Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lju713

TD better find a way to fix the pass rush and LG via FA

I doubt Ngakoue make it to FA, I'm sure JAX will tag him. The likes of Armstead,Lynch,Quinn,and resigning Clayborn don't seem to far fetched. The LG position needs a true starter and not a stopgap like Carpenter,Brown,or Fusco. Thuney will solidify it, but Glasgow is versatile and can also play C. We won't get Chase Young, and Clowney/Chris Jones will be overpaid. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, RHEC said:

Just draft an LG in the first or 2nd round. Save some money.

That’s what’s gonna happen. No way they spend big on a FA guard. They still have Brown and Carp on the books. Also have Gono. Draft one in round 2-4 for competition.

9 hours ago, lju713 said:

I doubt Ngakoue make it to FA, I'm sure JAX will tag him. The likes of Armstead,Lynch,Quinn,and resigning Clayborn don't seem to far fetched. The LG position needs a true starter and not a stopgap like Carpenter,Brown,or Fusco. Thuney will solidify it, but Glasgow is versatile and can also play C. We won't get Chase Young, and Clowney/Chris Jones will be overpaid. Thoughts?

Yannick might not, but I suspect Calais Campbell gets cut. Cookie Monster would be a great add

6 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Would rather spend 6m on Glasgow than depend on a rookie again.

I hear ya, I’m just going by what Blank has said multiple times (we will draft a LG).

We cannot fix this team in one offseason. We legit have holes all over the roster. Unless we have a grand-slam draft, we are looking at a 2-3 year rebuild.

1. EDGE - still have no pass rush
  2. LG - still need to bolster line
  3. DB - corner needs major help, and safety
  4. RB - need a dynamic back
  5. OC - mack getting older
  6. DT - no one outside Grady 

19 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

We cannot fix this team in one offseason. We legit have holes all over the roster. Unless we have a grand-slam draft, we are looking at a 2-3 year rebuild.

6. DT - no one outside G rady 

That's not that bad. Could easily address those via free agency and draft this off-season 

35 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Our "holes" in this scenario are barely holes though. The biggest issue last year was communication. It isn't hard to address most of these areas.

EDGE - re-sign Clayborn, sign Irvin, draft the best one possible by Day 2. That's at worst better than last year.

LG - re-sign Schweitzer for the 1mil or so he'll take, have plenty of people to compete at that spot and can also draft a center by Day 2 to compete at LG and learn under Mack. Can sign a guy in FA but I think more time to gel is the key here

DB - we really aren't that bad there, esp with no one leaving in FA. Can bolster via FA and the draft pretty easily. What we do with Trufant determines a lot of this. Signing Akeem King could be nice and we can throw a Day 2 (at latest) pick there as well.

RB - draft has several good RBs, and again, we have 4 top 80 picks...make use of them.

OC - don't know how a guy getting older makes a position a hole, see OG

DT - really not as bad as you think, can bolster via FA and re-sign Davison but DT was a strength overall last year. Teams struggled to run up the middle on us.

I'm not in love with where we stand on personnel, but it's hardly dire. Enough areas of weakness that hopefully Dimi doesn't blow his wad on a trade-up, but not so many that we have to draft exclusively for need.

11 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

That’s what’s gonna happen. No way they spend big on a FA guard. They still have Brown and Carp on the books. Also have Gono. Draft one in round 2-4 for competition.

Yup, that's what's going to happen. Fans wont be happy, but there's no need to tie in more money on LG via FA. Just draft a LG, it's cheaper.

44 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

I wouldn't call it that dire. 

Unless Mack leaves and they don't resign Davison, OC and DT are going to be fine for 2020. RB isn't hard. If they sign Graham Glasgow, you've fixed LG. That leaves EDGE and DB for the draft. With 3 picks in the top 55. 

15 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Our "holes" in this scenario are barely holes though. The biggest issue last year was communication. It isn't hard to address most of these areas.

EDGE - re-sign Clayborn, sign Irvin, draft the best one possible by Day 2. That's at worst better than last year.

LG - re-sign Schweitzer for the 1mil or so he'll take, have plenty of people to compete at that spot and can also draft a center by Day 2 to compete at LG and learn under Mack. Can sign a guy in FA but I think more time to gel is the key here

DB - we really aren't that bad there, esp with no one leaving in FA. Can bolster via FA and the draft pretty easily. What we do with Trufant determines a lot of this. Signing Akeem King could be nice and we can throw a Day 2 (at latest) pick there as well.

RB - draft has several good RBs, and again, we have 4 top 80 picks...make use of them.

OC - don't know how a guy getting older makes a position a hole, see OG

DT - really not as bad as you think, can bolster via FA and re-sign Davison but DT was a strength overall last year. Teams struggled to run up the middle on us.

I'm not in love with where we stand on personnel, but it's hardly dire. Enough areas of weakness that hopefully Dimi doesn't blow his wad on a trade-up, but not so many that we have to draft exclusively for need.

You beat me to it with more detail but I agree. This isn't a completely broken roster. Coaching was a LARGE part of the issues early. They have the picks and can open up the money to make some moves to fix this roster. 

2 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

DT fixes 1,2,3 by itself and should be the priority. We need 2 monsters on the interior DT

If you have an interior line that can consistently collapse the pocket, and make the opposing QB pass quicker in distress the rest of the defense will look a lot better.

57 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

DT fixes 1,2,3 by itself and should be the priority. We need 2 monsters on the interior DT

If you have an interior line that can consistently collapse the pocket, and make the opposing QB pass quicker in distress the rest of the defense will look a lot better.

DT fixes LG? Are you saying we need to bring back Garland?

Also, were you here for 2014? Only asking because I know you want 330+ guys.