Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
athell

Vic will NOT be back

26 minutes ago, isproab said:

Good, find a better option to spend money on.

That would insinuate that we have any money to spend. We've got enough (if we cut Freeman) to sign our draft class and bring in a few backups. 

10 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Funny our coaches/FO couldnt see this last year? Most decisions I can understand even if I don’t agree, but I did not understand how our coaches brought Beasley back last year. I could see the casual fan wanting Beasley to get another chance, but I know DQ watched every snap of Beasley’s 2018 season and still brought him back.. and I don’t know how anyone could watch Beasley’s snaps and want to keep him on the field

PS.. Takk is good, very good

If he sucks and gets double the sad of every other Edge on the team, how bad are they?  

Yea this hits me differently.

That was the most active draft discussion I can remember since being on the boards (outside of 08 of course), and he will always be emotional gunpowder on here. So many people were completely obsessed with him. Those same people now destroy him.

Objectively, the guy gave us more than a sack every two games and lead the league in sacks one year........ There have been guys picked in the top 10 who were just complete busts. No worrying of the stat sheet required.

Thanks for 2016 Vic, you really helped the best season I've seen as a fan. But it will always be a "what could've been" if only we could transplant Ray Lewis' or Dawkins' brain in #44.

But he wasn't all bad, far from it. Now, just don't you dare go and be a 12+ guy for the rest of your career for the Bucs or something.

5 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

****! was hoping he'd come back at a price that was reasonable and prove everyone wrong. I hate losing guys, especially when they grew up fans of the Falcons, like us. 

This. 100

14 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

This isn't a surprise. Retaining Vic was going to be too costly against the cap, while not upgrading the EDGE position. TD needs to finally make a pick for the EDGE that can be consistently good for years to come.

Would not shock me to see Clay & Takk as our starting DE’s next year.  Clayborne is way better than people think

13 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

This isn't a surprise. Retaining Vic was going to be too costly against the cap, while not upgrading the EDGE position. TD needs to finally make a pick for the EDGE that can be consistently good for years to come.

And if he can’t and btw hasn’t in 13 yrs he needs to go with Vic. TD is a mental midget when trying to acquire edge rushers

1 minute ago, dirtybirds233 said:

That would insinuate that we have any money to spend. We've got enough (if we cut Freeman) to sign our draft class and bring in a few backups. 

It all depends on what the final cap number will be set at. Not sure how edging towards the CBA deadline will affect it as well.

When it comes down to it, it's really how the Falcons work the cap.

14 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Funny our coaches/FO couldnt see this last year? Most decisions I can understand even if I don’t agree, but I did not understand how our coaches brought Beasley back last year. I could see the casual fan wanting Beasley to get another chance, but I know DQ watched every snap of Beasley’s 2018 season and still brought him back.. and I don’t know how anyone could watch Beasley’s snaps and want to keep him on the field

Takk is average, very average.

He also is a walking injury case that plays way too much hero ball.

Long way to go before I call him very good or good. He could do it. But right now he doesn't look like a 10 sack guy and his run defense is terrible.  Takk is frustrating as heck.

16 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I agree. The Vic hate around here isn’t without merit, but it’s also completely exaggerated.  He was good this year, great in 2016 and if used properly will get double digit sacks a few more times in his career.

His limitations in the run game are why I wouldn’t re-sign him. But he is not the trash bin everyone seems to think he is

Exactly. I'll never understand why he is hated as much as he is when, especially when he had a good year this year. He has shown when he's been used correctly that he can be an asset on a good defense. Problem is he's not Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor and therefore he sucks because this message board has no objectivity. It's either all or nothing with this place.

17 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Beasley is better than Takk. But folks think Takk is good because he talks a good game but he's all bark and no bite.

25 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I agree. The Vic hate around here isn’t without merit, but it’s also completely exaggerated.  He was good this year, great in 2016 and if used properly will get double digit sacks a few more times in his career.

His limitations in the run game are why I wouldn’t re-sign him. But he is not the trash bin everyone seems to think he is

Stats

12 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If he sucks and gets double the sad of every other Edge on the team, how bad are they?  

Stats

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Not surprised to see you don’t read the entire thread. If you did you know I didn’t

Lol

3 minutes ago, chronob said:

Well, that was a waste of 12 million dollars last year.  Luckily, it wasn't my money.

It's better than signing him to a long term contract last year and being stuck with 3-4 more years of the contract or a potential cap hit.

7 minutes ago, kschreck said:

It's better than signing him to a long term contract last year and being stuck with 3-4 more years of the contract or a potential cap hit.

Well, it was an option to pick him up at 12 million. I would've rather declined the option, give Bruce Irvin $5 million and spend the remaining $7 million elsewhere or let it roll over for the cap in 2020.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don't understand why people want to get rid of Hooper.

Because the salary cap and he will command $10 mil plus a year. We can’t pay everyone. Tough decisions has to be made. That’s business