Falcons Fan MVP

what would we have to give up to get Chase Young?

114 posts in this topic

If you were going to do it I’d throw in players to lessen the blow.

Trufant Neal Allen Kazee are 4 I’d start with and then have a look at a picks package to beef it up.

KCFalcon22 likes this

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

If you were going to do it I’d throw in players to lessen the blow.

Trufant Neal Allen Kazee are 4 I’d start with and then have a look at a picks package to beef it up.

So we're playing with Bobby Boucher in the secondary then or what? :lol:

42 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

So we're playing with Bobby Boucher in the secondary then or what? :lol:

Obviously lol I wouldn’t bother if we weren’t doing it with players though picks are 2 valuable.

Francis York Morgan likes this

On 2/7/2020 at 9:31 PM, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Sounds about right for falcons fans. Theres a generational pass rusher that we could trade up for, we have strugglednwith getting to the QB for most of the past decade, and you guys want to stand pat and pick players that have a 50/50 chance of being decent in a year or two. Imagine having a 21 year old von miller on this team. Imagine we got nick bosa last year. We need to either get Fowler, Chase, or Uche this offseason. Sick and tired of having only 1 pass rusher(grady), and havent had a back to back double digit sacker since JA55. We must go for a home run to fix sonething thats been a problem for a looooooong time. 

My fault, didn’t realize we were in the Madden forum.

Rings likes this

I would say #16  both 2nd's this year  our 1st next year  our 2nd next year   and Trey Young to the wizards lol  They will want a young for a young it's almost a guarantee

On 2/8/2020 at 1:26 AM, Knight of God said:

What do you get if you do move up and who do you get with what you have left over?

I know, right.

And what happens if he suffers a serious injury?  You don’t mortgage your future on any player.  Especially a rookie.  And most certainly not for a non-QB.  He didn’t lead the Buckeye’s past Clemson.  He certainly would not lead them past LSU. Football is  the ultimate team sport.  

11 Schweitzer’s beat 9 Lawrence Taylor’s every single time...at least I think they would.  LT was crazy so who knows

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I know, right.

And what happens if he suffers a serious injury?  You don’t mortgage your future on any player.  Especially a rookie.  And most certainly not for a non-QB.  He didn’t lead the Buckeye’s past Clemson.  He certainly would not lead them past LSU. Football is  the ultimate team sport.  

11 Schweitzer’s beat 9 Lawrence Taylor’s every single time...at least I think they would.  LT was crazy so who knows

I wouldn’t put money on that last part. Lol

On 2/6/2020 at 9:15 PM, Mescalito said:

I mean, look at what the Redskins had to give up years ago to move up like 5 spots or something to get RGIII...

more recent comp would be the Bears to get Trubisky

37 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I wouldn’t put money on that last part. Lol

The LT comparison is a bit crazy, but I think that there's something to be said for median salary.  It seems to me that teams that are consistently in the playoffs generally have higher median salaries.  I don't have the numbers to back that up at this point, but in the rudimentary examinations that I've done, there seems to be a significant correlation.

7 minutes ago, robertap said:

The LT comparison is a bit crazy, but I think that there's something to be said for median salary.  It seems to me that teams that are consistently in the playoffs generally have higher median salaries.  I don't have the numbers to back that up at this point, but in the rudimentary examinations that I've done, there seems to be a significant correlation.

I may have looked at it wrong. I was seeing 11 jags vs 9 superstars

5 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I may have looked at it wrong. I was seeing 11 jags vs 9 superstars

Nope, you saw it right.  As I said, that was a bit crazy.

Knight of God likes this

On 2/7/2020 at 9:24 PM, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Chase young would do anything but bust. Hes the next generational DE. Think Von Miller and Nick Bosa. 

On 2/7/2020 at 9:31 PM, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Sounds about right for falcons fans. Theres a generational pass rusher that we could trade up for, we have strugglednwith getting to the QB for most of the past decade, and you guys want to stand pat and pick players that have a 50/50 chance of being decent in a year or two. Imagine having a 21 year old von miller on this team. Imagine we got nick bosa last year. We need to either get Fowler, Chase, or Uche this offseason. Sick and tired of having only 1 pass rusher(grady), and havent had a back to back double digit sacker since JA55. We must go for a home run to fix sonething thats been a problem for a looooooong time. 

You know “generational” means once in a generation, yet you just compared him to a guy literally drafted last year. 

kschreck and falconsd56 like this

14 hours ago, Rings said:

You know “generational” means once in a generation, yet you just compared him to a guy literally drafted last year. 

Generational talent doesnt mean there can ONLY be ONE player in that catwgory. Since 2010, id put about 4 Edge rushers in that group: Mack, Von, Nick Bosa, Myles Garrett. Thats not every year. These are players that check most boxes at an elite level. 

On 2/9/2020 at 10:45 PM, kschreck said:

My fault, didn’t realize we were in the Madden forum.

Awwe lil guy, didnt realize i asked your opinion. Madden is trash, and so is this front offices ability of finiding pass rushers in the draft. 

On 2/10/2020 at 1:52 AM, mtldirtybird said:

more recent comp would be the Bears to get Trubisky

What'd they give up?  I guess i could look it up..

Any other year i would say do whatever it takes but we need that 2021 first in case we’re in position for Lawrence or Fields

The Hail Mary single Edge rusher to bring us a consistent pass rush is NOT going to happen here.

This is the team where Edge Rushers go to die, TD can't scout them or build a proper DL to allow Edge rushers to flourish here. The coaches can't coach them up and the scheme drowns them out.

We are currently the worst team possible to hope that the skills of a single person pass rushing will make a dramatic difference on our team. The Scheme and the interior DL needs to be revamp before a single Edge rusher will do well here.

If you want to see a sure thing Edge Rusher bust this is the team to put them on.