Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just now, Rings said:

Just because he had a different opinion than you doesn’t mean he doesn’t care.

Imo, its like picking the slowest car to run a race with.. Blank dosnt have what it takes to build a winning football team. He gets too emotional involved with people that tends to cloud his judgment 

27 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Shanny did a **** fine job this year.  He didn’t have a SB roster in preseason  but built a confident unit That exceeded expectations.  It was pretty clear who had more talent and it wasn’t close.  I do like the 49ers defense though.  They just ran out of gas late.

RANK

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 
49ers-logo.jpg

Jimmy Garoppolo made his return to game action against the Broncos on Monday night and ... well ... let's just say there's room for improvement. The quarterback, whose 2018 season was cut short by a torn ACL last September, had what ESPN analyst Rex Ryan termed a "deer in the headlights" look across three series. Garoppolo finished 1-for-6 with an interception and zero yards passing. Zero. His numbers would have been worse if not for a dropped would-be pick six. This performance comes after Jimmy G threw interceptions on five consecutive passes in practice last week. Time to panic? Nah, rust is expected for the former Tom Bradyunderstudy. But it's pretty wild how much expectations have shifted for Garoppolo since this time last year.

RANK

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 
chiefs-logo.jpg

Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs' offense looked mortal in their preseason tuneup against the Steelers. The reigning NFL MVP finished 2-of-5 for 11 yards in two fruitless possessions. You may remember -- or Steelers fans may still be trying to forget -- Mahomes throwing six touchdown passes last September at Heinz Field. Is there any reason to worry in K.C.? Of course not. With Tyreek Hill a full go, the Kansas City offense will enter 2019 as an unholy terror. The addition of speedy second-round pick Mecole Hardman, who had a TD catch in each of the first two preseason games, further complicates matters for opposing defensive coordinators.

To post power rankings to support your argument is just sad.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000695955/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-1-panthers-top-cardinals-hawks%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Dpower-rankings%3bplyr%3Djordy_nelson%3bplyr%3Dcarson_palmer%3bplyr%3Daaron_rodgers&p.ct=Power%2bRankings&p.adsm=true&p.tcm=%23666666&p.bgc1m=%23EAEAEA&sr=amp

Gtfo lol

39 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I can't believe people are bragging and letting bs pour out of their mouths, because kyle lost the SB. While we are still sitting home as the laughing stock of the NFL. Id rather be trying to win Superbowls with him, than the miserable form we are. 

Oh and btw, it didn't matter if Kyle ran the ball on that drive or threw it. If he didn't get a first, he wasn't hurting the clock for KC regardless, only for himself after they score. People are pure stupid with their hate. He went for it there and should've had it.

Its not about running on the last drive it's about running once he was up.

He only ran 4 times after going up 20-10. All we heard all season is how he's a master at running, knows how important the run is, run when it matters, etc

But now the clowns that propped him up and drank his sweat @FalconsIn2012 wya? 

Have dissapeared and won't say anything about it. If Koetter had done that we'd have 15 threads made by that group talking about how hes so pass happy and sucks for it.

3 hours ago, Falcon fan 4 ever said:

Still say it was Shanahan that got us to the SB but he cost us that game as he cost the 49ers this one. 

And I still say you don't thank the guy who drove you to the Grand Canyon if the dude drives you off the edge of it when you get there...

Image result for driving off cliff gif"

23 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Clearly you missed the point.  One team had a SB roster heading into the season while the other was considered bottom 8 in the league.  One team played to its potential while the other played above expectations.  Good coaching 

2 hours ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

We **** near made it to the SB with Sark. We beat the Eagles and we may have had a Lombardi. 

Quinn & the Birds single-handedly ended the Panthers franchise as they knew it, ruined the Aints season, and beat God-King Shanahan. This year. 

He was a great OC, and is a great coach, but his ego is his downfall and he still hasn't learned. 

No, we “almost” made it to the NFCCG. We got stopped short in the divisional round. In the last 11 seasons we’ve had one super bowl appearance and a bunch of whoopsies and almosts.

We were up 25 pts in the Super Bowl with Kyle Shanahan leading the offense. Now he’s lost another super bowl, and we’ve failed to make the playoffs two seasons in a row (with a veteran QB and practically the same roster) Ego or not, he’s still a very good coach and a better option than DQ.

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

He only ran 4 times after going up 20-10. All we heard all season is how he's a master at running, knows how important the run is, run when it matters, etc

Have dissapeared and won't say anything about it. If Koetter had done that we'd have 15 threads made by that group talking about how hes so pass happy and sucks for it.

Kyle IS good at what he does...it just also happens to include choking at safe strategy with leads in Super Bowls. :shrug:

plus they did literally run first to the SB. Too bad their QB wasn’t Ryan I guess.

Kyle Shanahan is the best play-caller in football. He called a heck of a game last night and but for a few hero moments from Mahomes and some blown coverages on the backend, they win that game easy. 

Yes I'm still angry with him for not running the ball and kicking the 3 points in superbowl LI, but the guy is a genius and had the chiefs defense in fits for most of that game. 

7 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Hahahhahaha... 

Someone please post the Niners INT celebration. 

Reminded me of the Saints and I immediately knew KC would make a comeback. Hahaha

I saw them do the end zone group pose and I said “what the f are they doing”? They really thought it was over. 

5 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Have dissapeared and won't say anything about it. If Koetter had done that we'd have 15 threads made by that group talking about how hes so pass happy and sucks for it.

