Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caponine

Dante Fowler Anyone ??

3 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

The Rams really don't though. Rams fans have been saying all year that he's the only real DE they have, Brockers is more of a run stuffer, Clay Matthews is situational but decent but not much better than Takk (if he's better at all). Who exactly do they have that demands attention outside of Donald? It's a really similar situation to us with Grady and then ________________.

I may have been thinking about another year. 

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Nobody is giving you push back. You keep saying don't pay him because he only had one good year. Like I said, it doesn't matter who you sign or draft, it can go either way. They can trade for Von Miller and he probably wouldn't perform any better than he did last season. It's a part of the game. Gotta take risks. If you don't you'll be sitting back looking silly. Won't know unless ya try it

I'm saying not to pay him if I had the choice of him or keeping Hooper. If that's my choices give me Hooper. I know what Hooper is going to do in a Falcons uniform. He's the 3rd most important player to the Falcons offensive success. Fowler could come here and blow up or become Ray Edwards. We don't know. But with Dan Quinn running things he's far more likely to become Ray Edwards than he is to be a stud.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm saying not to pay him if I had the choice of him or keeping Hooper. If that's my choices give me Hooper. I know what Hooper is going to do in a Falcons uniform. He's the 3rd most important player to the Falcons offensive success. Fowler could come here and blow up or become Ray Edwards. We don't know. But with Dan Quinn running things he's far more likely to become Ray Edwards than he is to be a stud.

Or since Quinn isn't over playcalling anymore he has a full season similar to Vic in the back half. The bolded is the most cliché cop out comment peeps are making these days as a reason that players wont progress. 

While you're talking about Fowler being the next Ray Edwards, Hooper could suffer a season ending injury in OTA's after signing a huge deal. Like I said, it's a gamble no matter how you shake it

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Or since Quinn isn't over playcalling anymore he has a full season similar to Vic in the back half. The bolded is the most cliché cop out comment peeps are making these days as a reason that players wont progress. 

While you're talking about Fowler being the next Ray Edwards, Hooper could suffer a season ending injury in OTA's after signing a huge deal. Like I said, it's a gamble no matter how you shake it

Dan Quinn is the head coach. He is in charge of guys being starters or backups or whatever. Beasley showed a long time ago that he wasn't a starter but could have a positive impact in a pass rush only situation. But he wasn't used that way until after Quinn turned over control of the defense to Morris. Dan Quinn for as great as he is at spotting defensive talent he's terrible at putting said defensive talent in a position to be most successful.

If we truly aren't gonna keep Hooper like Vaughn says then we will have the $ for Fowler and I'm actually down for it.  I'd be happy with Fowler, Grady, Takk, + draft pick.  AND if he really wants to play here maybe he'll take a competitive offer and not try to break the bank.  What did Vic get last year? 14mil? I saw somewhere the FAIR range would be 4yrs for 40something mil.  If we don't keep Hoop, I'm down. just my opinion though. I liked what he did last year for LA.  Dude got better and has a motor.

1 hour ago, ShadyRef said:

Over Calais Campbell? 

Not really "over" anybody.  Just in general.  If we can do either, I trust the judgment of the front office.

I just think Fowler has been good lately, so I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him on.

@ya_boi_j @Ovie_Lover

I'm not trying to be difficult and I kinda lost my cool and I apologize. I'm just frustrated with the entire Falcons situation and then seeing the Chuck Smith Takk thread right on top of this one just put me over the top. I'm just extremely frustrated. The Falcons keep changing coaches and players and the defense never gets any better. It's just beyond frustrating when everything about the current makeup of the Falcons goes against everything I believe in when it comes to football. The Tennessee Titans didn't win the Super Bowl but that's my model for how to successfully build a football team. That is what I like to see.

