• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn’t he a reserve player up until last season?

They were together at Florida and he wanted to be drafted by the Falcons mostly because of the connection. He’s definitely gonna break bread

Wished he could bring Wade Phillips with him.....

18 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Yeah, and he actually had 15 sacks last year. 8 solo, 7 assisted. He would have gotten more, but he was splitting a lot with donald. If you are getting to the QB as quick as aaron donald, and youre coming from a farther distance, then thats telling. Watch the 9 minute video of all tge LA Rams sacks for 2019. Fowler almost got to the QB on a lot of them that werent even his. I would give him 14-15 million, which is what it would cost. 

I was pretty stunned when I looked up the video of sacks on the season for the Rams. Pretty much the only ones he wasn't close to were where he wasn't in on the play, was QB spy, or was covering a RB. He does fall down more than I like, but he was getting a ton of pressure even when he didn't get the sack.

Video goes to show though - a lot of sacks are a result of holding the ball a little longer and pressure up the middle forcing QBs to the edges. Even if we get Fowler, we should focus our resources on shoring up the entire defense.

9 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

It won't be this one though, and I am happy with that...

Who would you like Eversom Griffin? Fowler get more sacks on a per snap basis than him.

Yannick Ngakoue? Beats him too.

What's your deal with Fowler? Honestly. @DawnOfThemBirds you too. 

What's up? He gets sacks more frequently than most, is good in the run game, what is it? Are you just looking at his sack numbers and saying "hes bad" and that's it? Why dont you check how many snaps he has played, hard to get sacks when you are on the sidelines in Jax.

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Who would you like Eversom Griffin? Fowler get more sacks on a per snap basis than him.

What's up? He gets sacks more frequently than most, is good in the run game, what is it? Are you just looking at his sack numbers and saying "hes bad" and that's it? Why dont you check how many snaps he has played, hard to get sacks when you are on the sidelines in Jax.

I was talking about Wade Phillips...

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

I completely read over that part :lol: my b. I'm just used to people bashing Fowler right now. Didnt even notice yall brought up Wade.

No problem.  I actually would like to go get him, and use the #16 for a different position. We haven't been very good at drafting an edge guy, and he seems to be on the rise. 

7 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think the point was making a comparison outside of sacks, in which people think is the only thing that gets recorded for pass rushers

I know exactly what he was doing. But he was just proving that Fowler has only been a 1 year wonder and that only happened in a contract year. We've been down that road before with players and we don't need to fall for it with Fowler.

24 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

But why wasn't he playing more in Jacksonville? You figured a top 5 pick would be starting when healthy. What happened there? That is what I want to know and why I'm not jumping at the thought of signing him.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I know exactly what he was doing. But he was just proving that Fowler has only been a 1 year wonder and that only happened in a contract year. We've been down that road before with players and we don't need to fall for it with Fowler.

The difference is Fowler was a reserve player his entire career up until last season. Even as a part timer he produced solid results outside of 2018 iirc. Kind of difficult to fully judge him if he wasn't a full time starter for all of those years

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

The difference is Fowler was a reserve player his entire career up until last season. Even as a part timer he produced solid results outside of 2018 iirc. Kind of difficult to fully judge him if he wasn't a full time starter for all of those years

We posted at the same time, look at the post right above yours and answer that question.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

We posted at the same time, look at the post right above yours and answer that question.

He was injured in TC of his rookie season and their DL was stacked. Jacksonville built their defense from front to back and had plenty of depth that could play. They had the DL depth that we wish Atlanta had. There was no reason to use him as a full timer if we're being completely honest.

4 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Injury his rookie year.

He didn't attend rehab in Jax and instead used his own doctor and Coughlin didnt like that. Sat him because of it and fined him (he did the same to other players which is why they left and he is now fired).

Also punched a dude so that didn't help.

6 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Injury his rookie year.

He didn't attend rehab in Jax and instead used his own doctor and Coughlin didnt like that. Sat him because of it and fined him (he did the same to other players which is why they left and he is now fired).

Also punched a dude so that didn't help.

I know he was hurt his rookie rookie year but that was 2015. So he gets a pass for 2015 and 2016. But what about 2017 and 2018? What happened there? Also the numbers posted for 2016, 2017 and 2018 aren't encouraging.

I totally forgot him punching a dude and that whole incident.

I'm just saying, he's a 1-year wonder wanting mega money. It's risky as crap and could easily bite the Falcons in the butt, especially when this coaching staff hasn't shown the ability to consistently put players in the best position to be successful. Knowing the Falcons we'd sign him to a big deal and turn him into a pass coverage linebacker because no one understands what we're doing with our players. Look at how they did Beasley and how long it took them to finally use him correctly.

Edited by AUTiger7222
2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I know he was hurt his rookie rookie year but that was 2015. So he gets a pass for 2015 and 2016. But what about 2017 and 2018? What happened there? Also the numbers posted for 2016, 2017 and 2018 aren't encouraging.

Like I said he was benched by Coughlin because he didn't use the doctor Coughlin wanted. He did that and fined him, did it to multiple players that's why he was fired. 

That's also why he left, Ramsey wanted out, Yannick wants out, etc.

He still did good with limited snaps. You gotta look at how many sacks he got on a per snap basis. Dude is at like 69. Danielle Hunter and Yannick are in the 80's. He's killing it.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

So by your standards, how should a player who was only a situational pass rusher perform? You don't expect a sack, hurry or hit every other snap do you?

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

Like I said he was benched by Coughlin because he didn't use the doctor Coughlin wanted. He did that and fined him, did it to multiple players that's why he was fired. 

That's also why he left, Ramsey wanted out, Yannick wants out, etc.

He still did good with limited snaps. You gotta look at how many sacks he got on a per snap basis. Dude is at like 69. Khalil Mack is at like ******* 90. He's killing it.

I went back and edited my post to add to it.

Also disagree strongly that he did good with limited snaps. 67th 48th, and 57th aren't good.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

So by your standards, how should a player who was only a situational pass rusher perform? You don't expect a sack, hurry or hit every other snap do you?

Look, I don't hate Fowler and he has massive talent. There's a reason he was a top 5 pick. I just don't want to see the Falcons spend $15M a year on a guy and then him come in here and suck like Ray Edwards did. We've been down that road before with guys like him and Pierce Holt. If we're spending big money in free agency we need someone with a proven track record. 1 year isn't a proven track record for any player. Especially when said money is coming from keeping someone like Austin Hooper who's value is greatly downplayed by this message board because he's Gronk and so he sucks and isn't worth keeping. Hooper is one of the 3 most important players to the Falcons offense and folks here want to save $3M by letting him walk because Graham is fast, like speed is the only thing important for TE's.