Vic will NOT be back

athell

Let him and Hooper walk and pull in 2 comp picks for the new regime to use in 2021.

Only sign guys that won’t count in the formula, so released players.

Im eying what WAS decided with Ryan Kerrigan sitting at #2 for Chase Young. Also one of Darius and/Campbell are gonna get cut.

Same is gonna happen for some OL guys

5 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Let him and Hooper walk and pull in 2 comp picks for the new regime to use in 2021.

Only sign guys that won’t count in the formula, so released players.

Im eying what WAS decided with Ryan Kerrigan sitting at #2 for Chase Young. Also one of Darius and/Campbell are gonna get cut.

Same is gonna happen for some OL guys

A few more likely to be cut is everson griffon and linval Joseph.

He is a good solid player but he wants and thinks he is worth more .  Let him go .  He does not play well all the time .  He has his moments and not worth the money.  He played his best when paired up with Freeney and then showed his true self after .  I cant blame him for not wanting more money and cant blame the Falcons not wanting to pay him  ,,,  

17 minutes ago, Drvillain said:

I was one of his biggest supporters until, he didn't show up to work with DQ.

He just made DQ look stupid as ****, and me a fool for thinking he was willing to do anything necessary to be great

This is kind of where I am too.  When DQ puts his name on him and says "I want to work with this guy," and the guy snubs him, then does nothing until after the break (and not much other than clean up sacks then), well, I'm not really a fan.

He doesn't want it.  Let someone else overpay him.  If he goes on to beast elsewhere it will be a Brett Favre situation where he wasn't going to do it here in any event.

Not that I ever expect Vic to be as good as Favre.  But even if he's half as good, he wasn't going to do it here.

By the way, Takk isn't exactly lighting things up himself.  Some chalk that up to coaching.  I'm still skeptical of the GM.  He's the one targeting these guys.  He gives the information to the coaching staff.  Quinn isn't scouting them by himself.  At some point, you have to stop drafting busts in the 1st round or we're going to be perpetually mediocre.

Trading up for Takk is a symptom of that larger problem too, since we always have to go after "our guy" instead of letting the draft fall to us and taking the best player at a position of need.  How many times do we hear "we really need a DE (or whatever) in the 1st?"

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Exactly. I'll never understand why he is hated as much as he is when, especially when he had a good year this year. He has shown when he's been used correctly that he can be an asset on a good defense. Problem is he's not Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor and therefore he sucks because this message board has no objectivity. It's either all or nothing with this place.

For the number 8 pick, you really want something more than "When he's used correctly".  Needed a game changer at that spot, and he wasn't it. Some of that wasn't his fault, still " Can be an asset" is not what you want from a top 10 pick.

1 hour ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I think that's most people's issue, 16 he was not great. It was a fluke that gave people hope and his other years proved it. He has the abilities but I, abs others, feel he just doesn't have the mamba mentality for football. 

In other news, I will need a new speed edge rusher to contain these mobile qbs on madden. #44 died help me lock up Jackson, sometimes lol

Ding ding ding. Anyone who doesn’t realize this needs to wake up and be real with themselves and stop living off of stats

42 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

By the way, Takk isn't exactly lighting things up himself.  Some chalk that up to coaching.  I'm still skeptical of the GM.  He's the one targeting these guys.  He gives the information to the coaching staff.  Quinn isn't scouting them by himself.  At some point, you have to stop drafting busts in the 1st round or we're going to be perpetually mediocre.

Trading up for Takk is a symptom of that larger problem too, since we always have to go after "our guy" instead of letting the draft fall to us and taking the best player at a position of need.  How many times do we hear "we really need a DE (or whatever) in the 1st?"

I give Takk a "pass" as an injury player. He's had one healthy offseason. Yes, that also falls on TD for taking him, but injuries can be fluky. TJ Watt had one healthy season in his college career yet has only missed on game as a pro. It's hard to project. 

Not saying Takk would be a stud, but when a pass rusher can work on his pass rush during the offseason because he's in a sling, you get a Takk. If Takk got the chance to be healthy, you'd probably see a better player. Not some stud, but better than what we've seen. Look at Keanu. I doubt he looks good next year because he will have spent offseason rehabbing instead of getting better. 

That's my only defense for Takk. Not a strong one, admittedly, but when you lose as much developmental time as he has, you stunt your growth. 

14 minutes ago, vel said:

I give Takk a "pass" as an injury player. He's had one healthy offseason. Yes, that also falls on TD for taking him, but injuries can be fluky. TJ Watt had one healthy season in his college career yet has only missed on game as a pro. It's hard to project. 

Not saying Takk would be a stud, but when a pass rusher can work on his pass rush during the offseason because he's in a sling, you get a Takk. If Takk got the chance to be healthy, you'd probably see a better player. Not some stud, but better than what we've seen. Look at Keanu. I doubt he looks good next year because he will have spent offseason rehabbing instead of getting better. 

That's my only defense for Takk. Not a strong one, admittedly, but when you lose as much developmental time as he has, you stunt your growth. 

I worry about his emotional maturity.  I love the kid, I love his story, and I want him to succeed.  But man he just seems to be ........... oddly motivated.

I hope I'm wrong.  I want to be.

21 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I worry about his emotional maturity.  I love the kid, I love his story, and I want him to succeed.  But man he just seems to be ........... oddly motivated.

I hope I'm wrong.  I want to be.

I can see that critique as well. Never seems locked in on just getting better and being great. I hope they don't pick his fifth year option up neither. 

What team will be stupid enough to sign Beasley now?

Which Beasley will show up for them?

Will he sign a 1-year deal and be compelled to play his full strength or will a team sign him for a multi-year deal and regret it?

Will Beasley be smart to sign in another part of the country or be stupid to stay in the NFC South?

How soon until Beasley retires?