Jump to content

February 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread - National Signing Day edition


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kirby quote on recruiting guys with character concerns... “It should never be the only thing, but it’s definitely the most important thing. The older I get, the more wiser I get, the more you rea

From Chad Simmons: Talking to sources throughout the day today, it is clear Matt Luke “KILLED IT” with Jones.One source told me, “Matt Luke made a quick connection with Broderick and I think he m

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

I know McGlothern really really really wanted to be a Dawg at one point but we were slow playing him. It's possible we came back around on him. 

Yeah, I'm leaning towards McGlothern now since he is the ONLY CB in the top-350 who is committed elsewhere and unsigned, and Rusty did say, "If I said his position, everyone would know who it is immediately."

So it makes sense that if he said CB, well... there's only one CB that fits the criteria of 1. committed elsewhere, 2. unsigned, 3. everyone knows his name, 4. isn't public knowledge.

Branch doesn't qualify because he's public knowledge already.  He wouldn't have to request his recruitment be "secret" since it's public knowledge we were meeting with the kid just last week.

McGlothern, on the other hand, checks every box, and he's the only possible one who does, except Reggie Grimes, and I just don't think it's him because he doesn't fit our scheme.  Grimes is a 4-3 Edge rusher, not a 3-4 DE or OLB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Beef said:

Yeah, I'm leaning towards McGlothern now since he is the ONLY CB in the top-350 who is committed elsewhere and unsigned, and Rusty did say, "If I said his position, everyone would know who it is immediately."

So it makes sense that if he said CB, well... there's only one CB that fits the criteria of 1. committed elsewhere, 2. unsigned, 3. everyone knows his name, 4. isn't public knowledge.

Branch doesn't qualify because he's public knowledge already.  He wouldn't have to request his recruitment be "secret" since it's public knowledge we were meeting with the kid just last week.

McGlothern, on the other hand, checks every box, and he's the only possible one who does, except Reggie Grimes, and I just don't think it's him because he doesn't fit our scheme.  Grimes is a 4-3 Edge rusher, not a 3-4 DE or OLB.

I just don't think another CB is gonna sign. Gotta be the big DE from SC...

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

I just don't think another CB is gonna sign. Gotta be the big DE from SC...

I don't know.  That doesn't jive with his comment about if he said the position we'd know who it was immediately.  If he says DE/DT, that could be a whole slew of guys... Burch, Huntley, Jones, Burroughs....

And after this year, we're losing LeCounte, Daniel, Webb, Stokes, and quite possibly Campbell and Wilson, leaving our DB room starting to get thin on experience and depth.

And we were clearly recruiting DB's up until just this week.  Rakestraw, then Khari Johnson, then Bell, and just the other day, Branch.  So obviously Kirby thinks DB is still a need.

I'm sticking to McGlothern at this point as who I think the "secret visit" was.  Doesn't mean we flip him, but think he was in Athens this weekend, as he fits all of Rusty's criteria.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Welp, we know it wasn't Mims who Rusty filmed, lol. His idea of big news and my idea of big news are...slightly different. 

 

I meant to post earlier that I'm sure it was nothing more than a top 10

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RxDawg said:

It's funny, Rusty is getting lambasted on the Junkyard board. Apparently he hinted a secret visitor from the past weekend who was a flip candidate. Turns out it was Secret Agent Muschamp's secret agent smh

... Rusty is bad, but even he's not this bad. If he had said "secret QB visitor", I could have given you 100 guesses, and Muschamp's kid wouldn't have cracked the list... It just doesn't mesh with what he said. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fibonaccisquared said:

... Rusty is bad, but even he's not this bad. If he had said "secret QB visitor", I could have given you 100 guesses, and Muschamp's kid wouldn't have cracked the list... It just doesn't mesh with what he said. 

Anyone with 247 access able to confirm that Rusty has indeed said that Muschamp was the recruit he was talking about? If so, that's next level awful reporting from him...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fibonaccisquared said:

... Rusty is bad, but even he's not this bad. If he had said "secret QB visitor", I could have given you 100 guesses, and Muschamp's kid wouldn't have cracked the list... It just doesn't mesh with what he said. 

I’m not sure THIS is the flip that’s being speculated.. Again, I have no clue who it might be but this ain’t it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bdawg58 said:

I’m not sure THIS is the flip that’s being speculated.. Again, I have no clue who it might be but this ain’t it

Someone over on the Rant recruiting board said Rusty confirmed that's who he was talking about... Just curious if anyone with access could confirm or if they were mistaken. As I've said, I'm not terribly concerned about NSD at all, just curious if Rusty has gone full subscription selling troll at this point and can be ignored as such.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Someone over on the Rant recruiting board said Rusty confirmed that's who he was talking about... Just curious if anyone with access could confirm or if they were mistaken. As I've said, I'm not terribly concerned about NSD at all, just curious if Rusty has gone full subscription selling troll at this point and can be ignored as such.

this is what rusy said.. 

Jackson was the visitor I was talking about this weekend, being committed elsewhere. There was no mention of him being on a campus, because he wanted it that way.

He wanted to come to UGA and he was not missing that chance. HELLUVA steal here for CKS from a group of 5 QB commit.

Don't know if anything on Burch with this. I still think USC for him and have not heard much at all with him and UGA in a long time.

They are really close though..

(Rusty believe getting jackson muschamp was a steal).. I am happy he is going to UGA as a PWO.  not a bad pickup for a PWO.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

this is what rusy said.. 

Jackson was the visitor I was talking about this weekend, being committed elsewhere. There was no mention of him being on a campus, because he wanted it that way.

He wanted to come to UGA and he was not missing that chance. HELLUVA steal here for CKS from a group of 5 QB commit.

Don't know if anything on Burch with this. I still think USC for him and have not heard much at all with him and UGA in a long time.

They are really close though..

(Rusty believe getting jackson muschamp was a steal).. I am happy he is going to UGA as a PWO.  not a bad pickup for a PWO.  

thanks. I'm never upset about a PWO... too much value in it, and despite Muschamp's career moves to work at UF and USC, he's still got dawg in him. :lol: Can't fault guys for where they have to get jobs... not like your alma mater's HC gig just is hanging out there for all the people that want it. 

I do think that's Rusty overplaying the clickbait a bit... but as several of us have mentioned, I find it hard to believe there is much left to bleed out of the 2020 class at this point. Kirby can surprise us for sure, but feels like we're probably full barring some insanity late, and it's jammed with value at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that Will and Kirby are friends and Will knows Kirby will take good care of his son, but shouldn't there be worries about Jackson leaking game plan type of info to his Dad?  Especially with Dad in a make or break season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I know that Will and Kirby are friends and Will knows Kirby will take good care of his son, but shouldn't there be worries about Jackson leaking game plan type of info to his Dad?  Especially with Dad in a make or break season.

I’m sorry but I’m not ready to assume Will’s kid is that short sided on ethics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...