Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

15 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Where exactly am I sucking up to Kyle Shanahan? All I said is that we can do better than Koetter next year and every time I say that you carpet bomb the thread saying Dirk was the best we can do

If you don’t like Dirk, why don’t you agree we should try and do better?

Because you compare him to kyle. Every OC we get isnt good because he isnt kyle. That's stupid. Kyle is gone and no one is as good as him except for Andy Reid.

And I've never said Koetter is the best we can do,  again you love to make **** up. Link it.

1 hour ago, Rings said:

The ego thing is one of the most stale takes on this board and you don’t find it anywhere else.  If you need to place blame on him so you can sleep at night that’s fine, but no one in the outside world blames Kyle for the collapse, and they don’t blame him last night for not running the ball.  It isn’t a run or pass thing.  If they are stacking 8+ in the box, they have all three timeouts, KC can score in 45 seconds and you think they should have just ran the ball the entire fourth quarter and they win the game?  

I get most of what you're saying, but this just isn't true. The majority of takes are saying he's to blame, from mass media to 49ers fan forums. Don't talk in absolutes unless you have solid backing.

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I get most of what you're saying, but this just isn't true. The majority of takes are saying he's to blame, from mass media to 49ers fan forums. Don't talk in absolutes unless you have solid backing.

Kyle and Jimmy are both to blame.

Glad someone else got to experience it (though admittedly not as gut-wrenching), especially a team that has had a ton of success and slapped us up for years.

3 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

And to add some additional context to your point, the SF offense was averaging 6 yards a carry, I don’t care who they have in the box. All you need is 1-2 first downs and then it’s an entirely different game. 

1 minute ago, Borat said:

Glad someone else got to experience it (though admittedly not as gut-wrenching), especially a team that has had a ton of success and slapped us up for years.

Yeah, losing a 10 point lead was really nothing compared to what we experienced but it’s good to know Kyle goes “full tard” in all big game situations. 

3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Not really arguing about who's to blame, but I agree with you.

2 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

And to add some additional context to your point, the SF offense was averaging 6 yards a carry, I don’t care who they have in the box. All you need is 1-2 first downs and then it’s an entirely different game. 

They really were killing them in the run game. I get both perspectives, but it's hard not to see that Shanny overcomplicated his lead. 

6 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Because you compare him to kyle. Every OC we get isnt good because he isnt kyle. That's stupid. Kyle is gone and no one is as good as him except for Andy Reid.

And I've never said Koetter is the best we can do,  again you love to make **** up. Link it.

I’ve never compared the two.  All I’ve ever asked is that our OC get within a TD per game of our 2016 production.  Heck, if Dirk produced as well as 2012 I’d be happy.  We have way more talent that he did his first year in 2012

12 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

End of the first half showed he didn’t want to rely on Jimmy. Played the rely on defense card...they would get the ball to start the 2nd half!

Weird ending. Later on he winds up needing Jimmy to make it a 2 score game again. Nope.

Chiefs D held and Niners D finally broke. Chiefs D built on secondary play with good enough pass rush outlasted the tiring Niners pass rush built team.

In our SB, Ryan was able to get us into FG range. The points to go up 2 score again late...woulda been 3min; or so depending on NE timeout usage...we left them. Coulda been at worst a 45 yarder for Bryant. The dumb thing about people complaining for Ryan not to IG the ball there is if he does it’s now 3rd down from the 33 yard line instead of the 35.

Why are you in shotgun showing your hand on 2nd down from the 22? If you run it and lose a yard two more times that’s what...a 42 yard FG for Bryant???!!

Situational football calling showed for Kyle this game. Ours was just more egregious. He didn’t ride and die with Jimmy early in the SB until they figured chucking it with less time to Kittle was worth it? Kyle played so risk averse it came back to bite.

8 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

What’s wrong with this play?  It’s a wide pen first down if he checks down to Deebo

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

What’s wrong with this play?  It’s a wide pen first down if he checks down to Deebo

The argument is he tried to keep ball out of Jimmy’s hands too long until he had to throw. If anything else, they could have ran more before it was back to a 3 point game and then that final drive is closer to 4 minute offense mode. Etc.

but ya ultimately KC just won it more than 49ers gave it away...still, why pay Jimmy G like Matt Ryan if you don’t trust going wide open? Hindsight tho...

11 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’ve never compared the two.  All I’ve ever asked is that our OC get within a TD per game of our 2016 production.  Heck, if Dirk produced as well as 2012 I’d be happy.  We have way more talent that he did his first year in 2012

2012 defense gave up 18 points a game vs our 24 this year.

7 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

End of the first half showed he didn’t want to rely on Jimmy. Played the rely on defense card...they would get the ball to start the 2nd half!

Weird ending. Later on he winds up needing Jimmy to make it a 2 score game again. Nope.

Chiefs D held and Niners D finally broke. Chiefs D built on secondary play with good enough pass rush outlasted the tiring Niners pass rush built team.

In our SB, Ryan was able to get us into FG range. The points to go up 2 score again late...woulda been 3min; or so depending on NE timeout usage...we left them. Coulda been at worst a 45 yarder for Bryant. The dumb thing about people complaining for Ryan not to IG the ball there is if he does it’s now 3rd down from the 33 yard line instead of the 35.

Why are you in shotgun showing your hand on 2nd down from the 22? If you run it and lose a yard two more times that’s what...a 42 yard FG for Bryant???!!

Situational football calling showed for Kyle this game. Ours was just more egregious. He didn’t ride and die with Jimmy early in the SB until they figured chucking it with less time to Kittle was worth it? Kyle played so risk averse it came back to bite.

In Shanny’s 2 SB’s:

•  99 Plays For Offense

• 168 Plays For Opponents

It’s tough to win like that.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

All this energy on a dude who hasn't been here in now 3 seasons...

I mean...regardless of why others are here commenting...we did lose our best shot at a SB in part due to time/risk management with our play calling; and especially so did not secure the points when they were to be had in scoring range...that’s not putting it all on Kyle it’s just the subjective since he just played in a SB with some former falcon players. Fans compare and try to analyze its what we do.

Ultimately, Quinn should’ve done more to reel Kyle in during our SB. Players were choking or being put in risky spots...once we had left enough time? get those 3 points at ALL costs. We didn’t do that. Would love Kyle here in a heart beat. DQ didn’t know when to leash it and take ownership as the HC.

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

In Shanny’s 2 SB’s:

•  99 Plays For Offense

• 168 Plays For Opponents

It’s tough to win like that.

Because your run grandmaster didnt use the run

6 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

2012 defense gave up 18 points a game vs our 24 this year.

Honeslty, the way our defense ended 2019...it was a better defense than 2012!! :ninja:

Our 2nd half defense was one of the best in the NFL and that was with Tru and Neal on IR. Secondary play turned it around and pass rush got home. Coaching man.

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

So.  We ran 70 more plays this year than in 2012 and scored 40 fewer points.

And? Again the defense gave up more points this year and allowed teams to tee off on us.

Just now, Schwarzwald said:

Honeslty, the way our defense ended 2019...it was a better defense than 2012!! :ninja:

Our 2nd half defense was one of the best in the NFL and that was with Tru and Neal on IR. Secondary play turned it around and pass rush got home. Coaching man.

And we went 6-2 when the defense improved behind our **** *** offense. But nah they dont wanna say anything about the defense.