Refried Beans

Vic Beasley

32 posts in this topic

I wish this young man the best. As someone who has played and coached the game I saw a very raw player with a ton of talent who needed a veteran leader to help him. The last couple of years I saw a frustrated player who, in my opinion, seemed to be losing faith in the coaches and probably was becoming a issue in the locker room with his attitude. I hope he get his head screwed back on straight wherever he may land. I agree with posters from earlier thread that said the end all be all for Vic was not showing to work out with a coach that is offering to help you, that is letting a agent run your life and put you in bad situations. 

Edited by Refried Beans

I just don't know how much plainer it can be, when your coach offers to help you, a coach that is a defensive line coach, that has worked with some of the best in football at Seattle and university of Florida and you ghost him. Especially after he went to bat for you to get you a contract you didn't deserve and you ghost him. That sends the wrong message. Quinn put it all in for VB, he considered VB another Lawrence Taylor type player and VB basically used him. I hope the next franchise that gets him takes this into consideration before signing him. Wish him the best but seen the true colors. 

Osiruz, #55, Dukeduke211 and 2 others like this

21 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

I just don't know how much plainer it can be, when your coach offers to help you, a coach that is a defensive line coach, that has worked with some of the best in football at Seattle and university of Florida and you ghost him. Especially after he went to bat for you to get you a contract you didn't deserve and you ghost him. That sends the wrong message. Quinn put it all in for VB, he considered VB another Lawrence Taylor type player and VB basically used him. I hope the next franchise that gets him takes this into consideration before signing him. Wish him the best but seen the true colors. 

This definitely.

DQ even mentioned he was disappointed publicly.

2 hours ago, athell said:

This needed it's own thread why?

didn't pay attention to who wrote it did ya.....

:lol:

and OP, there is absolutely NO foundation to anything about  Vic being any 'problem' or 'issue' in the locker room. Why even make up crap like that and post it? Vic, while not being what we'd all hoped for as a ball player, is a straight up solid dude, just don't even try with this garbage

athell likes this

5 hours ago, athell said:

This needed it's own thread why?

Because he only responds and contributes to the one's he makes normally, which I guess we shouldn't be upset about.  At least he is contained.

athell and papachaz like this

3 minutes ago, papachaz said:

and OP, there is absolutely NO foundation to anything about  Vic being any 'problem' or 'issue' in the locker room. Why even make up crap like that and post it? Vic, while not being what we'd all hoped for as a ball player, is a straight up solid dude, just don't even try with this garbage

Your opinion is as accurate as his since neither of you know him personally. 

If he goes to the Patriots he will be a pro bowler  instantly ,  He just needs a fire under his a$$  and Falcons don't have that kind of coach  . Its best they both part ways  he is not worth any real large amount of money and the Falcons have a lot of issues to take care of

Unfortunately VB44 just wasn’t dedicated to his craft.He reminded me of a guy that’s been naturally good his whole life at whatever sport he’s tried or played.NFLs a different kettle of fish athleticism gets you so far.

Thats where the little details count that seperate good from great.

Flying Falcon and Rings like this

quick question to any of my fellow TAFTERS....if it came down to Kinlaw or Chaisson who would you take?

11 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

quick question to any of my fellow TAFTERS....if it came down to Kinlaw or Chaisson who would you take?

Chaisson. Can play edge or drop back as an OLB.

15 hours ago, papachaz said:

I am not looking for a debate.  But, as frustrating as Refried Beans has been to me at times, he is completely accurate regarding DQ's offer to personally train VB and was shunned.  I remember DQ saying that at the end of training, VB would love him or hate him.  VB then did not show for OTAs and stated that he was training elsewhere.  I was quite surprised the Falcons allowed him to play for another season.  I would have cut his *** the minute he showed up in FB.  But, I am a disciplinarian.  I believe in structure. 

It seems that every time a player trains elsewhere, that is followed by a disappointing season,  I no longer believe a player is training when they say they are training anywhere but FB. 

I have no proof VB was a problem in the locker room.  However, you have all seen the photo of VB standing in the tunnel during the game.  Let's just call it moderate circumstantial evidence and we can each have our own opinion. 

I played football in school.  As I got older, the concept of team sports began to mean something to me.  I know what it means.  If you listen to the words of Falcon players, they all understand team sports.  They verbalize the concept of brotherhood.  But, VB's actions remind me of these words, "When a person shows you who they are, believe them".

Edited by NaGaBoy
papachaz and AlabamaFalconFan like this

I read a post today that is spot on.  The guy said Beasley is the quickest guy past the quarterback that has ever been.  I've thought that all year that Beasley just rushes past the QB, ushered by some 320# tackle.

21 hours ago, Rings said:

Because he only responds and contributes to the one's he makes normally, which I guess we shouldn't be upset about.  At least he is contained.

:lol::tiphat:

Rings likes this