Find results in...
FalconJim

The FA I Would Like To Have The Most

THU198074.png%3Acover()&w=120&h=120
Joe Thuney
NE.png
OG
Patriots

Starting left guards who have never missed a game and just earned second-team All-Pro honors will get paid huge money in the open market. He'll be tough for the Patriots to keep. 

It would basically solidify our O-line!  And could we even afford a guy like him?  Plus, if Brady stays (I think he will) the Pats will try to find a way to keep him, and not weaken their O-line ~ 

Edited by FalconJim

14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Brandon Scherff for me

I can see that!  Another good one.  Not to nit-pick, but Thuney is a year younger, and has several SB victories in his repertoire.  Plus he's NEVER missed a start for the Pats --- an amazing stat in itself...
But really, either, or, would be fine with me.

8 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I worry about NE O-linemen not being able to replicate the same level of performance once they're out of that scheme and away from Scarnecchia & Brady. Similar to the Broncos running backs under Shanahan.

A legitimate concern, for sure.  But Thuney and Scherff  are "playas", and I think they'll do their jobs regardless of what team they're on.  Put either one between LT Jake Matthews and our C Alex Mack (all three veterans), and turn 'em loose!!!  

1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

@FalconJim

@ya_boi_j

I like both ...we need a vet at that position...I don't want another rookie...Sign either one of those and delegate 1 draft pick to RB...all other picks should be Defense...Like  @Ovie_Lover said...

CARPET BOMB THAT DEFENSE 

No doubt. 

1 hour ago, FalconJim said:

I can see that!  Another good one.  Not to nit-pick, but Thuney is a year younger, and has several SB victories in his repertoire.  Plus he's NEVER missed a start for the Pats --- an amazing stat in itself...
But really, either, or, would be fine with me.

Didn’t realize he was one of the fortunate ones that didn’t get injured last season

1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

@FalconJim

@ya_boi_j

I like both ...we need a vet at that position...I don't want another rookie...Sign either one of those and delegate 1 draft pick to RB...all other picks should be Defense...Like  @Ovie_Lover said...

CARPET BOMB THAT DEFENSE 

I love that idea.  Any room in there for taking a TE in the draft?   We need to use Hooper’s money for the guard.

Would be great to get Ngakoue, but no way Jags let him walk without anything in return and will more than likely be tagged.

He's a young good pass rusher with better days in front of him. Would consider trading a 1st or both 2nds for him.

He's been putting cryptic messages on his Twitter and many think that he wants out of Jacksonville.

2 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Late round...sure...I love Hoop...but with what he will demand....we can look elsewhere 

yea maybe Hunter Bryant  Cole Kmet or Thad Moss

1 minute ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I'm shocked at how many people want to draft a running back. Hill, Smith, and Ollison look MORE than serviceable to me. Freeman can go though.

money and skills every rb coming out who we want is better than hill and smith and ollison combined. plus hill is a rfa

26 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I'm shocked at how many people want to draft a running back. Hill, Smith, and Ollison look MORE than serviceable to me. Freeman can go though.

That's the thing Bunchy...we dont need serviceable...we need an upgrade...we need someone to take the pressure off Ryan..

Y’all really think they will dump more $$ into the line? We are already stuck w Brown and Carpenter deals. Then Mack and Matthews are highly paid.

I think Blank mentioned drafting a guard this year.

I’m on the Glasgow train aswell but it means making decisions on Carpenter Brown Schweitzer and Sambrailo.

Defensively I’d like Clayborn Davison & Means bought back & adding an Irvin type  of player bought in.

Id also let Campbell walk and swing hard for Chaisson in the draft he’s now my guy.