Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ike barn87987

I think 16 is a bad spot

18 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

Unless somebody falls, we will probably miss out on Brown, Kinlaw, Simmons, Chaisson. All guys we could use. I’m not sold on Epenesa, YGM at all. They are not DQ type pass rushers.

I really don’t see a secondary pick there either. We are kinda caught in between. I think we should try to trade back into the late 20’s for Anae. I think he’s the next best pass rusher. He probably won’t make it to 47.

Well I’ll tell you one thing, if they aren’t “DQ type pass rushers” then I want them. Lol 

The place where someone is drafted is a psychological adventure -

A high draft pick could overinflate the ego of a player - that player then feels he no longer needs to display his full athletic skills as he has reached an optimum in his mind

A high draft pick could surprise the ego of a player - that player then feels he needs to overexert himself to justify his place but then feels a major letdown after any rookie mistake, injury, etc. and never becomes what he athletically could

The 16th pick is really a good spot assuming you pick a player who expects to be drafted there and that is expected to be drafted there.  He will not come in feeling like the greatest player in the NFL before he has played one game and also not be overwhelmed when he is challenged by greater competition than in college.

The best players on our team were not all high picks and even our highest pick was #3 and not considered the best player available in the draft that year.

On 2/1/2020 at 9:57 PM, ike barn87987 said:

Unless somebody falls, we will probably miss out on Brown, Kinlaw, Simmons, Chaisson. All guys we could use. I’m not sold on Epenesa, YGM at all. They are not DQ type pass rushers.

I really don’t see a secondary pick there either. We are kinda caught in between. I think we should try to trade back into the late 20’s for Anae. I think he’s the next best pass rusher. He probably won’t make it to 47.

Thomas Dimitroff acts like he wants to either trade up or trade back for more picks so we'll see.

When we pick at 16, there will be someone on the board that time will show had no business being there that long. Its up to TD & Co. to figure out who that gem is. If we uncover that gem...the narrative will probably be that we reached. Thems is just the facts.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:31 AM, HouseofEuphoria said:

The only player really worth trading up for the Falcons is Chase.

But that price tag is mighty high. Still wouldn't put it past Dimi and Quinn.

Trading back a few spots and gaining another 2nd would be ideal.

Even gel boy would have one heck of a time flubbing 3 picks in the 2nd round. I figure just the opposite is the likely scenario, so prepare to kiss one of the 2nd round picks we have good-bye, not the other way around lol

30 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

The good old days...I had a Buick Regal 

I had a yellow car with black interior with the pimp swivel seats up front lol!

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Plymouth Road Runner.

Damm rare car now but man I always wanted one.  I’m a molar guy now for life lol!

1 minute ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I had a yellow car with black interior with the pimp swivel seats up front lol!

Damm rare car now but man I always wanted one.  I’m a molar guy now for life lol!

Sure wish I held on to it!  Amazing what those cars go for today.