Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caponine

Dante Fowler Anyone ??

4 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

He gonna get paid. Seems like he likes Q more than the fans do. :lol:

where did you see he wants to play for ATL? Wanted to read up, but didn’t see anything with a G search. 

Saw it on IG and Twitter. A few Falcons Pages are saying it. Also saw it on a pretty accurate account on twitter 

29 minutes ago, falcon1fan said:

I would love him, but I think he's going to get top market value. I'd also like to take a shot at Robert quinn

Money definitely will be an issue,  but they may throw whatever money he wants 

Refreshing to hear that a top player would want to come here, at a top need as well. Certainly hope we at least speak with agent and get in to contract talks. Curious to cap-ologist estimate. Ive heard we are not in cap ****, think this would be a great test subject to show how  could fit in without destroying possible depth signings.

36 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’ll be glad when the cap situation is fixed so it can be one less concern

Yeah....I know what they keep saying but I blv it’s somewhat of an impediment to say least.  Maybe that’s where TD makes his bones though......they may as well mortgage the farm this year anyway bc if they flounder it’s someone else’s problem.  

i will say this... tony pauline know his stuff... it dont mean it will happen because somebody can offer him a billion  dollars but the agent probably put that out there.

Saying that.... Mannnnnn he was killing us last year... My only fear was... Was this his 2016 Beasley season this year...

i think he is a good DE ..... IDK is he a 12+ sack guy tho

He is going to atlest cost you 15 mil a year

Not saying Dante Fowler isn’t the better player as of right now. But I think it’s hilarious that the same people who were so ready to cut bait with Vic are now eager to sign someone like Fowler. 

Vic rookie contract: 37.5 sacks 

Fowler rookie contract: 27.5 sacks 

50 minutes ago, caponine said:

Money definitely will be an issue,  but they may throw whatever money he wants 

If he wants the play in Atlanta, the Fowler may be willing to let 2 mil out the window.

I see the Falcons trying to go all in. Quinn and TD are trying to save their jobs. I think they eye a noticable defensive player in FA and draft another defender in the 1st round that can contribute instantly.

2 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

Not saying Dante Fowler isn’t the better player as of right now. But I think it’s hilarious that the same people who were so ready to cut bait with Vic are now eager to sign someone like Fowler. 

Wasn’t he a reserve player up until last season?

3 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

If he wants the play in Atlanta, the Fowler may be willing to let 2 mil out the window.

I see the Falcons trying to go all in. Quinn and TD are trying to save their jobs. I think they eye a noticable defensive player in FA and draft another defender in the 1st round that can contribute instantly.

Will some players have to be let go ?? 

3 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

Vic was also 44th in pressures in 2016, the year he led the league in sacks. In other words, he was playing a ton of mop-up duty. 

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Wasn’t he a reserve player up until last season?

He also missed his entire rookie season, which I had forgotten. Vic would still have a 6 sack lead if you take away 2015.

All I’m saying is I find it funny that we would sign the 3rd overall pick from 2015 who has failed to live up to expectations so far, after letting go of the 8th overall pick who has also failed to live up to expectations :lol:

Fowler is definitely trending up, though I think he would be too expensive in any case.

Edited by Drew4719

5 hours ago, atljbo said:

i will say this... tony pauline know his stuff... it dont mean it will happen because somebody can offer him a billion  dollars but the agent probably put that out there.

Saying that.... Mannnnnn he was killing us last year... My only fear was... Was this his 2016 Beasley season this year...

i think he is a good DE ..... IDK is he a 12+ sack guy tho

He is going to atlest cost you 15 mil a year

Well, Fowler was injured and missed his entire rookie season with a torn ACL in 2016. He came back in 2017 and had 8 sack fresh off of the ACL injury. 2018 there was plenty of stuff going in with the Jags and he was traded to the Rams, he had only 4 total sacks but I'm sure that was an adjustment for him. He went on to have a stable season this year and got 11.5 sacks.

He may be good but is just now able to play his way and not had to deal with much distractions other than just do his job on the field and was able to be pretty much healthy.

8 minutes ago, caponine said:

Will some players have to be let go ?? 

Maybe Freeman.

I think TD can find ways to make up the cash if he really wants to. May have to in order to save his job. The Falcons will have to address the pass rush once in for all to make a positive attempt to do so. That goes for Quinn as well.