Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MAD597

TD has never picked or signed a Successful Edge Rusher since he has been here

56 minutes ago, Ohio Dirty Bird said:

Big problem is he wasted a lot of drafts and money on one WR.  That makes it hard to find good FA.  he did sign Dwight Freeney but he was old by then,  TD  made some good things happen but also failed at somethings.  I think they don't also  pick good coaches  Mike smith , DQ not exactly good at grooming young talent on the D  I say Mike Smith is better then DQ

He also wasted 2 1st rd picks on Busts at DE

28 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Well technically he has.

I think he has re-signed Abe before not too long after TD got here lol.

Yea resigning a guy who was already here and performing at a high level don't count

36 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

That’s too steep.  You’d get him for a 1st because he is an UFA and we would have to pick up the franchise tag or pay huge money to extend him.  He isn’t Khalil Mack.

Exact same situation as Frank Clark last year and it cost the chiefs a 1st and 2nd and a swap of 3rds.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Would you guys be open to trading #16 for an established 10 sack guy that you need to pay, ala John Abraham?

We got Abraham for pick #28 I think?

No.  

But, I would be willing to do that if we trade down from 16 to garner more picks....then trade the lower 1st round draft pick for the vet.

Ideally, I would hope we trade down, get an extra second, and draft K Murray in the late first.  Our need at LB is that high, in my opinion.  

Just now, duckhoa said:

No.  

But, I would be willing to do that if we trade down from 16 to garner more picks....then trade the lower 1st round draft pick for the vet.

Ideally, I would hope we trade down, get an extra second, and draft K Murray in the late first.  Our need at LB is that high, in my opinion.  

Whatever we do I hope it's NOT using #16 on a DE or trading to move up to draft a DE. For once we REALLY need to focus on the interior DL.

I've seen that movie before

Hoping we take one with our first pick,,  Best one available at #16,,,  there will be two or three great Ends available ... Hope they peg the very best one at 16,, I think that is what will be their goal,, if not, I'll be shocked if they don't take a DE with that first pick.  And if they don't take a DE with our first pick,,  I'd say we need to fire who ever is running our Draft. Because there is nothing we need more than a Top DE. Nothing...

19 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Hoping we take one with our first pick,,  Best one available at #16,,,  there will be two or three great Ends available ... Hope they peg the very best one at 16,, I think that is what will be their goal,, if not, I'll be shocked if they don't take a DE with that first pick.  And if they don't take a DE with our first pick,,  I'd say we need to fire who ever is running our Draft. Because there is nothing we need more than a Top DE. Nothing...

Not only do I not trust TD to pick a 1st rd DE, even the best 1st rd DE would fail here with our current interior DL in place.

I mean really how many times do we need to see this same thing over and over again?

Fix the middle of the defense before investing so heavily in more Edge rushers that will just fail here.

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Guess you’d need to define successful.  Clayborn has been successful for his cost.  Vic was an All Pro but had two bad years. 

If you are stating he has never drafted a perennial pro bowl player then you are correct

Clay was also a 1st rounder the year we took Julio too right?

1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

Not only do I not trust TD to pick a 1st rd DE even the best 1st rd DE would fail here with our current interior DL in place.

I mean really how many times do we need to see this same thing over and over again?

I agree,, but in this draft,, there are a lot of great DTs from round 2 all the way to the 7th round.. more that usual ,, But we have to go DE with the first IMO.. they are scarce as hen's teeth.. But more Good DTs than any other draft I can remember... which is good for us.

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Would you guys be open to trading #16 for an established 10 sack guy that you need to pay, ala John Abraham?

We got Abraham for pick #28 I think?

I would love that. JA55 is the best trade in franchise history I think. I'd kill to have a 27 year old John Abraham on our team.

2 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I agree,, but in this draft,, there are a lot of great DTs from round 2 all the way to the 7th round.. more that usual ,, But we have to go DE with the first IMO.. they are scarce as hen's teeth.. But more Good DTs than any other draft I can remember... which is good for us.

We need to come away with 2 bigger DT's before rd 4. I honestly think though TD drafting another DE in the 1st rd is just throwing a pick away. He can't do it, he completely sucks at it whoever he picks at DE in the 1st rd will bust no matter how much of a sure thing people think they are.

Y’all can spin it any way you like but the OP is pretty much on point. TD sucks and has since he got when it comes to finding edge rushers. I’ve saying It for years and some of you  just need to admit it and stop making excuses for ol spiky hair. There’s been plenty come and go over the years from the draft and other teams and TD didn’t have a clue. Also would agree that the inside pass rush has sucked *** as well. Something tells me a blind squirrel finds an acorn this year or on his 13 try via draft FA

4 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

You may be overall correct but your logic is flawed. The Falcons edge rushers aren't failing because the interior DL isn't good enough; they're failing because they just aren't good enough. Good edge rushers get theirs regardless of who is inside. 

No it's a combination of weak interior DL and TD's lack of ability to properly scout Edge Rushers. Even good Pass Rushers may fail here cause opposing QB's have a huge pocket to step into in order to avoid an edge rush.

3 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

No it's a combination of weak interior DL and TD's lack of ability to properly scout Edge Rushers. Even good Pass Rushers may fail here cause opposing QB's have a huge pocket to step into in order to avoid an edge rush.

You keep talking about weak interior dl when one of the two are top 3 at the position? How team teams trot out two studs at dt??

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You keep talking about weak interior dl when one of the two are top 3 at the position? How team teams trot out two studs at dt??

Have you even watched our games over the last 12 + years. While Grady is really good opposing QB's tend to be able to set up a table and make a sandwich in the pocket presented in front of them due to our interior DL not being able to consistently collapse the pocket.

QB's simply step forward and avoid edge rushes, our interior DL needs to be able to maul the opposing OL so these QB's have no ability to step forward. The interior DL should be making QB's run for their lives and pretty much run into our Edge rushers for sacks along with opening up lanes for our Edge rushers. 

Grady is only one person and he cannot be counted on as the only decent player as a DT on the team.