February 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread - National Signing Day edition

8 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

I actually feel kinda bad for Evans. The kid so desperately wanted to be a Dawg, and was all set to commit in September, only to **** up, and get told no, then get given a list of conditions to commit, meet them, even signing an LOI, only to **** up again, and get his LOI rejected, then get given one more chance, with his fellow commits campaigning for him, only for the existing players to express concern about locker room chemistry, and be told no again.

3 times this kid was set to be a Dawg, and got told no. 

Now, he also screwed up each time, so I ain't exempting him at all. He made his bed, and now he's sleeping in it, but I do sincerely hope he gets his act together and is able to be successful. **** shame to see all that talent wasted.

I'm sure it was a very difficult decision for Kirby to make. I'm sure he hated every bit of that situation. But maybe, he goes to JUCO and a year passes without issue and maybe he's given another chance.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kirby quote on recruiting guys with character concerns... “It should never be the only thing, but it’s definitely the most important thing. The older I get, the more wiser I get, the more you rea

From Chad Simmons: Talking to sources throughout the day today, it is clear Matt Luke “KILLED IT” with Jones.One source told me, “Matt Luke made a quick connection with Broderick and I think he m

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

I actually feel kinda bad for Evans. The kid so desperately wanted to be a Dawg, and was all set to commit in September, only to **** up, and get told no, then get given a list of conditions to commit, meet them, even signing an LOI, only to **** up again, and get his LOI rejected, then get given one more chance, with his fellow commits campaigning for him, only for the existing players to express concern about locker room chemistry, and be told no again.

3 times this kid was set to be a Dawg, and got told no. 

Now, he also screwed up each time, so I ain't exempting him at all. He made his bed, and now he's sleeping in it, but I do sincerely hope he gets his act together and is able to be successful. **** shame to see all that talent wasted.

No bad feelings here whatsoever. Allowing him to come on board, even after violating specific conditions of his recruitment, would've only reinforced his mentality that he can do what he wants and still get his way. Of course this would've been a disruption.

But he'll get a chance somewhere. So the talent hasn't been wasted just yet. Hopefully he'll learn and mature. Good luck to him.

So Pittman and Arkansas ends the day with 21 commits/signees, and the #29 class, with Myles Slusher, Malik Hornsby, Marcus Henderson, and Andy Boykin among others

Not bad actually for the time he had, and they could actually still maybe add a few more

I'll be very interested to see how Arkansas does under him

Just remember this next year, don't try to put a hard cap on how many we can sign, no matter what the "insiders" say. Kirby will sign as many as he **** well pleases lol. Some of us told yall we'd just sign 25 anyway lol

Oh, apparently Kipp on 247 is saying we still have a spot available and might still take 1 more

6 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Just remember this next year, don't try to put a hard cap on how many we can sign, no matter what the "insiders" say. Kirby will sign as many as he **** well pleases lol. Some of us told yall we'd just sign 25 anyway lol

Oh, apparently Kipp on 247 is saying we still have a spot available and might still take 1 more

I gave up 2 years ago I think... :lol: At this point, I just assume Kirby slaps the NCAA IC bean-counter in the face with his dong and they say thank you.

1 hour ago, L.A.Falcon Fan said:

Just now noticed that Oregon flipped DT Jayson Jones from Bama. That’s two 4 ⭐️’s they lost today.

Meh, he was already gone. Alabama let him know weeks ago he didn't have a spot. It's why he was looking around. This has been known for a while

2 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Yep. Was gonna make a post just like this. Bean counting Kirby's class size is a big waste of time. Let's all remember that next year, and remind those that forget by then :lol:

2 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Meh, he was already gone. Alabama let him know weeks ago he didn't have a spot. It's why he was looking around. This has been known for a while

bama did that believing they were going to add jackson, but that fell through.. they were very confident and it blew up in their face.. jones is a heck of a talent.  oregon got a guy who will prosper in their system.. oregon is building a heck of a defense.