Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
athell

Vic will NOT be back

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Alright, everyone got their wish, who becomes the new whipping boy of the defense when it doesn't reach top 10 status in 2020?

v

2 minutes ago, EZfalcons said:

Dan quinn

2 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Takk...

This is insanely true. If Takk doesn’t put up some numbers next year he is gonna get eaten alive buy us fans. The truth is out about Takk though, nothing more than a complimentary piece who can’t put it all together a 5-10 sack per year guy. Still valuable, but we need better. I think Cominsky is that man for us.

Pretty much what was expected. They know they can’t play around hoping for someone to come alive this season. They have to produce, their job is on the line. Vic is walking, let Hoop walk, make your cuts to get some cap space and put Suh right beside Grady and lets dominate the interior of those olines.

4 minutes ago, Upstate NY Falcon said:

Best of luck Vic in your future endeavors! Thanks for the sack title in ‘16.

Thinking this move benefits both parties 

I agree. The Vic hate around here isn’t without merit, but it’s also completely exaggerated.  He was good this year, great in 2016 and if used properly will get double digit sacks a few more times in his career.

His limitations in the run game are why I wouldn’t re-sign him. But he is not the trash bin everyone seems to think he is

This isn't a surprise. Retaining Vic was going to be too costly against the cap, while not upgrading the EDGE position. TD needs to finally make a pick for the EDGE that can be consistently good for years to come.

Funny our coaches/FO couldnt see this last year? Most decisions I can understand even if I don’t agree, but I did not understand how our coaches brought Beasley back last year. I could see the casual fan wanting Beasley to get another chance, but I know DQ watched every snap of Beasley’s 2018 season and still brought him back.. and I don’t know how anyone could watch Beasley’s snaps and want to keep him on the field

PS.. Takk is good, very good

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I agree. The Vic hate around here isn’t without merit, but it’s also completely exaggerated.  He was good this year, great in 2016 and if used properly will get double digit sacks a few more times in his career.

His limitations in the run game are why I wouldn’t re-sign him. But he is not the trash bin everyone seems to think he is

IF he wasn't a top ten pick and just any other guy making a couple of million at the most, he would be looked at completely differently.

He is a victim of his previous success.

With that said... This potentially could be a GREAT move! 

23 minutes ago, pearljamnash13 said:

Well guess we will be looking DE at 16 and hopefully we can develop one of these guys for once. I still hold very slight hope for Takk.

I don't. I think Takk is a china doll, and I just don't think he's that good.