15 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Dan Quinn is the head coach. He is in charge of guys being starters or backups or whatever. Beasley showed a long time ago that he wasn't a starter but could have a positive impact in a pass rush only situation. But he wasn't used that way until after Quinn turned over control of the defense to Morris. Dan Quinn for as great as he is at spotting defensive talent he's terrible at putting said defensive talent in a position to be most successful.

Which is why I brought up him not being in charge of defense anymore

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

@ya_boi_j @Ovie_Lover

I'm not trying to be difficult and I kinda lost my cool and I apologize. I'm just frustrated with the entire Falcons situation and then seeing the Chuck Smith Takk thread right on top of this one just put me over the top. I'm just extremely frustrated. The Falcons keep changing coaches and players and the defense never gets any better. It's just beyond frustrating when everything about the current makeup of the Falcons goes against everything I believe in when it comes to football. The Tennessee Titans didn't win the Super Bowl but that's my model for how to successfully build a football team. That is what I like to see.

No hard feelings. Every conversation doesn’t have to be a complete agreement. Just a tale of differing opinions and views. 

9 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

@ya_boi_j @Ovie_Lover

You good. All I was doing was trying to help you feel good about signing Fowler.

I've generally not been a fan of Fowler but can see the intrigue in that he is somehow only 25 years old. It seems like he has been around forever. 

That said, I'd rather buy low on a former mid round pick on his career trajectory like the Smiths in Green Bay than a former top 5 pick who has been very well paid his entire career. 

2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Who would you like Eversom Griffin? Fowler get more sacks on a per snap basis than him.

Yannick Ngakoue? Beats him too.

What's your deal with Fowler? Honestly. @DawnOfThemBirds you too. 

What's up? He gets sacks more frequently than most, is good in the run game, what is it? Are you just looking at his sack numbers and saying "hes bad" and that's it? Why dont you check how many snaps he has played, hard to get sacks when you are on the sidelines in Jax.

We was talking about Wade Phillips.

I think Fowler is good.

8 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

I like him ... idk if this was said already but he gives me Vic Beasley vibes ... so I’m not sure if we should sign him

Can’t let the past determine your future.

Edited by ChickenBiscuit

15 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Why

Because he's gonna demand a huge contract + similar production to VB in his overall body of work in rushing the QB.......... (and yeah he's better against the run than VB but who isn't? )............but more than anything, because he has a history of being a knucklehead. 

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

One double digit sack year. And that was under Wade who usually schemes his OLBs into more sacks than normal. Two teams let him go. Something's up. Give me Yannick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918366/article/dante-fowler-sentenced-to-probation-in-battery-case

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000832895/article/dante-fowler-charged-with-three-misdemeanors

36 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Because he's gonna demand a huge contract + similar production to VB in his overall body of work in rushing the QB.......... (and yeah he's better against the run than VB but who isn't? )............but more than anything, because he has a history of being a knucklehead. 

He has more production than Beasley. Not similar.

He's far better against the run.

And has been clean off the field for years.

23 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

He has more production than Beasley. Not similar.

He's far better against the run.

And has been clean off the field for years.

I acknowledged he's better against run, but again, so what? Any stiff we bring in would be better than  VB against the run. His D against the run isn't why teams are going to be throwing money his way.  

We all know Pass rush is more than sacks, but it's still the barometer we most use in here in measuring production for a pass rusher::

Beasley in 5 years 37.5 sacks = 7.5 average per season

Fowler in 4 seasons 27.5 sacks = < 7 sacks per season. 

He does seem as if he found his game in LA, so please don't misconstrue me. I'm not saying he's not the more valued player. 

Finally,  nobody knows whether he's been clean or not. He has a history, and maybe just hasn't been caught. I hope we don't throw the money it would take to get him here with his history of immaturity. 

19 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Maybe he can go back to sleep until he hits another contract year?

We have folks here that crucified Beasley and yet Fowler’s career looks like this:

2016   2

2017   2

2018   4

2019  11.5

Would the Falcons gamble that much money right now?  

It's pretty much now or never...

giphy.gif