Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.11

Week 15, 2019: Shanny Bowl I

This is the game that Kyle infamously called "the [Falcons] Super Bowl" in the days leading up to the game. After rewatching the highlights (BTW it has over 2 million views now which is shocking for a Falcons' game regardless of opponent), I realized that this game played out eerily similar to Super Bowl LIV.

Week 15

The 49ers scored the first points.

The game was 10-10 at the half

The 49ers went up 13-10 in the third quarter.

The 49ers go up 20-10 in the fourth quarter.

Falcons outscore 49ers 19-2 in the fourth quarter (for a total of 21 points) after the 49ers last TD to win the game.

Super Bowl LIV (literally copied and pasted the Week 15 stuff except for last line).

The 49ers scored the first points.

The game was 10-10 at the half

The 49ers went up 13-10 in the third quarter.

The 49ers go up 20-10 in the fourth quarter.

Chiefs score 21 unanswered points to win the game.

This team really can be good. We need to cut out the complacency. Off-season will say it all. I'm feeling a lot better than I was last off-season, I'll say that much. But if we blow FA and splurge in the draft instead of trying to build this team it's gonna be the same ol Falcons

The full condensed game is on YT by the way...here's part 1. Fun watch

3 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

This team really can be good. We need to cut out the complacency. Off-season will say it all. I'm feeling a lot better than I was last off-season, I'll say that much. But if we blow FA and splurge in the draft instead of trying to build this team it's gonna be the same ol Falcons

Hopefully letting Beasley walk will be a step in the right direction as he was guilty of being complacent at times.

6 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

A few things.

1.Discipline cost this team games they give away some huge penalties.

2.When behind in down and distance Koetters offense is exposed really exposed.

3.Why they waited till the 4th qtr to move Julio into the slot is moron 101 as soon as they did it opened up opportunity.

4.The offense splutters along the run game against that defense is borderline hopeless this must be remedied.Bubble screens aren’t going to do it.The middle screen to Hooper works.

Ryan a lot of the time didn’t look in very good rhythm.Play action non existent hooked into thee above not being able to run the ball.

It’s the same once you limit there run and Garoppolo sees pressure coming his clock speeds up and he makes mistakes.

I thought our defense defended there misdirection and edge quite well this game the side to side speed of Debo is present to see.Devondre Campbell played very well I thought had a tough assignment on Kittle but did the best he could.

I think having Neal back in the box stops a lot of these runs aswell as sending a message.I’d like to see Neal light Kittle up a few times that’s what this defense is missing someone who shows some mongrel and hits people. 

Don’t know what to make of the 2 Jones penalties.

I thought the first one was worse than the second but they let it go.

Julios being held for at least 10 yards and there saying this had zero effect on him catching the ball.I laughed at that.

The second one I thought they should have let it go.Thought the first was way worse.Ward was just competing at the pass point and while there was contact nothing was blatant as being held for 10-15 yards going down the field.

NFL officiating hard to work out sometimes.