Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryantlanta

Anyone else feel like Hooper is gone?

40 posts in this topic

I don’t think the team can justify paying top money to a TE with so many holes on the defensive side of the ball. What do you all think?

Just now, Dr Long Shot said:

For sure feels like we will probably let him walk. 

Definitely. Seems like Graham and a rookie TE would be good enough just seems like a better plan then overpaying for an above average tight end because let’s be honest he’s not on the Kittle/Kelce level. :tiphat:

4 minutes ago, ryantlanta said:

Definitely. Seems like Graham and a rookie TE would be good enough just seems like a better plan then overpaying for an above average tight end because let’s be honest he’s not on the Kittle/Kelce level. :tiphat:

I like Hoop a lot, but we are strapped for cash. At the end of the day, I think relying on defense will be a more consistent path to the playoffs and hopefully the eventual championship than continuing to load up on the offensive side of the ball. 

FuhRealDoh and ryantlanta like this

10 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I like Hoop a lot, but we are strapped for cash. At the end of the day, I think relying on defense will be a more consistent path to the playoffs and hopefully the eventual championship than continuing to load up on the offensive side of the ball. 

Yea definitely need the defense fixed the offense always produces year after year.

17 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

How many more Hooper threads will there be before the franchise deadline

This need to be asked in the “Predict the Future” sub-forum. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

How many more Hooper threads will there be before the franchise deadline

If it’s under 10 million, I’m good with it. I guess that works for his salary and the number of threads. 

1989Fan likes this

Yep, the way Blank and the front office are talking they are going to let him walk.

Dumb decision, pay Vic and Freeman stupid contracts for doing nothing but let a 25 year old top 5 TE walk.

dumb*** front office is the reason our team sucks

vitaman and FalconJim like this

3 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Yep, the way Blank and the front office are talking they are going to let him walk.

Dumb decision, pay Vic and Freeman stupid contracts for doing nothing but let a 25 year old top 5 TE walk.

dumb*** front office is the reason our team sucks

I like Hooper and am all for keeping him. That said...

Free was coming off an all-pro season when he got paid. he deserved it as much as Hooper does.

Vic didn’t get anything beyond his rookie contract. His 5th year team option was part of the rookie deal. We aren’t considering a new contract for him.

Vandy, athell and Boise Falcon Fan like this

2 minutes ago, athell said:

If it's Hoop or beef up the defense?

I'm picking beef up the defense and draft Hoop's replacement...

As long as we make better decisions than when we beefed up the OL in free agency.  That’s my biggest worry when looking at getting rid of a proven assets to bid high on other teams cast offs 

athell and FalconJim like this

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

As long as we make better decisions than when we beefed up the OL in free agency.  That’s my biggest worry when looking at getting rid of a proven assets to bid high on other teams cast offs 

Yea that is always the fear...letting talent walk and not being able to back fill.  His money *could* be used wisely on defense but that's up to TD and co. to bring in the right talent via fa or draft.

1989Fan likes this

1 minute ago, athell said:

Yea that is always the fear...letting talent walk and not being able to back fill.  His money *could* be used wisely on defense but that's up to TD and co. to bring in the right talent via fa or draft.

If we can get returns like GB did with the Smith boys, go for it. Big fan of Hooper, but this team NEEDS to find a performer at DE That can contribute this year.

FalconJim and athell like this

3 hours ago, ryantlanta said:

I don’t think the team can justify paying top money to a TE with so many holes on the defensive side of the ball. What do you all think?

I think TD has always favored offense at the expense of the defense.

And I don’t see that changing.

Would you guys consider Hooper a top 5 TE in the league?

This SB had Kelce and Kittle, probably two of the top 3 TE's in the NFL.

Last SB? Ertz and Gronk. 

Just sayin'. you need a top TE to compete at the highest level.

Falconcheff likes this

I like Hoop a lot but we have so much $$$ invested in the offense already I don’t think they go north of 10 mil with him. I like the Hunter Henry rumor that’s floating around. Henry, Graham and inexpensive vet and draft a practice squad TE with a late round pick. Also number of a vet on speed dial when Henry gets hurt. 

ryantlanta likes this

Just now, Lowndesfalc said:

I like Hoop a lot but we have so much $$$ invested in the offense already I don’t think they go north of 10 mil with him. I like the Hunter Henry rumor that’s floating around. Henry, Graham and inexpensive vet and draft a practice squad TE with a late round pick. Also number of a vet on speed dial when Henry gets hurt. 

What's the HH rumor?

1 minute ago, Lowndesfalc said:

That there is mutual interest between Henry and the Falcons. 

I hadn't heard that one, hmmm.  Henry seems like he can never stay healthy but when he is he is one of the better te's in the league.  Feels like HH would warrant a decent contract himself, and at that point I'd probably rather just pay the home town boy.  Interesting though, thanks!

Would Henry be much less than Hooper? For minimal savings not sure I would want to replace Hooper w similar talent that has an injury history and isn’t familiar w the scheme.

Falconcheff and FalconJim like this