Condolences to Tevin Coleman, Levine Tolio, & Ben Garland

Sun Tzu 7

51 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Coleman is so great that he's been in two super bowls and can't break 30 yards rushing 

Coleman caught a TD and had he not got injured he probably picks up Hightower on that blitz where Freeman whiffed. Coleman averaged like 6 YPC in both games. Shanny and injuries held him back in both games. 

3 hours ago, octoslash said:

I feel a lot worse for our guys who've gone barely .500 since losing the big one than I do for three ex-Falcons who got to go to a second super bowl in four years.  

Yep!  I wasn’t praying for KS to lose per say but it did take a tiny bit of the sting out of 51.  At least now everyone looks at our loss and the common denominator is KS more than just the fact we’re an NFL “also ran” that peed their pants in their biggest moment.   Don’t get me wrong, I’m not letting anyone else off hook but at least we can save a bit of face knowing our numb nut HC got “KS’d”......and at least we’re not alone on the dung heap.  

40 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Coleman caught a TD and had he not got injured he probably picks up Hightower on that blitz where Freeman whiffed. Coleman averaged like 6 YPC in both games. Shanny and injuries held him back in both games. 

Freeman didn't whiff, it's been reported multiple times he had to sub in last minute when Coleman got hurt and he didn't know his assignment.  Whiff would indicate he tried to block him and missed, he didn't even try.

22 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Yep!  I wasn’t praying for KS to lose per say but it did take a tiny bit of the sting out of 51.  At least now everyone looks at our loss and the common denominator is KS more than just the fact we’re an NFL “also ran” that peed their pants in their biggest moment.   Don’t get me wrong, I’m not letting anyone else off hook but at least we can save a bit of face knowing our numb nut HC got “KS’d”......and at least we’re not alone on the dung heap.  

I'm just happy Reid got his ring and people can stop saying he never won the big one.  Shanny took that title from him along with the HC with bad clock management last night.

3 minutes ago, Rings said:

I'm just happy Reid got his ring and people can stop saying he never won the big one.  Shanny took that title from him along with the HC with bad clock management last night.

Yeah, Reid is a WCO mastermind who was prbly headed for Canton anyway but he has sealed that imho.  He certainly deserved the win.  I wasn’t hung up on Shanny losing but I was pulling for Reid to finally get his.  You’re right about clock mgt too.  KS def does some odd things at times.  Look at how he overplayed his hands in our game this season. I

1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

Maybe, maybe not. Common knowledge that Coleman’s a worse blocker than freeman. 

4 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Yeah, Reid is a WCO mastermind who was prbly headed for Canton anyway but he has sealed that imho.  He certainly deserved the win.  I wasn’t hung up on Shanny losing but I was pulling for Reid to finally get his.  You’re right about clock mgt too.  KS def does some odd things at times.  Look at how he overplayed his hands in our game this season. I

People want to crucify him for not running in the 4th, when the bigger criticism should be why he let the clock run at the end of the half when he would have had almost 90 seconds to go 40 yards.  When you are playing the most explosive offense in football, you can't throw away a possession like that.

1 minute ago, Rings said:

People want to crucify him for not running in the 4th, when the bigger criticism should be why he let the clock run at the end of the half when he would have had almost 90 seconds to go 40 yards.  When you are playing the most explosive offense in football, you can't throw away a possession like that.

Exactly, I know I get on him abt passing so much vs eating clock but you are right.  The way they were moving it, they could’ve put it in end zone.  You can’t throw that much time away.  I’m sure he was asked.  What was his rationale ??

1 minute ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Exactly, I know I get on him abt passing so much vs eating clock but you are right.  The way they were moving it, they could’ve put it in end zone.  You can’t throw that much time away.  I’m sure he was asked.  What was his rationale ??

He felt good going into the half tied at 10-10...aka he didn't trust Jimmy G to not make a mistake pushing the ball in an obvious passing situation and didn't want to give Mahomes the ball back before the half. Jimmy is an overall solid QB, but he has 1-3 throws a game where you are just like WTF did you see?  He already had one out of his system earlier on, but Kyle know a few more were just a matter of time.

22 minutes ago, Rings said:

He felt good going into the half tied at 10-10...aka he didn't trust Jimmy G to not make a mistake pushing the ball in an obvious passing situation and didn't want to give Mahomes the ball back before the half.

Yeah, I get what he’s saying but more importantly and to your point, Jimmy G got you there, he got you 10 pts alrdy and you’re gonna have to rely on him at some pt exactly because Mahomes is there. You also have to think KC deferred to 2nd half.  Seems to me their best hope was to get points every time they had a chance.  He prbly was doing it “by the book” if there had only been say 30sec on clock. 

Edited by BUBBASBEANS

1 hour ago, Rings said:

Freeman didn't whiff, it's been reported multiple times he had to sub in last minute when Coleman got hurt and he didn't know his assignment.  Whiff would indicate he tried to block him and missed, he didn't even try.

Almost worse. Idk how to feel about that

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Maybe, maybe not. Common knowledge that Coleman’s a worse blocker than freeman. 

I typically would agree, however, I vividly remember Coleman being the go-to pass blocker at the end of 2016 and in the playoffs. He improved leaps and bounds. I don't think Freeman is a good pass blocker at all. 

I blame Shanahan/Quinn for our loss but this one not so much. Kyle had a couple wtf moments like the end of the 1st half. I get that you are scared of giving the chiefs another chance at scoring but still. The chiefs can score a ton of points so you need to score as often as possible. You can’t waste possessions against them.

The 49ers had the better team but they needed Jimmy to make some plays and he could not. You can’t expect your defense to shut down Mahomes for the entire game. Kyle maybe could have run it more but the Chiefs were daring them to beat them through the air and plays were there. They just didn’t take advantage.