Vic will NOT be back

athell

6 hours ago, Rings said:

I'd be all for it if we had the cap space, anyone in mind and for which pick?

YN for Jax seems like the most likely option To trade because it sounds like he wants out. I am sure they will want a first though, at a minimum our 2nd after they tag him. I highly doubt they just let him walk.

i hate the general idea of losing high draft capital AND having to pay a guy a top DE contract though. I hated it when we got Abe, I really wanted the Falcons to draft Tamba Hali. Getting Abe turned out to be a great move though so I am open minded about it. 

17 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Funny our coaches/FO couldnt see this last year? Most decisions I can understand even if I don’t agree, but I did not understand how our coaches brought Beasley back last year. I could see the casual fan wanting Beasley to get another chance, but I know DQ watched every snap of Beasley’s 2018 season and still brought him back.. and I don’t know how anyone could watch Beasley’s snaps and want to keep him on the field

PS.. Takk is good, very good

Agreed with everything until your ‘PS.’

16 hours ago, Drvillain said:

I was one of his biggest supporters until, he didn't show up to work with DQ.

He just made DQ look stupid as ****, and me a fool for thinking he was willing to do anything necessary to be great

Same. I turned on him In ‘18 after watching lackadaisical effort and then blowing DQ off in the following offseason. Nobody serious about their craft does that.

18 hours ago, dirtybirds233 said:

That would insinuate that we have any money to spend. We've got enough (if we cut Freeman) to sign our draft class and bring in a few backups. 

It would also insinuate we are not spending bad money either.  Falcons have got to do something different.  This notion that everything we need (besides a few draft picks) is already in the building is one I don't subscribe to.  Freeman needs to go as well.  There at least needs to be another body on the OL.  Defensive line needs help, both DT and DE.  Will Trufant be back?  Is there going to be a shake up at LB?  Falcons have to find a way.

1 hour ago, isproab said:

It would also insinuate we are not spending bad money either.  Falcons have got to do something different.  This notion that everything we need (besides a few draft picks) is already in the building is one I don't subscribe to.  Freeman needs to go as well.  There at least needs to be another body on the OL.  Defensive line needs help, both DT and DE.  Will Trufant be back?  Is there going to be a shake up at LB?  Falcons have to find a way.

We could free up around $16M from cutting Freeman, Sambrailo, Schaub, and Neal. That would leave us with enough money to grab a Guard and focus solely on the front 7 in the first 2 rounds of the draft. 

20 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’ll just say this: you don’t luck your way into 16 sacks.

I understand that his pressure to sack ratio was very high, but I still have to credit him for an amazing season that year

He walked into atleast 4, some were forced fumbles. I'll go back look again but I know 1 or two they went out of bounds or down rightttt before the Los. None were really game changing or pressure situations. I'll give some credit, but not much being you take away one of those he came in second place and no one would then care or remember "a sack title'

giphy.gif&ehk=0EPxEM5H3BSiZdgj6ibP3awVXO

10 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

He walked into atleast 4, some were forced fumbles. I'll go back look again but I know 1 or two they went out of bounds or down rightttt before the Los. None were really game changing or pressure situations. I'll give some credit, but not much being you take away one of those he came in second place and no one would then care or remember "a sack title'

giphy.gif&ehk=0EPxEM5H3BSiZdgj6ibP3awVXO

21 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’ll just say this: you don’t luck your way into 16 sacks.

I understand that his pressure to sack ratio was very high, but I still have to credit him for an amazing season that year

He did though, he had half unblocked / someone else created pressure and he cleaned up, one he got by chasing Wilson out of bounds one yard behind the Los and he was five yards way from him.  He played much better that year than any other, but 16 sacks was insanely inflated based on that and terrorizing a horrible Rams RT under Fisher.  He also no showed our entire playoff run, think he had one pressure in three games or something like that.  Bosa had 12 in the super bowl alone as a rookie.  

9 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I see 4 ff that weren't recovered, a goff sack that he honestly stepped out of abs show string tackle, abs he ran kap outta bounds that clothes been thrown away.. I do like the broom on can tears tho. 

Also he got a couple on a back up tackle and rookie qb starting his first game in Denver

Edited by Dirtybird3