Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

He got us to the Superbowl and blew the Superbowl when we got there. Not too crazy of a concept.

I don’t dispute this but people around here act like we’d already have a Lombardi if it weren’t for Shanny and that just isn’t true. 

Also, I still blame Quinn for not overruling him.

2 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

It’s SO wild to me that people think Shanny “costed us” the super bowl. As if his 7th highest of all-time scoring offense wasn’t basically the sole reason for us being there. There would be no super bowl without Shanny lol, stop it.

Shanny is probably 4th or 5th on my list if anyone is help responsible. I would place DQ at the top for his defense's complete inability to get any kind of stop, giving 31 strait points, including 2 two point conversions. 2nd would be Freeman who shamefully whiffed on a block that caused a fumble, Julio was WIDE OPEN if Freeman had secured his block. Third is probably Matthews with his terrible holding call and overall poor play in the 2nd half.

8 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

It’s SO wild to me that people think Shanny “costed us” the super bowl. As if his 7th highest of all-time scoring offense wasn’t basically the sole reason for us being there. There would be no super bowl without Shanny lol, stop it.

Kyle wasn’t the sole reason for being there either but honestly if you objectively look at what happened once we reached the 22 yard line, someone should have taken control of what to call there to salvage protecting the dwindling lead. THAT is the pivotal situation in the game the offense could still control the outcome; after the hold and fumble the previous 2 drives either took you out of FG range or gave them a short field.

At the end of the day, some play calls in some situations and schemes are inherently risky. Other times you can’t afford risk. That was the truth about the sequence of play calls after reaching the 22 and it rests on coaches to call the game properly there. We stayed risky. Blame DQ or Kyle it doesn’t matter.

3 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Nah, you can throw it at an elite level and have an overall plan of attack pace your team.

We did that in our SB until a hobbled OL, completely broken Defense and lack of situational football blew a lead. No doubt we created it mostly by being aggressive. Knowing how to play otherwise at the right time is the difference.

KC doesn’t come back tonight without their defense making stops. Ours was done as soon as we hit 28 points. We were getting worked. Then again, we were one of the most lopsided teams in NFL history to win a conference championship or SB. Rarely do teams that only score and can’t defend even make the SB.

Neither was true of either team tonight. Both QBs were mediocre or bad most of the game; especially Mahomes. Once they went uptempo when they had to? The defense had kept the game close enough and Niners finally broke. Very much like our comeback vs them this year.

Just think if Beasley makes one play...beats one block...shows up at all in that game...the all pro, league sack leader that people here drooled over, just does anything productive at all, in a quarter where you know they are going to pass on majority of plays. Grady got home from the inside and Vic did zero.  So glad he won't be back next year.

2 hours ago, Rings said:

Just think if Beasley makes one play...beats one block...shows up at all in that game...the all pro, league sack leader that people here drooled over, just does anything productive at all, in a quarter where you know they are going to pass on majority of plays. Grady got home from the inside and Vic did zero.  So glad he won't be back next year.

Yep. The only outside rusher that got consistent pressure that game was Dwight.

Imagine if AC didn’t get hurt in the playoffs...or Mack wasn’t on a broke leg from NFCCG...or TeCo and Schraeder don’t get hurt late...

1 minute ago, Charles Wright said:

Has a nice ring to it, maybe it'll be called the 20-10 SB!

A 10 point lead to Pat Mahomes and the Chiefs? That's nothing. They can score touchdowns in the blink of an eye.

Just now, Schwarzwald said:

Yep. The only outside rusher than got consistent pressure that game was Dwight.

Imagine if AC didn’t get hurt in the playoffs...or Mack wasn’t on a broke leg from NFCCG...or TeCo and Schraeder don’t get hurt late...

Injuries piled up ever since it seems.  Tru was out that run, and we lost Tamme.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

For all the Shanny nutthuggers:

• Super Bowl 51 - 21 points scored
  • Super Bowl 54 - 20 points scored

Plus he lost to Quinn and Kutty this year. LMAO.

:tiphat:

Nope, you have to remember that Freeman and the defense cost us that game/sarcasm 

7 minutes ago, Rings said:

Vic is so **** soft I’m glad his *** is gone. All athleticism and no toughness. 

18 minutes ago, Rings said:

People need to blame someone.

Also, you are about to clear 6k likes, I'm pushing 3k tonight.  Congrats on your milestone while we talk about how the best play callers we ever had failed at his. :ninja:

Ah, thank you sir. I don’t pay attention it much, but I’m glad some others agree.

Hating a coach then seeing the next coach fail and missing your previous coach is PEAK NFL fandom. Especially if you’re a Falcons fan. 

12 minutes ago, tactician said:

Shanny is probably 4th or 5th on my list if anyone is help responsible. I would place DQ at the top for his defense's complete inability to get any kind of stop, giving 31 strait points, including 2 two point conversions. 2nd would be Freeman who shamefully whiffed on a block that caused a fumble, Julio was WIDE OPEN if Freeman had secured his block. Third is probably Matthews with his terrible holding call and overall poor play in the 2nd half.

You have to look at the time of possession in the 2H if you’re going to play the blame game. 

