.  I wish the NFL would come up with a system were you could trade picks for cap room. I know you build off the draft. But why should a team have to let a star that they coached up walk, to take a chance on a highly-rated rookie that they have no idea about how he will play or be a team player in their NFL. It would be great if a team could say trade there draft pick to pick up extra cap cash depending which pick it was. like if you have the top pick and your QB got hurt the year before and you got a higher pick than your team talent and you it's time to resign that QB you could trade/drop that pick for cap cash to be able to to do it. Just a thought to allow established teams with a QB or another player coming out of his rookie contract you can keep up with teams that have QBs that haven't  had to pay out the big bucks. Just a thought.

1 minute ago, jgentry162 said:

.  I wish the NFL would come up with a system were you could trade picks for cap room. I know you build off the draft. But why should a team have to let a star that they coached up walk, to take a chance on a highly-rated rookie that they have no idea about how he will play or be a team player in their NFL. It would be great if a team could say trade there draft pick to pick up extra cap cash depending which pick it was. like if you have the top pick and your QB got hurt the year before and you got a higher pick than your team talent and you it's time to resign that QB you could trade/drop that pick for cap cash to be able to to do it. Just a thought to allow established teams with a QB or another player coming out of his rookie contract you can keep up with teams that have QBs that haven't  had to pay out the big bucks. Just a thought.

You sorta can...just not how you're thinking. You can trade a player with a lot of dead money and they'll take the dead money in exchange for either giving a lower draft pick or even getting a draft pick in addition to the player. It happened a few times this year I believe, and it's what we were exploring with Devonta Freeman

43 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Yup, Browns made that trade. Got like a 2nd rounder I think.

Turned into Nick Chubb at 35.  Very good back and it was their 4th pick in the draft there, Pats took Michel and Seahawks took Penny in the first over him.  It's the exact reason I hope we don't use a pick on a back until our 55th pick or later.  Every year a really good back goes in second or third round, hope we are smart enough not to reach in a deep class with no true top tier talent this year.

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

If i had a choice at both of them im taking Kinlaw for sure.

that was what i was thinking with possibly taking Kareem Khalid in the 4th or 5th

if we do take Chaisson i think we need to try to get Raekwon Davis 6'7 317 DT Alabama with our first second round pick

1 hour ago, GATXBOI said:

that was what i was thinking with possibly taking Kareem Khalid in the 4th or 5th

if we do take Chaisson i think we need to try to get Raekwon Davis 6'7 317 DT Alabama with our first second round pick

Im not even against double dipping at DT in this draft thats how much i like the DT's coming out this year.  I wouldn't be against something like this   16 - Kinlaw   2a - Dobbins  2b - Gallimore  3rd - kenny willieks   4th -  best OG/C available 5th best TE available     Then in free agency look at the best DE  SLB and CB you can afford.