have been wasted anyway.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 7:22 AM, MAD597 said:

Yea we should stay put or even trade back to get more picks. We need depth and we need to rebuild our interior DL.

If TD sucks so bad at drafting linemen, than why in the world do you want him to draft them? Seems to me, that if he sucks so bad, as you've said many times, then why shouldn't he draft another type of player that he is better at?

I said this before and gonna say it again:  Quinn and Dimitroff don't have two, three years to see if a draft haul helps the team.  They are in win now mode per ownership.  If Quinn and Dimitroff feel that Chase Young is a immediate player that can help them get to the playoffs, they will run it by Rich McKay who will run it by Arthur Blank.  That means that Young is on the table for the Falcons if they want to draft him...

Edited by Spts1

4 hours ago, Spts1 said:

I said this before and gonna say it again:  Quinn and Dimitroff don't have two, three years to see if a draft haul helps the team.  They are in win now mode per ownership.  If Quinn and Dimitroff feel that Chase Young is a immediate player that can help them get to the playoffs, they will run it by Rich McKay who will run it by Arthur Blank.  That means that Young is on the table for the Falcons if they want to draft him...

And Ron Rivera has at least 2-3 seasons to turn the Redskins around. Thomas Dimitroff said he wants a "game wrecker." Chase Young is probably the only game wrecker in the draft.

On 2/12/2020 at 11:58 AM, caponine said:

He doesn't win without Julio. Look it up. We can't seem to score either

2 minutes ago, izibit74 said:

He doesn't win without Julio. Look it up. We can't seem to score either

Theres nothing too look up , offense was good pre julio when this team was a running team. And Ryan play action off of the run. In the years Ryan tries to put this team on his shoulder this team fails. When we have a run game is when he is at his best. 

On 2/12/2020 at 0:43 PM, MAD597 said:

Considering how bad TD is at drafting anyone along the trenches those picks may have been wasted anyway.

Idk , i think at least a few of thise picks hit. There was so much talent between 2012 and 2014 but unfortunately didnt have any picks. 

Now what if we trade away 3 drafts and Chase Young flops?? Itll cost even more to go and get Young then it did Julio. Expectations would be very high. 

On 2/13/2020 at 9:17 AM, Boise Falcon Fan said:

If TD sucks so bad at drafting linemen, than why in the world do you want him to draft them? Seems to me, that if he sucks so bad, as you've said many times, then why shouldn't he draft another type of player that he is better at?

Yeah I ask the same question dude moans like a 2 year old thenwhen TD does draft LoS he’s still an idiot.

Im beginning to think old Mad is just that mad and keeps talking out the side of his mouth.

I bet if Lindstrom and McGarry do pan out the dial will just move.

On 2/12/2020 at 11:58 AM, caponine said:

Thomas Dimitroff would have probably drafted a bunch of mediocre linemen.

10 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yeah I ask the same question dude moans like a 2 year old thenwhen TD does draft LoS he’s still an idiot.

Im beginning to think old Mad is just that mad and keeps talking out the side of his mouth.

I bet if Lindstrom and McGarry do pan out the dial will just move.

Thomas Dimitroff has more NFL drafting experience now. I think he may have hit a home run with McGrary and Lindstrom. Hopefully he has better line scouts.

20 minutes ago, caponine said:

Idk , i think at least a few of thise picks hit. There was so much talent between 2012 and 2014 but unfortunately didnt have any picks. 

Now what if we trade away 3 drafts and Chase Young flops?? Itll cost even more to go and get Young then it did Julio. Expectations would be very high. 

Young seems like a much safer bet than the other potential pass rushers I see. You just got to hope he doesn't get injured. The one thing that may increase the chances of it happening is that DQ and TD are on probation basically. I doubt they do it though.