Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

 

5 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I was pulling for Kansas. Reid deserves that ring. Had they been playing anyone else from the AFC besides the Titans I'd of been all 9er.

I'm good with KC winning.  Happy for Andy!

Was strictly pulling for San Fran for all the ex Falcon players and Kyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tactician said:

Well if you run and it doesn't work, they say you are being too conservative. If you throw and it doesn't work, they say you are pass happy. Typical Monday morning quarterbacking.

I'm waiting for the new thing around here to be "We need to start losing by 10 points in order to win games, that's what the Chief's did".  Every other team that won in the playoffs had a theme that was the "only way to win" around here.  Where is all the Derrick Henry love now come to think of it?  Coleman?  Hmmm...must have been a flavor of the week thing again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rings said:

I'm with you.  I'm not happy Shanny lost, but I am happy Reid won.  Kyle will be back, and even though he is coaching another team, his offense is still fun as **** to watch.

I mean he got to the Super Bowl with mediocre Jimmy G as his QB. But his real strength is scheming run plays. He's unquestionable the best in the business at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tactician said:

The bomb was a great call. Sanders was open deep. Throw was off the mark. People's understanding of football on this board is just laughable. 

That was the game right there IMO. I mean, Garoppoderp wasn't even close on that throw. It was a perfect play call IMO, and in a way u have to respect KS for making that call and trusting his QB. But GaroppoFratParty just ain't the dude to make those throws. He might hit one here and there, but you can't trust him to make a play when you need it unless its <12 yards IMO. At least, that's what he seems to be so far. If I was SF I would dump him if it made sense from a contract/cap perspective. Rivers can hit those throws, and that would give them a couple years to groom a QB. That team is pretty young other than a few players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

I defended Shanny when people said it was him and not MR that first year he was OC. 

He had a HC job before our SB, lost his playbook and tried to prove a point instead of prudent playcalling. I appreciate his skills, but he's dead to me. Take it easy @athell

Yep. 

 

His ego cost us a Lombardi. Shanny can kiss my ***. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tactician said:

I mean he got to the Super Bowl with mediocre Jimmy G as his QB. But his real strength is scheming run plays. He's unquestionable the best in the business at that.

I would kill for the creativity on offense for ATL again, the misdirection, presnap motion, play action...both teams tonight have been so good all season with it.  Yet we just run a bland offense, literally seems like it's from 15 years ago...and I don't think that's even an exaggeration as much as I want it to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Yep. 

 

His ego cost us a Lombardi. Shanny can kiss my ***. 

How was it his ego?  Was tonight his ego too?  When he didn't call timeouts at the end of the first half his ego?  Or maybe, just maybe, was it simply bad decision making?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

For all the Shanny nutthuggers:

  • Super Bowl 51 - 21 points scored
  • Super Bowl 54 - 20 points scored

Plus he lost to Quinn and Kutty this year. LMAO.

thank you

 

no idea why people would want that egotistical pencil-necked *** back here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rings said:

How was it his ego?  Was tonight his ego too?  When he didn't call timeouts at the end of the first half his ego?  Or maybe, just maybe, was it simply bad decision making?

Dude admitted he cost us the SB because he was going for the throat against the Pats, and then abandoned the run in this game just to show off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

thank you

 

no idea why people would want that egotistical pencil-necked *** back here

If it weren’t for that guy, Ryan would be ringless and MVP-less. He was the only coach that got elite production out of our offense and maximized Ryan’s potential. 
 

If his two biggest failures are that he lost to other really good teams in the super bowl, then he’s still better than every single head coach that has ever been in Atlanta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Because they were losing? :ninja:

also:

 

Their leading rusher for the year didn't break 500 yards. 1569 yards rushing vs 4498 passing on the season.  They are a pass first team, which I was told running the ball and "elite" defense wins championships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Dude admitted he cost us the SB because he was going for the throat against the Pats, and then abandoned the run in this game just to show off. 

He admitted being aggressive, when did he admit trying to show off? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

If it weren’t for that guy, Ryan would be ringless and MVP-less. He was the only coach that got elite production out of our offense and maximized Ryan’s potential. 
 

If his two biggest failures are that he lost to other really good teams in the super bowl, then he’s still better than every single head coach that has ever been in Atlanta. 

People give Lebron the same treament.  "Well he is 3-6 in Finals so he sucks"...awesome...why can't we appreciate he has been to 9 Finals?  It's almost like it's better to not make the chamionship game than to get there and lose.  So dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

If it weren’t for that guy, Ryan would be ringless and MVP-less. He was the only coach that got elite production out of our offense and maximized Ryan’s potential. 
 

If his two biggest failures are that he lost to other really good teams in the super bowl, then he’s still better than every single head coach that has ever been in Atlanta. 

I dont see how Shanny's playcalling is responsible for this loss. Do you really think you can go conservative and just sit on a lead against the Chiefs? Sooner or later you have to call on your QB to make plays and Garappolo chocked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

It’s SO wild to me that people think Shanny “costed us” the super bowl. As if his 7th highest of all-time scoring offense wasn’t basically the sole reason for us being there. There would be no super bowl without Shanny lol, stop it.

People need to blame someone.

Also, you are about to clear 6k likes, I'm pushing 3k tonight.  Congrats on your milestone while we talk about how the best play callers we ever had failed at his. :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tactician said:

I dont see how Shanny's playcalling is responsible for this loss. Do you really think you can go conservative and just sit on a lead against the Chiefs? Sooner or later you have to call on your QB to make plays and Garappolo chocked. 

That's what happened in 2012 in the NFC Championship against....wait for it...the niners.  BUT people only remember the most recent thing, forget that you can fail from being too aggressive or too conservative...it's almost like executing the plays called are more important than whether it's run or pass...but that may be too much to ask this board to comprehend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rings said:

Their leading rusher for the year didn't break 500 yards. 1569 yards rushing vs 4498 passing on the season.  They are a pass first team, which I was told running the ball and "elite" defense wins championships.

Nah, you can throw it at an elite level and have an overall plan of attack pace your team.

We did that in our SB until a hobbled OL, completely broken Defense and lack of situational football blew a lead. No doubt we created it mostly by being aggressive. Knowing how to play otherwise at the right time is the difference.

KC doesn’t come back tonight without their defense making stops. Ours was done as soon as we hit 28 points. We were getting worked. Then again, we were one of the most lopsided teams in NFL history to win a conference championship or SB. Rarely do teams that only score and can’t defend even make the SB.

Neither was true of either team tonight. Both QBs were mediocre or bad most of the game; especially Mahomes. Once they went uptempo when they had to? The defense had kept the game close enough and Niners finally broke. Very much like our comeback vs them this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

It’s SO wild to me that people think Shanny “costed us” the super bowl. As if his 7th highest of all-time scoring offense wasn’t basically the sole reason for us being there. There would be no super bowl without Shanny lol, stop it.

He got us to the Superbowl and blew the Superbowl when we got there. Not too crazy of a concept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

It’s SO wild to me that people think Shanny “costed us” the super bowl. As if his 7th highest of all-time scoring offense wasn’t basically the sole reason for us being there. There would be no super bowl without Shanny lol, stop it.

We **** near made it to the SB with Sark. We beat the Eagles and we may have had a Lombardi. 

 

Quinn & the Birds single-handedly ended the Panthers franchise as they knew it, ruined the Aints season, and beat God-King Shanahan. This year. 

 

He was a great OC, and is a great coach, but his ego is his downfall and he still hasn't learned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
  • Create New...