Do you think Takk can notch 10 sacks in 2020? Chuck Smith does

Cole World

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.  Fact is, the guy hasn't produced at a high level yet, so I am going with the probability that he's not going to live up to the 1st round spot that he was taken at. His health always seems to be an issue, and I just don't think he is ever going to be what we all hoped he'd be.

48 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Its possible.

Takk kinda reminds me of a Brandon Graham type player in terms of his ability to colapse the pocket and get pressure and hits but dont get a high number of sacks. He need to turn those hits into sacks though. 

Brandon Graham was good against the run. Takk ain't. Got better over the year but dude needs to do his job.

39 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Is it possible? Yes because he can actually rush the passer.

Will he? We'll have to see.

In prove-it mode. Lotta hype with nothing to show for it right now.

54 minutes ago, jamesmasen said:

People put way too much into Chuck Smith.. isnt this the same guy who said Beasley was going to blow people away? 

He was on the Vic Beasley train until he found out he gave Quinn the cold shoulder this off season after being handed an extension he had not earned.

I know because I was on the same train and got off at the same stop...

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I am so freaking sick of Chuck Smith!! Dude just STFU!!! Name 1 player that Chuck Smith has made good in the NFL? Takk is a freaking bum and sooner or later the folks here will realize that. Dude is all bark and no bite.

Albert Haynesworth

Pretty sure Aaron Donald still trains with him as well.

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I am so freaking sick of Chuck Smith!! Dude just STFU!!! Name 1 player that Chuck Smith has made good in the NFL? Takk is a freaking bum and sooner or later the folks here will realize that. Dude is all bark and no bite.

Clayborn learned his cross chop from Chuck. Grady works with him. Bud Dupree just had a career year after working with him. Grady works with him. Aaron Donald works with him. Montez Sweat worked with him. Larry Ogunjobi worked with him. That's just this past offseason. Work. They all put it in. Let's not act like Chuck is some bum and top tier players don't go to him. Routinely. 

29 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I can count on no hands the amount of time Chuck Smith has been right about a pass rusher on the Falcons.

Chuck has never said "X player will be great". He's always said "X player can be great IF they work on this, this, and this.". Grady and Clayborn are the only Falcons to have worked with Chuck. Grady and Clayborn are the only Falcons DL who have been worth anything. 

I'd like to see Takk with a full season of non-shoulder injury play.  I do think Takk can get double digit, especially with the right coaching.  He is raw af, he plays off his emotion, if he can get someone to teach him how to harness and redirect that energy onto the field to raise his football iq, I think he could turn into a nice piece for this dline.

5 minutes ago, vel said:

Clayborn learned his cross chop from Chuck. Grady works with him. Bud Dupree just had a career year after working with him. Grady works with him. Aaron Donald works with him. Montez Sweat worked with him. Larry Ogunjobi worked with him. That's just this past offseason. Work. They all put it in. Let's not act like Chuck is some bum and top tier players don't go to him. Routinely. 

I'm just tired of all the talk. Talk is cheap. Beasley was nothing but talk that never produced and now we've got to listen to it about Takk. Enough is enough. Put up or shut up!!

1 minute ago, athell said:

I'd like to see Takk with a full season of non-shoulder injury play.  I do think Takk can get double digit, especially with the right coaching.  He is raw af, he plays off his emotion, if he can get someone to teach him how to harness and redirect that energy onto the field to raise his football iq, I think he could turn into a nice piece for this dline.

What about his terrible run defense and containment issues? There's more to DE than just sacks.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

What about his terrible run defense and containment issues? There's more to DE than just sacks.

That's why I said he is raw and plays off emotion.  He wants to get to the QB and only get to the QB.  He said as much on draft night.  If he can learn how to play the position properly, and realize it's not ALL about getting to the QB, he could be great.  He has the drive for it.  He has the physical attributes.  Vic had the attributes, but not drive.  Drive counts for a lot.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm just tired of all the talk. Talk is cheap. Beasley was nothing but talk that never produced and now we've got to listen to it about Takk. Enough is enough. Put up or shut up!!

I agree with that. But Chuck has called out Falcons pass rushers for years. They refuse to work with him and they all suck. Like he said in the interview, a trainer teaches, a coach coaches. If we ALL know the best pass rushers succeed because of their hand usage, refusing to work on hand usage with a guy who is 20 minutes from the facility and has a proven method/track record, that's on the players. 

To be fair, Takk isn't the one saying any of this. 

4 minutes ago, vel said:

I agree with that. But Chuck has called out Falcons pass rushers for years. They refuse to work with him and they all suck. Like he said in the interview, a trainer teaches, a coach coaches. If we ALL know the best pass rushers succeed because of their hand usage, refusing to work on hand usage with a guy who is 20 minutes from the facility and has a proven method/track record, that's on the players. 

To be fair, Takk isn't the one saying any of this. 

Didn't Takk go on Twitter before the season and say something about getting double-digit sacks and cutting his dreads?