Draft Scenarios Game

Below, I will have scenarios of player's selected by us in rounds 1-3, along with a key FA for each scenario that will take up a large majority of our cap space. I 

NOTE: Draft trades are based on trade values from previous 4 or 5 drafts.

a) FA: Austin Hooper TE

1) K'Lavon Chaisson EDGE/SLB LSU

2) Zack Moss RB Utah

2) AJ Terrell CB Clemson

3) Neville Gallimore DT Oklahoma

Remaining Picks: 4, 5, and 7

b ) FA: Dante Fowler Jr. DE

1) Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina(traded 3rd to move up a 1-5 picks)

2) AJ Terrell Clemson

2) Malik Harrison LB OSU

3) N/A

c) FA: Austin Hooper TE

1) Trevon Diggs CB Alabama

2) Josh Uche EDGE/SLB Michigan

2) Malik Harrison LB OSU

3) Cam Akers RB FSU

d) FA: Dante Fowler Jr. DE

1) D'Andre Swift RB Georgia(traded back a few picks, and pick up a 3rd)

2) Patrick Queen LB LSU

2) Cole Kmet TE Notre Dame

3) Bryce Hall CB Virginia

e) FA: Austin Hooper TE

1) AJ Epenesa DE Iowa

1) Kristian Fulton CB LSU(trade our highest 2nd, 3rd, and 2021 4th to move back into 1st)

2) Patrcik Queen LB LSU

3) NA

f) Dante Fowler Jr. DE

1) Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma

1) Kristian Fulton CB LSU(trade our highest 2nd, 3rd, and 2021 4th to move back into 1st)

2) Ross Blacklock DT TCU

3) N/A

g) FA: Austin Hooper TE

1) Terrell Lewis DE Alabama(trade back to end of 1st, and pick up a 2nd)

2) Zack Moss RB Utah

2) AJ Terrell CB Clemson

2) Ross Blacklock DT TCU

3) Thaddeus Moss TE LSU

h) FA: Dante Fowler Jr.

1) Jeff Okudah CB OSU(trade a 2nd and 3rd to move up in the 7-9 range)

2) Malik Harrisom LB OSU

3) N/A

i) FA: Austin Hooper TE

1) Chase Young DE OSU(trade both 2nds, and our 2021 1st for the 2nd pick)

3) Bryce Hall CB Virginia

j) FA: Austin Hooper TE

1) Jeff Okudah CB OSU(trade a 2nd and 3rd to move up in the 7-9 range)

2) Josh Uche DE/SLB Michigan

3) N/A

So, let me know which scenario you guys would like the most. I thought it would be a fun game to see about 10 options for how we can attack the draft, and see what direcrion each person would go. I limited the FA acquisition to Fowler or Hooper, as those are 2 guys that wiuld take up a majority of the cap, and are the 2 most realistic BIG contracts we could give out this offseason. 

Edited by LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

from strictly the FA point of view, of the choices you put up there, keeping hooper is the only real choice. You could have researched and added a few different choices with one of the FA guards who's names have been kicked around and drawn a little more interest maybe

I'm not really interested in Fowler

44 minutes ago, papachaz said:

from strictly the FA point of view, of the choices you put up there, keeping hooper is the only real choice. You could have researched and added a few different choices with one of the FA guards who's names have been kicked around and drawn a little more interest maybe

Fowler or Hooper are the two most likely FA's IMO, in terms of BIG ckntracta. I almist nade a couple scenarios with Joe Thuney, but I highly doubt we soend i figures on a guard. I could see us spend 8 figures on Brandon Scherff though, and I'd back that contract 100%. Then with a scenario like:

FA: Brandon Scherff OG

2) Josh Uche EDGE/SAM Michigan

2) AJ Terrell CB Clemson

Then we'd have a starting dedensive lineup of :

DE- Takk

DT- Grady

DT- Davidson or Gallimore

DE- Uche

LB- DeBo

LB- Murray

LB- Oluokun

CB- Trufant

FS- Rico

SS- KeKe

CB' Terrell

With Scherff, we'd have a starting OL of:

OT- Jake

OG- Scherff

C- Mack

OG- Lindstrom

OT- McGary

All 1st round picks, and all but 1 is either in their prime, or hasn't reached their prime yet. 

I like this Scherff option a lot, but dont see the Redskins let Brandon even think about signing with another team. 

12 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

My fear as well.  He's a stud.

I saw multiple mocks that are new with him in the 3rd. Hence, why i have him there. I also like Marlon Davidson as a versatile DK that can flourish on the inside, or outside as a stout run defender. Has some potential as a pure power pass rusher. 

56 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I was so butthurt we didnt get Fowler in 15. Didnt like beasley. He comes to us, is utilized best wuth DQ, probably doesnt get inured, and orobably a pro bowler by now. Still only 25. Could be the John Abraham acquisition if the TD era. I think he would flourish with better KB's in fiverage than the rams, still maintain a dominant DT to play with, and arguably a better secondary on paper prior to the Ramsey acquisition, and still could have them beat in the secondary. You could argue we have a more talented edge rusher to play opposite him(takk), althiugh Takk smahsnt beenbyhe same since missing a few games after his red hot start t0 2018. Fowler had 15 sacks last year(8 solo, and 7 split)  hus sack nunbers would be hugher, but a lot of husbsplit sacks were wuth donald. He was still getting to the QB as quick as Donald, which is very impressive considering he had to travel from a farther distance. Look up the youtube video called something like "all rams sacks of 2019". He is beating his guy A LOT, and getting very close on a lot of the sacks that he didnt get credit for. Thats not even including the plays where he hit the QB, or where he got pressure, but the QB got the pass off just in time. Like i said above, he would be the JA55 signing of the TD era. Doesnt havevthe track record JA had prior to coming here, but could be the teams best pass rusher for 5 or more years and pair him with Takk. 

Ladies and gentlebirds we goin corner in the 1st. Dimitroff is always a man of his word and we always want a pass rusher pass rusher pass rusher. Well he drafted cominsky last year and I think they are big with him especially after all his corner talk. I think we trade up with one of our seconds.

4 hours ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Fowler or Hooper are the two most likely FA's IMO, in terms of BIG ckntracta. I almist nade a couple scenarios with Joe Thuney, but I highly doubt we soend i figures on a guard. I could see us spend 8 figures on Brandon Scherff though, and I'd back that contract 100%. Then with a scenario like:

2) AJ Terrell CB Clemson

DE- Takk

DT- Grady

DE- Uche

LB- DeBo

LB- Murray

LB- Oluokun

CB- Trufant

FS- Rico

SS- KeKe

CB' Terrell

OT- Jake

OG- Scherff

C- Mack

OG- Lindstrom

OT- McGary

All 1st round picks, and all but 1 is either in their prime, or hasn't reached their prime yet. 

I like this Scherff option a lot, but dont see the Redskins let Brandon even think about signing with another team. 

i am in the group that's wishing for Scherff. On another note, that newbie that was being all grammar nazi on Kiwi would lose his mind if he tried to read your post. Talk to text is the devil, LOL

4 hours ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

2) AJ Terrell CB Clemson

DE- Takk

DT- Grady

DE- Uche

LB- DeBo

LB- Murray

LB- Oluokun

CB- Trufant

FS- Rico

SS- KeKe

CB' Terrell

OT- Jake

OG- Scherff

C- Mack

OG- Lindstrom

OT- McGary

I'd rather have Thuney than Scherff. Thuney hasn't missed a game in his career....