Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kiwifalcon

Jordan Elliot

39 posts in this topic

You late :ninja:

but seriously Elliot has been a guy high on my list.  I like that he’s nimble and brings attitude to the position.  Nice length as well.  He’s going under the radar, but has been solid throughout college.  I put him in the same category as Blacklock and Hamilton.

I like his lateral movement. Plays well along the line covering gap assignments. Anchors well and shows quickness though no jump off the screen speed. Slow burst off the snap and gets his pad level high at times which will get him moved out of plays at the next level. Just my observations. That said interesting prospect I wouldn't mind drafting

20 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Anyone out there know anything about this guy.

Just started having a look at this guy looks pretty decent.

I like him, has good moves for a guy that size

mtldirtybird and kiwifalcon like this

To me the biggest difference between him, Brown, and Kinlaw is he's bringing a tool belt with him. He has a nasty push pull, and a counter one arm stab, he has 2 moves that counter each other. I've seen him with a quick arm over swipe and a bull rush, he has a tool belt. Brown has more upside and he's quicker off the line, but if he can't win with a bull rush that's it. He has more to work on. Kinlaw has the most upside, but I suspect the same, if he can't run straight down the middle of a guy he's going to have problems. Both Brown and Kinlaw didn't work at their craft and are just relying on their athleticism. This is why I like Elliot more, he has better pure movement skills overall, not as twitchy, but he is every bit the athlete as both of these guys but he didn't just rest on his athleticism. He is a student of the game, and the tape shows that like a neon sign you can see from here to New York.

vitaman and kiwifalcon like this

I watched one of his games and focused on him a lot. He kind of reminds me of Hageman in that he is big and well-built but can move like a smaller player. He's not an anchor. He's pretty disruptive but does not have great football awareness. He's involved in a lot of plays and doing something but not the guy finishing a play. 

Nothing I've read about him indicates he's a high pick. I'd consider him in the 4th or so. 

On 2/5/2020 at 0:58 PM, falcon1fan said:

I like his lateral movement. Plays well along the line covering gap assignments. Anchors well and shows quickness though no jump off the screen speed. Slow burst off the snap and gets his pad level high at times which will get him moved out of plays at the next level. Just my observations. That said interesting prospect I wouldn't mind drafting

Yep he’s a monster at the point of attack.

Has some nice hand usage and is a plus defender against the run we need that.

papachaz likes this

23 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

You would think I was Dane Brugler...

On 2/3/2020 at 9:40 PM, KRUNKuno said:

You late :ninja:

but seriously Elliot has been a guy high on my list.  I like that he’s nimble and brings attitude to the position.  Nice length as well.  He’s going under the radar, but has been solid throughout college.  I put him in the same category as Blacklock and Hamilton.

2 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

You would think I was Dane Brugler...

Who do you like out him and Gallimore.

I like him aswell.

30 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Who do you like out him and Gallimore.

I like him aswell.

Gallimore.  But I’ve narrowed my DT choices to Gallimore or Elliott. I was on the Blacklock train but I don’t like how their defense uses him. He loops too much to the outside like he’s a DE almost. And that’s from the snap.

kiwifalcon and GATXBOI like this

2 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

Gallimore.  But I’ve narrowed my DT choices to Gallimore or Elliott. I was on the Blacklock train but I don’t like how their defense uses him. He loops too much to the outside like he’s a DE almost. And that’s from the snap.

I like Gallimore alot.I see that MLBer for OKLAHOMA loves him aswell.Watched them play Texas and another game and thee amount of plays the above made because of the LoS control Gallimore commands was nice to see.

Plus run defender.

GATXBOI and ike barn87987 like this

Gallimore has an insane motor.  Looks bigger than what he’s listed.  Plays with great leverage.

Elliot, to me, just has a mean streak that speaks to what I like in my players.  Not to mention he played on a less talented team.  That always intrigues me.

I’d go with Elliot just because I like his length a lot more.  Seems agile enough to play DE some as well. 

Scouting report on Jordan I don’t agree with some of this because when I have watched him play he’s played pretty well.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jordan-elliott/7dxcMmdTfH

ANALYST'S REPORTS

Marino

Solak

Crabbs

PROS: Ascending player who performed at his best during his final season. Has some impressive reps defending the run where he’s able to anchor at the point of attack and fight for his gap. Has some slippery moments shooting gaps and rushing the passer where he’s able to generate some penetration. Looks to have a strong core because he isn’t overly thick in his lowers and he doesn’t play with good leverage yet is still often able to stay in his gap. Has experience two-gapping from a variety of alignments. While he often creates the scenarios on account of his poor play speed, Elliott does well to work his hands and compete to clear his pads. 

CONS: Slow burn pass rusher. Tardy out of his stance, often without a plan. Bad tendency to pop up out of his stance and get his eyes in the backfield. Does not process and read blocks with any sort of consistency. Reps are often played too close to the vest and he’s in a state of recovery with his hands to generate some extension so he can unhinge. Has to play and process quicker because it takes away so much of his physical upside otherwise. Has plenty of room to grow mentally and technically. Would not describe him as a high-urgency football player. 

BEST TRAIT - Play Strength

WORST TRAIT - Processing

RED FLAGS - None

NFL COMP - Dwan Edwards 

Elliott spent his freshman season at the University of Texas before transferring to Missouri. After playing in limited reps in 2017 (89 snaps), Elliott enjoyed a breakout season in 2018 before declaring for the Draft. While he’s far from a finished product, his growth is encouraging. There is mental and technical growth needed for him to make an impact in the NFL, but his deficiencies are teachable. I don’t expect much from Elliott early in his career, but he has the traits needed to find work as a two-gapping five-technique in a 3-4 front that also provides some interior pass rush ability. 

This dude is talented but may be available with our 2nd pick. Drafting him at 16 would be a reach. Why reach for a maybe when you can get a sure thing. Drafting him at 16 would be overthinking it. At 16 I'd be looking at the Kinlaw's and the Espenesa's,  Matos and the Chaisson's this dude is the next tier.  But a combo of first two picks of say Espenesa and this dude with pick number 2 would be a solid start to the draft. 

Edited by Refried Beans