Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons Fan MVP

what would we have to give up to get Chase Young?

I know there is a very slim chance this happens but I wouldn't completely rule it out. But hypothetically what would the Falcons most likely have to give up to get Chase Young who will most likely be drafted by Washington? Possibly Hooper and 2-3 draft picks? Possibly Freeman and a few draft picks? Possibly a number one pick for the next 3-4 years? 

And is there anybody on here who thinks we should swing for the fences and try to get Chase Young?

Washington's pick 2 is worth 2600 points.

Our 1st round pick = 1000 points, pick 47 = 430 and pick 55 = 350 is only 1780 points.

Of course these are only approx numbers every team will value things differently but as it stands we would have to give up A LOT.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

5 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Washington's pick 2 is worth 2600 points.

Our 1st round pick = 1000 points, pick 47 = 430 and pick 55 = 350 is only 1780 points.

Of course these are only approx numbers every team will value things differently but as it stands we would have to give up A LOT.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Yep, that adds up about right if you add 2021 round 1 pick.

51 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

A couple of seasons being competitive. 

Truth

With the rate of injury I don’t know why anyone would move up big in the first round.  

NFL player on average have a 4.1% chance  each game of suffering an injury that will result in multiple games missed.  The average length of those injuries is nearly 4 games.  Trading up is too risky unless it’s for a QB

2 hours ago, Mescalito said:

I mean, look at what the Redskins had to give up years ago to move up like 5 spots or something to get RGIII...

But if you look at what the saints gave for Davenport...they gave up 2 first and a 5th.

They went up 13 slots

And in this hypothetical we would be going up 14 spots.

And we are not going after a QB...which drives up the price.

I am not sure that it would happen but I think it could be done for cheaper than people think.

3 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I know there is a very slim chance this happens but I wouldn't completely rule it out. But hypothetically what would the Falcons most likely have to give up to get Chase Young who will most likely be drafted by Washington? Possibly Hooper and 2-3 draft picks? Possibly Freeman and a few draft picks? Possibly a number one pick for the next 3-4 years? 

And is there anybody on here who thinks we should swing for the fences and try to get Chase Young?

No, just no.  If we were a 1-7 team and in the Chase Young sweepstakes, end up 7-9 AND give up all of whatever amount of picks, I'm not exactly sure the level of pisstivity I'd be at.

11 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

16, 2nd, 3rd, 2020 first MIGHT get it done.

no way would I do that in our current position.

More like our #16, both 2nds 2020, 1st in '21, '22, and maybe a 3rd in '21.

30 minutes ago, RHEC said:

More like our #16, both 2nds 2020, 1st in '21, '22, and maybe a 3rd in '21.

Not per chart values. But they are only a guide...generally unless it’s for a QB things don’t go too far past chart though.

regardless, even what I posted is too much...so your theory only solidifies that it would be dumb.

i would sooner give pick(s) to Jax for YN and pay him handsomely. If you even trade 16 to Jax for him, hit on a DT and DB in round 2, this defense is hugely improved.