3 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Ah, thank you sir. I don’t pay attention it much, but I’m glad some others agree.

Hating a coach then seeing the next coach fail and missing your previous coach is PEAK NFL fandom. Especially if you’re a Falcons fan. 

The best is that we should have fired Quinn to keep Shanny, even though Shanny already had a HC gig lined up, and no team would fire their HC in their second year after a SB loss.  So asinine to even entertain some of the logic, or lack thereof, around here.

2 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Blown double digit leads in two Super Bowls. 

Prior to us I believe the largest blown lead in a Super Bowl was 10 points. So now Shanahan has the distinction of being the worst choker of a coach in Super Bowl history. Outscored 46-0 in the 4th quarters.

Just now, I give lengthy responses said:

Prior to us I believe the largest blown lead in a Super Bowl was 10 points. So now Shanahan has the distinction of being the worst choker of a coach in Super Bowl history. Outscored 46-0 in the 4th quarters.

Based on your name, I'm let down at the length of this response.  Please do better next time.  Thanks.

I can't believe people are bragging and letting bs pour out of their mouths, because kyle lost the SB. While we are still sitting home as the laughing stock of the NFL. Id rather be trying to win Superbowls with him, than the miserable form we are. 

Oh and btw, it didn't matter if Kyle ran the ball on that drive or threw it. If he didn't get a first, he wasn't hurting the clock for KC regardless, only for himself after they score. People are pure stupid with their hate. He went for it there and should've had it.

Edited by THEHEADCOACH

1 hour ago, athell said:

You guys can be happy a man lost if y'all want.  I'm more grown up than that but do yer thing.  I'll be over here hugging nuts.

Broke brained fans.

Shanny did a **** fine job this year.  He didn’t have a SB roster in preseason  but built a confident unit That exceeded expectations.  It was pretty clear who had more talent and it wasn’t close.  I do like the 49ers defense though.  They just ran out of gas late.

RANK

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 
49ers-logo.jpg

Jimmy Garoppolo made his return to game action against the Broncos on Monday night and ... well ... let's just say there's room for improvement. The quarterback, whose 2018 season was cut short by a torn ACL last September, had what ESPN analyst Rex Ryan termed a "deer in the headlights" look across three series. Garoppolo finished 1-for-6 with an interception and zero yards passing. Zero. His numbers would have been worse if not for a dropped would-be pick six. This performance comes after Jimmy G threw interceptions on five consecutive passes in practice last week. Time to panic? Nah, rust is expected for the former Tom Bradyunderstudy. But it's pretty wild how much expectations have shifted for Garoppolo since this time last year.

RANK

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 
chiefs-logo.jpg

Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs' offense looked mortal in their preseason tuneup against the Steelers. The reigning NFL MVP finished 2-of-5 for 11 yards in two fruitless possessions. You may remember -- or Steelers fans may still be trying to forget -- Mahomes throwing six touchdown passes last September at Heinz Field. Is there any reason to worry in K.C.? Of course not. With Tyreek Hill a full go, the Kansas City offense will enter 2019 as an unholy terror. The addition of speedy second-round pick Mecole Hardman, who had a TD catch in each of the first two preseason games, further complicates matters for opposing defensive coordinators.

13 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I can't believe people are bragging and letting bs pour out of their mouths, because kyle lost the SB. While we are still sitting home as the laughing stock of the NFL. If rather be trying to win Superbowls with him, than the miserable form we are. 

Oh and btw, it didn't matter if Kyle ran the ball on that drive or threw it. If he didn't get a first, he wasn't hurting the clock for KC regardless, only for himself after they score. People are pure stupid with their hate. He went for it there and should've had it.

Laughing stock of the NFL...shame on you. **** Shanny. 

Just now, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Laughing stock of the NFL...shame on you. **** Shanny. 

Sadly, it's what we are. The first half of the season was historically shameful. Where we stay with history. That's what we need to be worried about, not bashing Kyle for taking another team to the Superbowl. 

20 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I can't believe people are bragging and letting bs pour out of their mouths, because kyle lost the SB. While we are still sitting home as the laughing stock of the NFL. If rather be trying to win Superbowls with him, than the miserable form we are. 

Execution of the play called mattered more than whether it was run or pass.  If they execute he is still the genius he was 24 hours ago, because they didn’t he is an idiot all of the sudden.  The logic blows my mind.

2 hours ago, Osiruz said:

I would love to see Eric Bienemy be brought here once Dan Quinn falls flat on his face. 

Ive been saying this for months now.. Actually EB should be our coach now if Blank really cared about having a chance to win 

17 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Sadly, it's what we are. The first half of the season was historically shameful. Where we stay with history. That's what we need to be worried about, not bashing Kyle for taking another team to the Superbowl. 

We take our knocks, but we ain't laughing stocks. Shanny deserves his ridicule as much as anyone. He wasn't a saviour. In fact we needed someone to save us from Shanny to get that SB

We'll figure it out.

5 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Ive been saying this for months now.. Actually EB should be our coach now if Blank really cared about having a chance to win 

Just because he had a different opinion than you doesn’t mean he doesn’t care.