Pass Happy Shanny

matty72780

14 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I hate Shanny for ever coming here.

These fans didn't deserve it. Now any offense we have is trash because it idnt Shanny because of that we lost a top 10 offense with Sark and have Koetter.

And now everytime Shanny has success this board will be plastered with it. Same for when he fails.

We’ve been very happy with Sark at Alabama. 

21 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don't even personally have a problem with Shanny. My problem is the folks here that say ridiculous thing like "the Falcons only made the SB in 2016 because of Shanny" or "we should have fired Quinn and promoted Shanny" or some other nonsense like that. It's made this place into a unbearable circus.

Very good point. @Ovie_Lover and you are right about the expectations. Nobody is good enough because they aren’t an elite play caller in Kyle. 

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Very good point. @Ovie_Lover and you are right about the expectations. Nobody is good enough because they aren’t an elite play caller in Kyle. 

Funny thing is...they don't have to be.  We don't need to be #1 by a wide margin.  Gimme a top 5ish offense with a top 10 defense and profit.

28 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Maybe… But in 2015 you could see there was something building. Ryan even said it during a miked up session that once he is fully comfortable they will kill people next year. And it happened. Sark Was a QB coach for one year with the Raiders 10 years before the Falcons hired him as offense of coordinators. Clearly he wasn’t ready and there was understandably growing pains. None of that should apply to Koetter.  And in 2012 he ran a mix of his offense and Mularkey’s so this wasn’t a new thing for him

As I’ve stated repeatedly, Dirk has a good football mind.  His offense is a bit dated, but with some adjustments I see no reason why it can’t be effective and get us 25 to 26 points per game. The offense will be better next year. But that doesn’t mean he is the guy capable of getting the best out of his players. That should always be the objective

But that’s the thing...who is there? Who would come in here, and make an immediate impact in year 1? It’s a pretty big gamble to get another OC, the 4th in 5 years and expect success. There is literally like 3 elite offensive coordinators in football. Kyle, McVay, and Reid. Everyone else is basically successful from the talent/right place right time. Koetter is one those guys. 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

But that’s the thing...who is there? Who would come in here, and make an immediate impact in year 1? It’s a pretty big gamble to get another OC, the 4th in 5 years and expect success. There is literally like 3 elite offensive coordinators in football. Kyle, McVay, and Reid. Everyone else is basically successful from the talent/right place right time. Koetter is one those guys. 

I am ready with my "Ask Madden" button fired up.  Put me in, coach.

8 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I would have loved to give Joe Brady a shot.  It’s a risk.  But we know what we are getting with Dirk and I don’t believe it’s enough to win a Super Bowl.  

Scangarello is also available.  So is DeFillippo.  Both better fits for our personnel & offensive philosophy

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I would have loved to give Joe Brady a shot.  It’s a risk.  But we know what we are getting with Dirk and I don’t believe it’s enough to win a Super Bowl.  Scangarello is also available.  So is DeFillippo.  Both better fits for our personnel

But would they make instant impact? I don’t think so personally. 

9 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I would have loved to give Joe Brady a shot.  It’s a risk.  But we know what we are getting with Dirk and I don’t believe it’s enough to win a Super Bowl.  

Scangarello is also available.  So is DeFillippo.  Both better fits for our personnel & offensive philosophy

If they're so great why aren't they OC somewhere?

15 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I'll say it again this fan base didnt deserve Kyle. Now every OC should be leading a league historic offense.

We didn't deserve Kyle, a number can't even appreciate how good he was/is, but for a lot of us, who have only ever known mediocre offensive play-calling, it's opened eyes.  

21 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I'll say it again this fan base didnt deserve Kyle. Now every OC should be leading a league historic offense.

I’ll close with this: we my not deserve Shanny, but it doesn’t mean we deserve Dirk.  All we need is someone in between the two. That may very well be enough to win a Super Bowl

14 hours ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

We **** near made it to the SB with Sark. We beat the Eagles and we may have had a Lombardi. 

Quinn & the Birds single-handedly ended the Panthers franchise as they knew it, ruined the Aints season, and beat God-King Shanahan. This year. 

He was a great OC, and is a great coach, but his ego is his downfall and he still hasn't learned. 

You really think we would have won a shootout with Tom Brady in that Super Bowl?

27 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I don't know why people keep saying this. It isn't about being able to score 34 PPG, although that would be nice. It's about the way the offense flowed and we could beat teams running and passing. That's what I miss about Kyle, and why I was stoked when we got him in the first place, because I knew he would be the key to proving that Ryan is elite. I mean, Ryan just about replicated his MVP season in Sark's second season.