Falcons Fan MVP

what would we have to give up to get Chase Young?

114 posts in this topic

On 2/12/2020 at 3:25 PM, Spts1 said:

I said this before and gonna say it again:  Quinn and Dimitroff don't have two, three years to see if a draft haul helps the team.  They are in win now mode per ownership.  If Quinn and Dimitroff feel that Chase Young is a immediate player that can help them get to the playoffs, they will run it by Rich McKay who will run it by Arthur Blank.  That means that Young is on the table for the Falcons if they want to draft him...

And What  if he gets hurt like Lindstrom, Jonah Williams, Savage etc....

12 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Young seems like a much safer bet than the other potential pass rushers I see. You just got to hope he doesn't get injured. The one thing that may increase the chances of it happening is that DQ and TD are on probation basically. I doubt they do it though.

He doesnt get injured or flops , the draft picks youre giving up. He would have to be a difference maker week 1 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

On 2/12/2020 at 7:22 PM, RING OF HONOR said:

So the 16th and both 2nd's gets us to 5th...(theoretically)

That's actually less than I thought....I still wouldn't do it though...but it is interesting 

That’s when you realize 900 points is the difference between 5th & 2nd.  So it’s next year’s 1st as well

15 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

That’s when you realize 900 points is the difference between 5th & 2nd.  So it’s next year’s 1st as well

And next years 2nd and 3rd. We would have to give up a great deal to do that. More than the julio trade 

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

Doesnt matter because he is a rook and could potentially get hurt. Throwing the farm at one player is not a good decision. Yall had the same fetish with Clowney. 

I mean, anyone on the roster could get hurt. Ryan could get hurt. Julio, etc.  Julio could have got hurt his rookie season. I don't care either way.  My point is Quinn and Dimitroff are in win now mode so it wouldn't surprise me if they put their chips on one player...

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

13 hours ago, Rings said:

Should be the move short term too.  People think that trading up is a win now move, but that is the opposite of what has happened since TD has been here.  We have traded up four times in the first under TD and we had the same or worse record each time we traded up.

2011: 13-3 to 10-6 (Julio)
2013: 13-3 to 4–2 (Tru)
2017: 11-5 to 10-6 (Takk)
2019: 7-9 to 7-9 (McGary)

Seasons trading up: 31-33 (48%)
Seasons staying put: 78-50 (61%)

It’s almost as if we have never been one player away and depth matters. 

I said this in another thread, but it is applicable here as well, we aren’t one player away.  In fact you could make an argument that we have more holes now than we did any of those four years we traded up.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

7 hours ago, Spts1 said:

I mean, anyone on the roster could get hurt. Ryan could get hurt. Julio, etc.  Julio could have got hurt his rookie season. I don't care either way.  My point is Quinn and Dimitroff are in win now mode so it wouldn't surprise me if they put their chips on one player...

Rookies more liable to get hurt than vets. He could also bust. 

4 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Rookies more liable to get hurt than vets. 

You just got to win this conversation.  Even if what you saying don't make any sense...:lol:

Nobody should make a first round draft pick with that kind of logic...:lol:

Edited by Spts1
Osiruz likes this

50 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

You just got to win this conversation.  Even if what you saying don't make any sense...:lol:

Nobody should make a first round draft pick with that kind of logic...:lol:

Almost all our recent rookies missed PT, all 3 of of our firsts last 2 years missed PT. Not to mention he could bust or have an underwhelming Rookie season. This is why no one goes all on on a rookie. Remember Quentin Williams? He had a horrible rookie year. 

On 2/6/2020 at 9:35 PM, Run 'n' Shoot said:

Post Superbowl, I would've been all for this. Unfortunately, a few years later, we have way too many holes in the roster to address.

He would look great in a Falcons uniform though.

I predict we'll get him in 2030 on his last leg and probably over pay for him then.. Its the Falcons way