There’s probably 15 threads on SF board saying exactly that as you speak. :ninja:

The Shanny collapse: Everyone is talking about it.

Shanahan was heading to an interview podium in a tented area outside Hard Rock Stadium, where the team he coaches, the San Francisco 49ers, had just suffered a heartbreaking Super Bowl LIV defeat to the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday night. For the second time in four seasons, Shanahan had been on the unenviable end of a fourth-quarter collapse in the Ultimate Game; this time, the Chiefs outscored the Niners 21-0 in the final 6:13.

Three years ago, as the outgoing offensive coordinator of the Atlanta Falcons, Shanahan was the play-caller in a Super Bowl LI meltdown that saw his team blow a 28-3 lead to Tom Brady and the New England Patriots before losing in overtime. Now, after guiding the 49ers on an incredible ride that brought them to the precipice of their first championship in a quarter-century, the 40-year-old architect of one of the greatest single-season turnarounds in NFL history was being asked to explain another disastrous finish.

He did his best at the podium to downplay his personal anguish, crediting the Chiefsfor their effort, expressing pride in his players and trying to detail the frustrating breakdowns that doomed them to defeat in the final minutes. Then Shanahan, a guy I've known since he was 15 -- when his father, Mike, was the brilliant offensive coordinator of the Niners' fifth and most recent championship team -- emerged from the tent looking as devastated and drained as I'd ever seen him.

6 hours ago, Rings said:

I'm waiting for the new thing around here to be "We need to start losing by 10 points in order to win games, that's what the Chief's did".  Every other team that won in the playoffs had a theme that was the "only way to win" around here.  Where is all the Derrick Henry love now come to think of it?  Coleman?  Hmmm...must have been a flavor of the week thing again.

I think the old thing around here is probably back as the new thing.... “must draft a mobile QB to replace Ryan” LOL

4 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

Kyle IS good at what he does...it just also happens to include choking at safe strategy with leads in Super Bowls. :shrug:

plus they did literally run first to the SB. Too bad their QB wasn’t Ryan I guess.

I would love to see what Ryan could do with the niners defense and running game.

Edited by cyberlian

Their D looked really bad in the 4th too. After shutting them down to 10 points they struggled with receivers running clean and the pass rush missing on numerous downs.

40 minutes ago, cyberlian said:

I would love to see what Ryan could do with the niners defense and running game.

He wins that game like I said yesterday. Both QBs had multiple bad throws. Ice would cleaned house.

Yes, if Ice was at the 49ers helm yesterday they win hands down.

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He wins that game like I said yesterday. Both QBs had multiple bad throws. Ice would cleaned house.

Yes, if Ice was at the 49ers helm yesterday they win hands down.

I think they win comfortably. 

Until 4th qtr, Mahomes wasn’t anything special yesterday either. 

6 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I don’t really have a problem with how he called the game except at the end of first half.  If Jimmy G could it the broad side of a barn he hits a wide open TD late to win the game.  The run pass ratio was 50-50 until the final 4 minutes of the game

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The Shanny collapse: Everyone is talking about it.

Shanahan was heading to an interview podium in a tented area outside Hard Rock Stadium, where the team he coaches, the San Francisco 49ers, had just suffered a heartbreaking Super Bowl LIV defeat to the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday night. For the second time in four seasons, Shanahan had been on the unenviable end of a fourth-quarter collapse in the Ultimate Game; this time, the Chiefs outscored the Niners 21-0 in the final 6:13.

Three years ago, as the outgoing offensive coordinator of the Atlanta Falcons, Shanahan was the play-caller in a Super Bowl LI meltdown that saw his team blow a 28-3 lead to Tom Brady and the New England Patriots before losing in overtime. Now, after guiding the 49ers on an incredible ride that brought them to the precipice of their first championship in a quarter-century, the 40-year-old architect of one of the greatest single-season turnarounds in NFL history was being asked to explain another disastrous finish.

He did his best at the podium to downplay his personal anguish, crediting the Chiefsfor their effort, expressing pride in his players and trying to detail the frustrating breakdowns that doomed them to defeat in the final minutes. Then Shanahan, a guy I've known since he was 15 -- when his father, Mike, was the brilliant offensive coordinator of the Niners' fifth and most recent championship team -- emerged from the tent looking as devastated and drained as I'd ever seen him.

Welcome to moes kiddo

8 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

Kyle would’ve been great at his continued OC role here given the resources and 2 HOF players capable of MVP awards for him.

He needs to be on a leash as a playcaller tho, by a better situationally aware football 101 basics guy...unfortunately, Quinn was not that when we needed him to be. Quinn was in ride or die the way we had got to the SB.

There is merit in that but it can also be blind loyalty; to a fault. Once the game’s script gets flipped in a quarter of play you gotta take ownership as a coach and salvage the lead.

This was not 28-3 and more like our game vs them this year. Their defense just broke and once KC was forced to go uptempo guess what? Same thing happened for us when we beat them in SF. We struggled all game offensively and then turned on for 2 TDs on offense to come back. 3rd was meaningless; same for KC.

However, when it comes to riding the hot hand on the ground when ahead and chewing up clock/shortening the game? That’s a major flaw for Kyle. He gets bored with basics and overthinks it. They had a solid ground game going. He clearly did not let Jimmy air it out like he did when Ryan was his QB.

That's right... Kyle needs a leash and unfortunately DQ is more prone to be led around by that he should be controlling...

source.gif

Edited by TheUsualStuff