Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think Shanahan once again lost his ability to see what the mood of the game is with both his team and the opposition. Running the clock down before halftime was odd, especially with the way that KC was playing at the time. I will say that I think SF got ripped on the OPI. KS had his team running the ball effectively; Moster was averaging 4.8 and Coleman 5.6, but he only rushed the ball 17 times between the two. Overall the 49ners had over 150 yards rushing, but there they were late in the game looking to pass the ball. Just like the Falcons SB, had blocking of held up, then those pass plays could have been backbreakers for the KC defense, but just like the Falcons SB, they led to a costly turnover.

Oh well, I have no love for SF, and never will. I'm glad they lost.

6 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

If Koetter had done that we'd have 15 threads made by that group talking about how hes so pass happy and sucks for it.

Koetter has already done that in Atlanta.  Up 17-0 in the 2nd quarter of the NFCCG, the Falcons proceeded to run just 10 times (62 yards on those carries) the rest of the game while dropping Ryan back to pass 34 times

Up 20 points in the 3rd quarter of the Divisional Round ve Seattle we ran just 9 times and allowed the Seahawks to take the lead late

So in those playoffs where the Falcons held three score leads and were trying to melt a game away, Koetter ran 19 times over 5 quarters.  Not sure what you love about him but hopefully he proves me wrong 

8 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

I think Shanahan once again lost his ability to see what the mood of the game is with both his team and the opposition. Running the clock down before halftime was odd, especially with the way that KC was playing at the time. I will say that I think SF got ripped on the OPI. KS had his team running the ball effectively; Moster was averaging 4.8 and Coleman 5.6, but he only rushed the ball 17 times between the two. Overall the 49ners had over 150 yards rushing, but there they were late in the game looking to pass the ball. Just like the Falcons SB, had blocking of held up, then those pass plays could have been backbreakers for the KC defense, but just like the Falcons SB, they led to a costly turnover.

Oh well, I have no love for SF, and never will. I'm glad they lost.

Yep **** them and Shanahan.

6 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Its not about running on the last drive it's about running once he was up.

He only ran 4 times after going up 20-10. All we heard all season is how he's a master at running, knows how important the run is, run when it matters, etc

Yep..

Like running on 2nd 5 after running on 1st down when the Chiefs couldn't stop the run and they were up by 3 desperately needing to burn clock and NOT turn it back over the Mahomey after 2 incompletes and 8 seconds run off the clock.

8 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

I thought it was pretty smart, actually. Unfortunately, KS is saddled with a boy band member as a QB who can't throw past 8 yards for ****.

Like anything else if it would've worked he's a genius. Unfortunately it didn't. It seems like he doesn't know when to be conservative and when to be aggressive. Not calling timeouts before halftime was stupid. Going for broke on 3rd down in 4th quarter was stupid. 

10 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Where's all the Shanny nuthuggers at now? Come and tell me again how much of a God Shanny is how the Falcons were idiots for not firing Quinn and promoting Shanny to HC?

just so you'll know, this was posted 3 times. 

I clicked like on all three

:tiphat::lol:

10 hours ago, MAD597 said:

It's real simple if you are ahead by multiple scores in the 4th qtr of a SB run the **** ball.

Not sure why this seems like rocket science to KS.

I don't know this for sure, but I would bet you were one of the huggers who has bashed AB for not keeping KS, and staying with DQ...

3 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Kyle Shanahan is the best play-caller in football. He called a heck of a game last night and but for a few hero moments from Mahomes and some blown coverages on the backend, they win that game easy. 

Yes I'm still angry with him for not running the ball and kicking the 3 points in superbowl LI, but the guy is a genius and had the chiefs defense in fits for most of that game. 

Best play caller in football is Andy Reid....

9 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I hate Shanny for ever coming here.

These fans didn't deserve it. Now any offense we have is trash because it idnt Shanny because of that we lost a top 10 offense with Sark and have Koetter.

And now everytime Shanny has success this board will be plastered with it. Same for when he fails.

It's amazing how he's inadvertently in a way made this organization/fanbase screw the pooch with important decisions post-SB. It's almost sad to watch the state we continue to put ourselves in because of that one good year.

This whole dynamic is analogous to a meth head trying to achieve that great first high again. 

Just now, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Best play caller in football is Andy Reid....

Not for me. When you take into account the talent level of each of the offenses, what Shanahan did this year was incredible. Some of those play designs and calls in the first half last night (the Samuel end arounds and then play action off a fake end around later in the game) were things of beauty.

Just now, Smiler11 said:

Not for me. When you take into account the talent level of each of the offenses, what Shanahan did this year was incredible. Some of those play designs and calls in the first half last night (the Samuel end arounds and then play action off a fake end around later in the game) were things of beauty.

Difference is when the game is on the line.  Reid got it done.  Shanahan X$%* the bed...

4 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Difference is when the game is on the line.  Reid got it done.  Shanahan X$%* the bed...

Mahomes got it done and the 49ers defense blew two big coverages late in the game.

9 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

If it weren’t for that guy, Ryan would be ringless and MVP-less. He was the only coach that got elite production out of our offense and maximized Ryan’s potential. 

If his two biggest failures are that he lost to other really good teams in the super bowl, then he’s still better than every single head coach that has ever been in Atlanta. 

Image result for there you go gif

8 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

If if's and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.  Shanahan is not the best play caller in football, because he chokes with the game on the line.  

Would KC be in the SB if Jimmy G was their QB?  I say no

Would SF be in SB if Mahomes was their QB? I say yes

Reid is a great offensive mind, but what Shannahan did this year with average talent is impressive.  

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Would KC be in the SB if Jimmy G was their QB?  I say no

Would SF be in SB if Mahomes was their QB? I say yes

Reid is a great offensive mind, but what Shannahan did this year with average talent is impressive.  

Chiefs go 8-8 and miss the play offs with Jimmy G.