Pats still trolling Falcons

Just now, E. T. said:

I've digested and shltted that out years ago!  They are quick to forget how bad their franchise use to be.....

Dude I never told you. At the food truck festival some dude just came and sat with me and my wife and randomly started talking football after he saw my falcons gear. At first it was awkward because he seemed creepy but he surprised me. He was a giants fan and even he knew the reason behind 28-3. I was oddly impressed. Then there was the bragging points on the giants beating them twice lol

52 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Dude I never told you. At the food truck festival some dude just came and sat with me and my wife and randomly started talking football after he saw my falcons gear. At first it was awkward because he seemed creepy but he surprised me. He was a giants fan and even he knew the reason behind 28-3. I was oddly impressed. Then there was the bragging points on the giants beating them twice lol

Some of the best convos I've had that were football related involved fans from other teams. Giants/Bills most recently for me. No trolling, no trash talking, just good old football talk.

18 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Some of the best convos I've had that were football related involved fans from other teams. Giants/Bills most recently for me. No trolling, no trash talking, just good old football talk.

Same. I got another story then I’m gonna go. 

so last week we did a super bowl pot luck at work. I go to grab my plate and one of the older managers told me “how bout we go in the conference room and eat”. Immediately I’m thinking wtf did I do. 

So I go in and I’m dripping in sweat cause I don’t have a clue what’s going on because let’s be honest, managers rarely make time to talk to associates. So I’m sitting there and 2 more bigs come in followed by the one who told me to come in and he closes the door. At that point I just knew I was about to get fired for whatever unknown reason. 

they all sit down and the first thing that comes out is “so who do you guys have in the super bowl”. The feel of relief in me was real. In my head I said “man y’all went through all that **** just to talk football”. We sat there for about an hour talking current sports and they taught me some stuff about older players. It was a good time 

3 hours ago, athell said:

I watched the SB just the other day.  I'm over it.  I have enough crap in the real world to deal with, I don't need to clinch my pearls over a football team that lost a game 3 years ago.

Me either that’s why i have no expectations for this upcoming season if we do well great if not ... well that’s life being a falcons fan 

20 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Thats the thing about Columbus, its a huge melting pot of people from all over the country mainly because of Ft. Benning. The sports bars here are full of fans from many teams, and the football talk gets very interesting in most cases. Same goes for college football. I too am a transplant from NY many many years ago by way of the military. I love it here!

Hope you guys enjoyed the foodtruck festival, its like no other.

10 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Thats the thing about Columbus, its a huge melting pot of people from all over the country mainly because of Ft. Benning. The sports bars here are full of fans from many teams, and the football talk gets very interesting in most cases. Same goes for college football. I too am a transplant from NY many many years ago by way of the military. I love it here!

Hope you guys enjoyed the foodtruck festival, its like no other.

Looking forward to this years. Also looking forward to the fair in April

I have moved on. I still enjoy watching the highlights from that game. We played a really good game overall. If our entire offensive line doesn't get injured, we win that game and no one is blaming Shannahan. Schraeder was so injured he had to come out of the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl. Do you know how bad someone has to be injured in order to exit the game in the last quarter of a Super Bowl? Especially a guy like Schaeder who was an undrafted free agent from Valdosta State who worked so hard to get where he was. Mack was playing on a broken leg and was worn down. Matthews was battling back spasms all game and was struggling. We just couldn't protect Ryan. Otherwise, we would have kept scoring in bunches.

On 2/5/2020 at 11:10 PM, DawnOfThemBirds said:

A good bit of those people who became fans after 2001 or even 2004 will not care about those 6 SBs over time because they only attached themselves to the Pats because they were currently perennial winners. Rarely seen any Pats fans down here in the south pre-dynasy, but now they're everywhere.

I'm saying a good bit of that fanbase will jump ship once the dynasty fades away into a memory in history. Seen it when the Niners dynasty ended, seen it a good bit when the 90's Cowboys dynasty ended. You saw those "fans" everywhere as well when they were currently dynasties, now you don't see a huge flock of them everywhere anymore. Same thing will happen to the Pats.

Also, another reason you might see more Pats fans now is because Atlanta has become such a transient city over the past 20 years. The population of northerners in ATL has significantly grown.

18 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Also, another reason you might see more Pats fans now is because Atlanta has become such a transient city over the past 20 years. The population of northerners in ATL has significantly grown.

I'm not just talking about Atlanta.

I'm from Columbus, GA and I see a river of Pat's fans here. Literally just seen about 40 people so far today with either Pat's gear on or sticker decals on their car, and it's just almost 1:00 pm. I see them everywhere I go in other cities in the South.

On 2/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, schwarzenegger321 said:

In another two years the Pats will be a perennial 8 - 8 or 7 - 9 team like they were before '91.  They had a really good run and did some incredible things, but their time is over.  

There will be about six fans in the stands in Foxboro in a couple of years.  The past is all they have to hold on to. 

Yes they had a great run but I will always bring up the cheating for the hate sauce on the awesome burger.