Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cole World

Do you think Takk can notch 10 sacks in 2020? Chuck Smith does

On 2/5/2020 at 1:07 PM, AUTiger7222 said:

I am so freaking sick of Chuck Smith!! Dude just STFU!!! Name 1 player that Chuck Smith has made good in the NFL? Takk is a freaking bum and sooner or later the folks here will realize that. Dude is all bark and no bite.

Von Miller, Aaron Donald, Dee Ford, Derrick Morgan, Bud Dupree, Robert Mathis, Michael Strahan

(Been drinking...)

Not no,  but he// no.  To me he is a bigger bust than Vic EVER will be.  I honestly would've liked to have kept Vic over TALK (which is ALL he's ever been). He's on yet ANOTHER  shoulder surgery and hasn't proved anything to me.  

All bark,  no bite...

I think asking if a DE can get to 10 sacks in a year is a bit strange.  I want my DE to be an all-around menace in the passing and run game.  Ten sacks in a year is less than 1 per game and often times when there are high sack totals is because they went against a subpar line.  As far as I know, I don't believe people put as much emphasis in say a CB making X amount of INT's(even with TRU), we typically want to see solid coverage and an ability to want to make a tackle.  I believe a DE's ability to diagnose a play, set the edge, not over pursue, recognize screens, etc are more important than just getting X amount of sacks.  

1 hour ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

(Been drinking...)

Not no,  but he// no.  To me he is a bigger bust than Vic EVER will be.  I honestly would've liked to have kept Vic over TALK (which is ALL he's ever been). He's on yet ANOTHER  shoulder surgery and hasn't proved anything to me.  

All bark,  no bite...

Exactly what I keep saying about him!! I have no idea how Vic got more hate than Takk and why people actually think Takk is good.

Edited by AUTiger7222

Sure he can but I wouldn’t bet on it, he can’t seem to stay healthy and didn’t look good this season.  I didn’t even see the effort or dog in him that I have in the past.  

As much as people on here have dogged Beasley... Vic > Takk.  

Heck will Takk be with the Falcons in the 2020 season. He is not even listed on the roster that I can see. I just keep getting a sick feeling that he will be gone with all the wishful thinking of the great sack stars of Falcons past. I refuse to hitch my wagon with a player that can flap that trap. Then on game day just disappear into a blow hole of hot air.

19 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I love Chuck Smith, and I wish our guys would work with him.

Having said that, he is the master of self-promotion.  This is a commercial -- "Takk, you should hire Chuck."

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

Chuck's trying to drum up business. I don't blame him, but I swear I see this almost every off-season with whatever young DE we are trying to develop.

crummy-commercial.gif

On 2/5/2020 at 11:59 AM, vel said:

Vic gets his a** beat into 4-6 sacks a year. I think Takk can do that if he stays healthy and develops more moves. Again, he's had double digit hits every year. He's close. Tighter coverage turns those hits into sacks. 

Takk’s issue has always been his bum shoulder. Anyone who’s ever played DE knows how much that injury restricts your mobility. 

If he gets that set right, he would be a huge upgrade over Beasley at LEO.

On 2/5/2020 at 2:24 PM, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm just tired of all the talk. Talk is cheap. Beasley was nothing but talk that never produced and now we've got to listen to it about Takk. Enough is enough. Put up or shut up!!

Sounds to me somebody had a bad day. 

On 2/5/2020 at 4:17 PM, falconidae said:

Distinctly remember Chuck Smith saying that Jamal Anderson was going to be a good defensive end.

Think Chuck is ... Optimistic when he talks about pass-rushers on a local radio show.

It’s called marketing. :ninja:

Takk is fine, his bull rush is great but he needs to complement it with a few moves. He is also a decent run defender, obviously last year was a bad year with his shoulder being hurt. Put him back at DE full time and let's see what he can do.