Monoxide

A story about Vic Beasley, and why this one stings

50 posts in this topic

Will everyone please stop talking about Vic the player in this thread.  It’s more about Vic the human being.  That’s why it stings for Mono.  Bash Vic in any of the other threads currently being used for Vic bashing

Sorry for the responses @Monoxide.  This thread has turned shameful

Not a lot of people get to see this side of players. It’s great that you did. 

I had an encounter like this with my son and Frank Clark. Frank comes off as a tough add but he dedicated a good 5 minutes to talking to my son who had broke his arm playing football. He brushed off the PR people that told him he needed to get behind the table and sign autographs because of the huge line. Frank ignored them and proceeded to take a few pictures with my son, give my son a pep talk about healing from injury, then he signed my son’s cast. 

Its a great experience to meet the people under the helmet and game day intensity. 

falconsd56 and FalconsIn2012 like this

I am not a religious person but I got to meeting Vic Beasley at a wild game dinner back in April of 2016 in Adairsville.  

He was was the most humble Falcon I’ve ever met. Signed my game used 90s Falcons helmet and took pictures with me.  

Only other Falcon I’ve ever met that came close to his humbleness is Patrick Kerney.

Vic will always be one of my favs.

Edited by Godzilla1985

6 hours ago, ATL_666 said:

Was it really a great story?  A grown man telling a story about getting an autographed picture from his favorite NFL player.  That is a story I would expect a 10 year old to get excited about.  

Is that really what you thought the story was about?

Not to astute there, chief. 

Borat likes this

Just now, TheUsualStuff said:

Is that really what you thought the story was about?

Not to astute there, chief. 

Oh yeah, I glossed over the fairy tale part.

16 hours ago, ATL_666 said:

Was it really a great story?  A grown man telling a story about getting an autographed picture from his favorite NFL player.  That is a story I would expect a 10 year old to get excited about.  

Hah!  The guy with 666 in his name just couldn't help but respond.  Life is full these absurd amusements!

I met him on a USO tour along with Grady, Matt Bryant, Worrilow and Quinn in the offseason before his 16 sack year. He kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Seemed like he had no interest in being there or conversing with the fans. Grady, Matt and DQ were all upbeat and positive and seemed to enjoy it for what it was. Vic just sat off to the side like he couldn't be bothered. 

Edited by RubberDucky

2 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

I met him on a USO tour along with Grady, Matt Bryant, Worrilow and Quinn in the offseason before his 16 sack year. He kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Seemed like he had no interest in being there or conversing with the fans. Grady, Matt and DQ were all upbeat and positive and seemed to enjoy it for what it was. Vic just sat off to the side like he couldn't be bothered. 

You are obviously mistaken in your characterization because we all know he believes in God.

21 hours ago, stizz said:

I'm a proud Christian myself and Vic did a nice gesture by signing his picture.

But there were so many times where the guy looked like didn't have it on the field. That image of him in the tunnel before the game was over is commonly brought up, but people always forget he retweeted that 28-3 joke right after that Super Bowl loss in playoff games he didn't show up for. Never looked at him the same.

Well, if they had gone out and gotten a couple of monster DTs  ,, like I hope they'll do this draft.. He would have been very potent !! And now the FO will probably pick up a couple of huge DTs and yes,, we will probably have a much better DL,, But my point is this,, Beasley didn't have a couple of monster DTs to help keep the OL off of him.. Now that we most likely will get a couple in this draft,, Sure.. we will probably see a huge upgrade on the DL.. which will make our DE look twice as good as they would have the last few years..  While Vic didn't have those DTs to help take pressure off of VB. Other than Grady,,, which simply is not enough. We have to have at least two tanks at DT.. should be 3 for rotation. That is why I hope we draft two in this draft,, Our greatest needs in this draft is a couple of DTs after we get a DE in round one.  If not,, you can forget playoffs.

Thank you for the story @Monoxide.

That being said, I am honestly astonished by some of the idiotic responses on this thread. Either there is a fundamental lack of comprehension/intelligence, or people are just being @sses. This is a reason why there is so much divisiveness on these boards, and why we lose quality posters.

2 hours ago, ATL_666 said:

You are obviously mistaken in your characterization because we all know he believes in God.

Yes he does,, and you will to as soon as you take your last breath ,,, Read my sig which are all true stories,,  Google and you'll find out they are true.. As the Holy Bible says, "Let God be true and every man a liar."  That's why all of time centers around  Jesus who died for our sins 2020 years ago he was born and died 33 years latter on the Cross so we could be saved by his life taken for my sin. And the whole world,,, if you only believe that Truth ,, that took place.  BC means Before Christ was born,, AD means ADominnia which means from the birth of Jesus Christ till this day it has been 2020 years... All of time points to the greatest True Story that has ever taken place on earth.  Amen

7 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Yes he does,, and you will to as soon as you take your last breath ,,, Read my sig which are all true stories,,  Google and you'll find out they are true.. As the Holy Bible says, "Let God be true and every man a liar."  That's why all of time centers around  Jesus who died for our sins 2020 years ago he was born and died 33 years latter on the Cross so we could be saved by his life taken for my sin. And the whole world,,, if you only believe that Truth ,, that took place.  BC means Before Christ was born,, AD means ADominnia which means from the birth of Jesus Christ till this day it has been 2020 years... All of time points to the greatest True Story that has ever taken place on earth.  Amen

Thank you, Draftnut.  Consider my converted.  I can't believe that I was ever brainwashed to believe nonsense such as evolution and the Earth being billions of years old.

Draftnut57 likes this

21 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

So he sent you a picture of his groan and autographed it? Hmm

Anyway, just to let you know.. Alot of falcons players are Christian.. And several of those actually work hard and earn thier paychecks.. Probably one of those guys would be better roll models? 

I bet Vic knows how to spell GROIN and ROLE

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this