February 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread - National Signing Day edition

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kirby quote on recruiting guys with character concerns... “It should never be the only thing, but it’s definitely the most important thing. The older I get, the more wiser I get, the more you rea

From Chad Simmons: Talking to sources throughout the day today, it is clear Matt Luke “KILLED IT” with Jones.One source told me, “Matt Luke made a quick connection with Broderick and I think he m

Posted Images

Kirby quote on recruiting guys with character concerns...

“It should never be the only thing, but it’s definitely the most important thing. The older I get, the more wiser I get, the more you realize that chasing guys who don’t believe in the same principles and values of your university and of your program, they’re just not worth it. There’s too much time spent on guys and you’re having to chase them around, it’s just not worth it. Take the guys that want to be there, play with the guys that want to be there, No. 1 you’ll enjoy your job day to day, your staff will enjoy it more and so will your other players. So it’s very important to us.”

1 minute ago, Carter said:

“It should never be the only thing, but it’s definitely the most important thing. The older I get, the more wiser I get, the more you realize that chasing guys who don’t believe in the same principles and values of your university and of your program, they’re just not worth it. There’s too much time spent on guys and you’re having to chase them around, it’s just not worth it. Take the guys that want to be there, play with the guys that want to be there, No. 1 you’ll enjoy your job day to day, your staff will enjoy it more and so will your other players. So it’s very important to us.”

we know who he is talking about.. LOL  we don't need a name associated with that above. haha

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

Avantae Williams to Miami, not Florida. :lol: 

that was soooo awesome.. they didn't get clayton, gibbs, williams.. anyone on NSD.. they might get princely, but right now it's believe he goes to baylor or texas.. a complete whiff by muLLLen.. that's why he is going to have the #1 transfer group because he needs sooooo much help.. hahaha  yep florida is closing that gap.. hahaha

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

I love that philosophy and it's very true. 

31 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Capxt

I'd never heard of this dude, but as an athletic specimen, I've got to say I'm impressed. He looks like a man amongst boys at times.

Also, not saying you should put a ton of stock into this comment, but it's something.

Watched the first 5 minutes or so... Little light on actual pass coverage, but looks like he can certainly play SS or nickel on standard downs where you anticipate run more often... Quite the thumper and good size.

16 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

UF 247 board in full meltdown and DEFCON 1 after Avantae Williams to Miami

enjoy!

https://247sports.com/college/florida/board/14/Contents/live-updates-avantae-williams-commitment-news-and-notes--143360080/

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, the difference between us and the gator bites is, we would be disappointed for sure, but we do not have to hang our hats on one recruit as much as they do. We just move on and try to flip a kid. 

3 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, the difference between us and the gator bites is, we would be disappointed for sure, but we do not have to hang our hats on one recruit as much as they do. We just move on and try to flip a kid. 

The scary part of our class is we still finished #1 after missing on so many of our top targets and were so close on many of them like Breese, Murphy, Gilbert and Sewell.   Not sure how close we were on others.

We will never know but might have gotten Gilbert had we had Monken earlier and he had known that Joe Brady left.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Well said, Coach.

41 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

UF 247 board in full meltdown and DEFCON 1 after Avantae Williams to Miami

enjoy!

https://247sports.com/college/florida/board/14/Contents/live-updates-avantae-williams-commitment-news-and-notes--143360080/

That is some of the funniest stuff I've ever read on these boards and I've been here since 1999.

The anticipation and buildup til the announcement around the middle of page 3. LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

Go Dawgs!

2 hours ago, Carter said:

I actually feel kinda bad for Evans. The kid so desperately wanted to be a Dawg, and was all set to commit in September, only to **** up, and get told no, then get given a list of conditions to commit, meet them, even signing an LOI, only to **** up again, and get his LOI rejected, then get given one more chance, with his fellow commits campaigning for him, only for the existing players to express concern about locker room chemistry, and be told no again.

3 times this kid was set to be a Dawg, and got told no. 

Now, he also screwed up each time, so I ain't exempting him at all. He made his bed, and now he's sleeping in it, but I do sincerely hope he gets his act together and is able to be successful. **** shame to see all that talent wasted.