Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ike barn87987

I think 16 is a bad spot

Unless somebody falls, we will probably miss out on Brown, Kinlaw, Simmons, Chaisson. All guys we could use. I’m not sold on Epenesa, YGM at all. They are not DQ type pass rushers.

I really don’t see a secondary pick there either. We are kinda caught in between. I think we should try to trade back into the late 20’s for Anae. I think he’s the next best pass rusher. He probably won’t make it to 47.

19 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

Unless somebody falls, we will probably miss out on Brown, Kinlaw, Simmons, Chaisson. All guys we could use. I’m not sold on Epenesa, YGM at all. They are not DQ type pass rushers.

I really don’t see a secondary pick there either. We are kinda caught in between. I think we should try to trade back into the late 20’s for Anae. I think he’s the next best pass rusher. He probably won’t make it to 47.

What about K9

24 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

If they are not DQ type guys good that's a good sign. Draft them lol 

I want A.J Epenesa or Kenneth Murray with the first pick if we trade back and still land one I'm happy

Take any previous draft and fast-forward 3-5 years later.  A high majority of the top part of the 1st round players that everybody was in love with will end up being out of the league, backups, or just average by NFL standards.  Only a very small percentage of them actually live up to their pre-draft hype.   If you look at true game-changing players in the NFL, just as many were drafted after the first round as were drafted in the first round.   While there is definitely a science to drafting and some GM's are head and shoulders above others in their resume of drafting players, it is still in many ways a crapshoot.  These conversations are fun and help make the off season not so boring, but in reality no one knows and history should tell us not to fret about where we are drafting.

Edited by ATL_666

43 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

Glass is half full.

In extremely unlikely event everyone is off your board, we can trade down. Real value of draft is in 2nd round anyway. Give me RB J Dobbins, Edge Terrell Lewis, DL Rashard Lawrence and S Antoine Winfield Jr. and I’m a very happy fan. 

6 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

If we were around 8th, maybe we could draft someone like Vic Beasley or Jamaal Anderson, you know? 

Now that hurt and left a scar! 

But to be fair... Jamaal Anderson couldn’t hold Beasley’s jock!

And that’s more of a shot at just how horrible Anderson was, not praise to Vic! 

11 hours ago, Vandy said:

Glass is half full.

In extremely unlikely event everyone is off your board, we can trade down. Real value of draft is in 2nd round anyway. Give me RB J Dobbins, Edge Terrell Lewis, DL Rashard Lawrence and S Antoine Winfield Jr. and I’m a very happy fan. 

Yup, if there was ever a year to acquire next years picks and get extra second rounder and third or fourth it’s this year. 

14 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The draft isn’t for 3 months. Way too early to say this pick is bad 

Lamar Jackson was 32nd pick in the draft. 

People do forget how valuable is to have an opportunity to pick in 1st round and get top 20 athlete who can be a game changer.

It's up to our scouting department now how they find that gem.

Just now, mattyicefalcon said:

Lamar Jackson was 32nd pick in the draft. 

People do forget how valuable is to have an opportunity to pick in 1st round and get top 20 athlete who can be a game changer.

It's up to our scouting department now how they find that gem.

Having a top 10 pick doesn’t guarantee you’re getting stud either. Beasley 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Having a top 10 pick doesn’t guarantee you’re getting stud either. Beasley 

Agree that's what I said...its up to scouting department.

Fact is, Falcons have an opportunity to find a gem in 1st round.

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

As long as we don't trade up I'm good. Trade back makes me even happier. 

The only player really worth trading up for the Falcons is Chase.

But that price tag is mighty high. Still wouldn't put it past Dimi and Quinn.

Trading back a few spots and gaining another 2nd would be ideal.

4 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

The only player really worth trading up for the Falcons is Chase.

But that price tag is mighty high. Still wouldn't put it past Dimi and Quinn.

Trading back a few spots and gaining another 2nd would be ideal.

Same same with me. We have holes to fill and Chase could end up being another Clowney, all show and no substance. 

10 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Same same with me. We have holes to fill and Chase could end up being another Clowney, all show and no substance. 

I seriously doubt that, but who knows at this point? He looked great this season, and guy is still growing.

We'll know alot more after the combine.

There's quite a few good pass rushers in this draft, chances are good we're gonna get one of 'em.

2 hours ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

I seriously doubt that, but who knows at this point? He looked great this season, and guy is still growing.

We'll know alot more after the combine.

There's quite a few good pass rushers in this draft, chances are good we're gonna get one of 'em.

We have to. Especially if Beastley leaves. Takk ain't giving us much at this point.